• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

L~A

Edit : legit pricing error, all games are back to normal price!

Looks like there's a promotion/pricing error on the Nintendo UK webstore, allowing you to get some retail games for like 8£. There's The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Mario & Luigi : Dream Team and more.

Bd8S32zCAAE0nej.png

Bd8R3MOCUAAUSyQ.jpg

You should check it out before it's too late! And you can buy stuff from outside the UK, as long as it's digital! It SHOULD work on any EU console (if it's doesn't, you can always set up a new NNID, on your Wii U)

Lock if old.

Credit to @jimmyelgringito for the 2nd screencap.

L~A

For those wondering : yes you can buy AND download stuff from the store. They email you a standard DL code available on any PAL 3DS.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
UK codes work only on UK eshop. At list on Wii U. But on Wii U you can set another NNID based in UK.

Edit: now on second thought I not so sure about the "only" part. But anyhow, if you have a PAL Wii U, it will work one way or another.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Everyone in the UK buy The Wonderful 101 you have no excuse.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to buy the Mario and Luigi hat.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
For those wondering : yes you can buy AND download stuff from the store. They email you a standard DL code available on any PAL 3DS.

I'm Italian, living in Italy, using the Italian eShop: does that mean I can enjoy UK webstore promotion/screw up?

Someone not in UK should try to see if the codes work on non-UK eShops as well.

gogogow

You should check it out before it's too late! And you can buy stuff from outside the UK, as long as it's digital!

Lock if old.

Credit to @jimmyelgringito for the 2nd screencap.

Okay, now i'm confused. Can someone buy the DL code and redeem it if they have a European, but non-UK eShop account?

You can change the console country, set up a new NNID with UK and download from UK eshop and then switch back to your country and NNID and you will be fine. Again, for Wii U. I don't know how it works on 3ds.
So it works like PS3? DL with another account and play with your main?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Not interested in W101 but did order Pikmin 3.

javac

I already own all these. Should I just buy them again? Lol...maybe I could sell the physical copy. Can I transfer the data for Wii U from physical to digital?

Dantis

Bought Pikmin, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing.

Was tempted to buy W101, but it would be a waste.

Amazing deal. Cheers for this!

FML for buying wonderful 101 a month ago for 31£
Oh well, I'm getting mario and luigi at least.

Edit: uh, I need a UK postcode, how do I get one?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
You non-UK folks. Keep away from our bargains you scum.

L~A

Okay, now i'm confused. Can someone buy the DL code and redeem it if they have a European, but non-UK eShop account?

DL codes provided by Nintendo are always working on any EU 3DS, but I never bought any codes from that webstore... wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo managed to add yet another layer of region-locking.

Gonna edit the OP then, just to be on the safe side.

zsidane

This please. And hopefully before it's too late. My WiiU is set for france (even if I don't libe there).
I would definitely bite for Pikmin 3!

TheZjman

Banned
Awesome, thanks Nintendo.

hVTdVsx.png

Will eBay physical versions later.

NNID Points for the Wii U games at probably full price right?

gogogow

You can change the console country, set up a new NNID with UK and download from UK eshop and then switch back to your country and NNID and you will be fine. Again, for Wii U. I don't know how it works on 3ds.

Yes. And they work the same.

How do I buy this. At checkout I can only select UK as country. Do I type in a fake post code?

chadboban

Wow those are some amazing deals! Dammit UK, you lucky bastards. Happy for you guys though. Would've loved to get Pikmin 3.

Top Bottom