• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

Tony91

Anyone here's willing to buy me a M&L code? I hate when I miss these offers 'cause I don't have money!

Is anyone aware of how long will it last? :p

Frodo

NO REASON TO NOT BUY TW101 AND PIKMIN 3 IF YOU HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET!

Yes, I'm shouting! 2 of the best games of 2013. For that price. Grab them!

Animal Crossing for 8 quid? Why not. It's not like a physical copy is ever going to reach that price in the UK, where Nintendo games rigidly stay at full price months, even years down the line.

Do I have to set up an account with this site or can I just use PayPal?

Camisado

Same with me. I was even submitting a password reset email... I waited... it came... "I'm sorry, but we can not find a registered account with this email address"

It's the same address my NNID and Club Nintendo accounts use. Fuck sake Nintendo.

Glad I wasn't the only one to fall into the 'Nintendo version of the internet' trap

Shame I have Mario & Luigi/Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing already :(

Not really interested in W101 or Pikmin…unless someone can sell me on them?

TheZjman

Banned
Same with me. I was even submitting a password reset email... I waited... it came... "I'm sorry, but we can not find a registered account with this email address"

It's the same address my NNID and Club Nintendo accounts use. Fuck sake Nintendo.

Haha, me too. I totally fell for that.

I already own most of these physical but i have been wanting to have digital copies for a while now.

If they honour it and they go through, do you reckon we'll get premium points at full RRp for the Wii U games?

Tony91

Even non 3DS or Wii U owners should jump aboard and buy these codes for their future purchases... holy crap, not even in the used market there will be such prices!

Haunted

Interesting.

Received the confirmation email, but let's see if it actually goes through.

Silly me, I tried to sign in using my NNID. Then I tried my linked Club Nintendo account. Should've known I actually needed to open a third Nintendo account. Jokers.
Unified accounts?

Not on Nintendo's watch!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just bought Animal Crossing and Wonderful 101. I wonder if the orders will actually go through but awesome prices for the games if it does get fulfilled.

Nilaul

Are they clearing out the digital inventory or something? The prices are pure murder.

Yeah because those download codes take too much space on there servers. Gotta clean up some space; so that the servers wont crash again when pokemon bank releases.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I already won almost everything, except Mario&Luigi. Perfect for me, I was just looking for a sale on this one! let's hope it works outside UK..!!!

Griss

Are they clearing out the digital inventory or something? The prices are pure murder.

Probably. Digital storehouses in the UK are full to bursting at the moment. It's dangerous. If they can ship some of these digital codes out on the cheap then maybe the poor store workers might be able to clear some room to have a cup of tea, at least. If that was the reason though I'm not sure why they wouldn't let you download a WiiU - that's the big problem atm.

Nicktendo86

They are £8. Good enough reason for me! My brother has got me Pikmin for my birthday so just ordered W101. Didn't raelly like the demo, but £8!!!

Doczu

My god i hope this will still be on when i come back from work. So about 3 hours... I'd gladly bite Mario&Luigi at that price!

E-phonk

Banned
Any update? I want to jump on this if it works before anyone notices the mistake.

I received this mail :

We are pleased to inform you that your order (order number: XXXX) has been received and we will be despatching your items as soon as possible so you can start enjoying your new Nintendo products.

A summary of your order can be found below:
Description Availability Price Qty Subtotal
Animal Crossing™: New Leaf - Digital Download In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours £7.95 1 £7.95
Total Delivery Cost: £0.00
Total: £7.95

To make sure you get your items as soon as possible, we post and charge separately for each item. Please note, for Credit Card and PayPal orders; payment is not taken until point of despatch.

*Digital download products are delivered by email.

No code yet.

Hedja

Hate to buy into their digital store but I can't refuse at these prices. It's working hours now so they might honour it if there's not too many orders.

Thanks for sharing, OP.

Decided to skip out on DKCR 3D since Tropical Freeze is coming out soon. Don't want to burn out on the gameplay.

Checkout says 30 minutes before codes are emailed so we'll just have to wait and see.

Bought Mario & Luigi and Donkey Kong.

Also bought W101 and Pikmin even though I don't have a Wii U yet. Too good to pass up at that price.

Buzzman

Banned

You can get both games for half the price of buying one of them in a store. They won't be this cheap again for years.

The Nintendo UK store is run by The Hut. Just putting that out there.

Almost tempted to buy W101 and Pikmin 3 but no WiiU owned (and not looking likely to either) makes me think it would be better to heed caution. So Mario & Luigi only.

Is that Mario and Luigi game for the 3DS any good?
Apparently it is not the best Mario and Luigi game and goes on for a bit long (is more of a 40 hour game than the 20 hour game previous ones were). I'm still in though.

Top Bottom