• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Devil's Pool (Swimming on the edge of a waterfall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

This seems crazy to me. First time I've discovered and don't know if you guys have seen it before. I don't think I would be able to do something like this especially when my swimming skills are sad.

Anyway, this is a small part on the edge of the waterfall where the current stays calm and allows for people to be able to swim right on it located in the Victoria Falls. Looks amazing.

devils-pool-6.jpg

Devils-Pool-3.jpg

SAM_5484.jpg

the-devils-pool-victoria-falls-e1353979587810.jpg

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFsiJBSQps

Of course, there is always a risk of death and they have actually happened before.
It was in fulfilling this duty that the tragic tour guide dived into the water to rescue a stranded tourists last Wednesday.

A witness told the Sunday Mail: “The tour guide quickly grabbed the tourist’s hand and successfully pulled him back into the pool but in the process, he slipped and fell into the gorge down below.”
Horrified tourists on either side of the falls witnessed the incident.

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/news-1052-Tour guide in Vic Falls plunge/news.aspx

Mordeccai

I'd totally do it. lol @ the tour guide in the video you linked giving no fucks and doing a back flip into the pool.

You gotta wonder how many poor bastards died trying to find a spot like this though. I mean I imagine this particular area of the falls took a while to find. Victoria Falls (btw, the Zambian word for the falls is much more badass, 'The Smoke that Thunders') is massive. I wouldn't be surprised if it was found by some accident while some poor bastard thought he was rushing to his death, only to be saved by this Devil's Armchair part.

considering how many times i've slipped on rocks in fast moving water (both standing and crouching), and how much even a stumble fucking hurts.. no thanks. have none of these people seen apocalypto?

Ferrio

Banned
Ya fuck that, the water is no different there than up the river. Not risking my life for that.

Maybe if it reversed aging or grew my dick a few inches MAYBE.

What if you just randomly had a seizure up there or a eagle came down and whacked you in the face? You'd be one dead son of a bitch regardless of how careful you were being. They aren't wearing parachutes or any other safety gear. Fuck this shit

Nelo Ice

Banned
I feel compelled to try if I ever get the chance on day. Of course it's terrifying but damn it's pretty awesome at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom