• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Launch Trailer (hot) and Release Date (October 7th)

H3xum

t1412672400z4.png

Polygon article up

ov25sWx.jpg

October 7th 2014 NA

October 9th 2014 Euro

Finally a release date and a trailer to go along with it

Shinobi smiles today

Youtube trailer for the people

"Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition"

More screens:

Lileanna_01_WM.jpg

CassandraSolus_02_WM.jpg

Male and Female protagonists!
5TrO0NP.jpg

Deluxe Edition: (PC and Consoles)

TAB2gal.jpg

• Skyhold Throne - Every ruler should sit in a place of high honor, but as the Inquisitor you will have the greatest of all, fashioned from an ancient dragon skull.
  • Red Hart Halla - Traverse the perilous, living world atop this great-horned beast.
  • Bog Unicorn - Once belonging to an evil marauder, this unique mount has returned to inspire fear into those who would oppose you.
  • Bring the world of Thedas wherever you go with the digital soundtrack
  • Bonus digital content - to be announced!
  • Also receive the mighty Flames of the Inquisition Gear:
  • Multi-class Weapons: Smite your enemies with the Flames of the Inquisition weapons arsenal. Whether staff or daggers, greatsword or war hammer, these weapons will make short work of your foes.
  • Inquisitor Armor: Protect yourself against the onslaught of enemy attacks by suiting up in the Flames of the Inquisition Armor.
  • Armored Mount: Flames of the Inquisition gear also includes a valiant steed, complete with its own set of Inquisition Armor forged from the flames of battle.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yep, had heard it was well on track for September/October release. Development is going well. Glad to hear it's confirmed.

Looks really nice. But after DA2 I remain skeptical. Looking at the combat it seems any hope of DA:O combat is gone. Any word on the combat besides the brief message in Polygons article?

Hastati

Wow! It looks BEAUTIFUL! The script in the trailer is ... pretty bad, but I love the atmosphere of the world they presented. Can't wait to try it.

EDIT: Wait, why is this presented as a gameplay trailer?

FUCK YOU EA!!!!!!

That's the same day as Shadows of Mordor and Alien: Isolation.

I'd expect at least one of them to move around. Still in 2014, but I think publishers are going to want some breathing room since they're all AAA games.

Smart move on EA/Bioware's part. Taking advantage of The Witcher 3's delay.

Simzyy

YES! That looks fantastic. Graphically so much more appealing than the cartoony DA2 style.

Leliana was there briefly too I think. Got a good look at the companions at the end.

I'm so ready. Show me the collectors edition!

Lynq

Banned
I'm excited.

1. Better graphics than DA2? Checked.
2. Bigger world? Checked.
3. More freedom in hero creation? Checked.
4. Better combat system? Checked.

Story won't be anything special probably, but for me it's always the smaller stories, side missions etc when it comes to Dragon Age.

Bishop89

Wow, looks really cool.

Wasnt the biggest fan of origins though. Liked the combat, but bioware chat options and all that jazz is such a BOOORE. Also, was it called the fade? I cant remember the name but that was awful too.

Never played #2 as I couldnt finish the first.

Might give this a shot though.

This is current gen only right?

Wow, looks really cool.

Wasnt the biggest fan of origins though. Liked the combat, but bioware chat options and all that jazz is such a BOOORE. Also, was it called the fade? I cant remember the name but that was awful too.

Never played #2 as I couldnt finish the first.

Might give this a shot though.

This is current gen only right?

Cross-gen, which I feel shows in the animations looking at the latest trailer.

The_Monk

Thanks for posting this fellow GAFfer. October and November are yet going to be another couple of months harsh for our wallets, as usual, correct?

I think I'm going to start looking what to get, what to avoid on day One, etc. Budgeting, here I come. :)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Oh god, the release is a week away from Arkham Knight? My wallet's gonna cry...

Good news though, was expecting it to release mid November/early December

antitrop

Same day as Alien? Shit, since I'm so skeptical about DA: I after DA2, I'll probably grab Alien first and wait for user impressions on Inquisition.

This trailer is great, though.

I see two Bioware game waifu candidates I could go for, game saved and preorderer re-established.

Jokes aside, this trailer did its mission. I am now hyped. Now the real question is: what class are you going to be? A wizard or a wizard?

So far 2 of the games released (in the main series) have had mages/wizards as extremely OP. I wonder if this game tried to balance out the other classes so they can be as sweet to use. Blood magic is overpowered.

Top Bottom