• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Launch Trailer (hot) and Release Date (October 7th)

This is absolutely my most anticipated game of 2014. Since I saw that 30 minute gameplay demo last year I was sold. Bioware is bringing the pain this fall.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I've never played DA2 and i was wondering how relevant is it. I own it but i can't get through the first twenty minutes or so. Should i push through or just ignore it.

I would try to push through and at least see how the first couple hours of Kirkwall go for you before dropping it, the intro section isn't exactly stellar, but it does get better. It's by no means perfect but there are some really great things to the game. Some of the characters are really great as are some of the major plot arcs and side quests, but it definitely has it's issues with poor encounter design, location repetition and a pretty bad end twist(s).

It will be quite relevant to DAI though because both Varric and Cassandra, to a lesser degree, are major parts of DA2 and will be two companions in DAI. DA2 also sets up the whole Mage/Templar conflict which will likely play a role in DAI to some extent. Things that happened in that game will no doubt be referenced in DAI in some way or another. Sure you'll be able to make choices in the DA Keep and still experiences stuff in DAI that's carried over from DA2, but it's good to actually know about those events first hand than just checking a box in a save creator.

Jabraham

While I like the game, If it doesn't grab you then you don't have to. Look up the plot synopsis on the wiki, as well as the character profiles and instead read both Asunder and the Masked Empire. Booth great book and more relevant to DAI

I would try to push through and at least see how the first couple hours of Kirkwall go for you before dropping it, the intro section isn't exactly stellar, but it does get better. It's by no means perfect but there are some really great things to the game. Some of the characters are really great as are some of the major plot arcs and side quests, but it definitely has it's issues with poor encounter design, location repetition and a pretty bad end twist(s).

Cheers I'll try go through it one more time, if not i'll just look up the synopsis

H3xum

10325546_10152420978489367_1350009895097009606_n.jpg

Looks neat but I thought the fade was a place inside of the character that was currently in it. Like a state of mind type of place? How wrong am I

Capella

Looks neat but I thought the fade was a place inside of the character that was currently in it. Like a state of mind type of place? How wrong am I

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Fade
The Fade, known by the Dalish as the Beyond, is a metaphysical realm that is part of Thedas yet separated by the Veil.
In its raw form the Fade is a twisted, frightening world of dark rock and raw lyrium veins where it is always night.

The Fade may appear as something else entirely when shaped by dreams.

^That basically describes it.

Ridesh

Banned
About The Breach:

What does it mean to pierce the Veil, that which separates our world from the realm of dreams and demons? For the average man and woman, it is a frightening thought to consider just how fragile this separation actually is. The Veil is not a physical curtain, not a structure limited to a particular place—it is everywhere. It is in their home, in the streets where they walk, in farmers' fields as well as remote mountain vales. At any moment it could be torn to shreds, allowing demons and other horrors to flood into our world like water through a burst dam. Known lore tells us that small rifts can be sealed... but what about a large one? What if some catastrophic magical event created a rift so large and horrific, it weakened the integrity of the Veil as a whole? Such a "breach" would threaten our entire world, turning concerns about occasional demonic intrusion into a charming anecdote compared to the monsters we would then face. If there is anything to be done, any reason we should look at magic with fear, it is for that possibility more than any other.

- From The True Threat of Magic by Lady Seeker Alandra Vael

http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/the-breach

cjp

Starting to get hyped for this.

Wasn't really interested at first but after picking up DA2 in the May Madness sale the other day, I'm getting back into the lore and feel of the games. Say what you will about DA2, but it's loading screen art is beautiful.

I really liked Origins too, unfortunately never got around to Awakening.

I watched the 30 min demo before and I think the whole castles and keep dynamic looks great.

Hope the PS4 version turns out ok and that there's no platform exclusive deals being made.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Starting to get hyped for this.

Wasn't really interested at first but after picking up DA2 in the May Madness sale the other day, I'm getting back into the lore and feel of the games. Say what you will about DA2, but it's loading screen art is beautiful.

I really liked Origins too, unfortunately never got around to Awakening.

I watched the 30 min demo before and I think the whole castles and keep dynamic looks great.

Hope the PS4 version turns out ok and that there's no platform exclusive deals being made.

Should be more than fine on PS4 seeing as Battlefield 4 runs very well on it, in single player, and it's the same engine. As for exclusives, I doubt you'll see anything other than items and useless stuff like that from different retailers like always, but nothing actually worthwhile. Plus we already know there won't be any DLC characters which has traditionally been the big day 1 DLC in the past, so that's not even an option.

You should definitely check out Awakening if you can, or at least watch a youtube movie version of it because it's a really great expansion, with arguably the best antagonist in the series so far and an expansion on certain lore that is really great.

I've never played DA2 and i was wondering how relevant is it. I own it but i can't get through the first twenty minutes or so. Should i push through or just ignore it.
I think DA2 is worth it just for the dealings you have with the Arishok and the qunari. The Arishok is probably my favorite character in the series.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Reveal this reveal that. Just let it be E3 already so I can have some new gameplay videos to ogle at and a dozen new articles about the game riddled with incorrect information and misconceptions.

Also that place looks creepy. Love me some dimly lit ruins filled with candles and crazy writing on the walls.

robo

Just announced via g+ but there will be some little big planet 3 dlc figures coming.

So the nipper will get to play as the inquisitor.

Top Bottom