• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Devil's Pool (Swimming on the edge of a waterfall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fou-Lu

Done it before, but only at relatively small falls, nothing that would lead to death in all likelihood. Wouldn't go bigger.

BouncyFrag

tumblr_mapwzhaz_Nk1qzlvmi.gif

BouncyFrag

ok I just went through this and I am high as balls

was scared as fuck a jump scare was going to come at the part where you use the flashlight, thankfully nothing of the sort. very cool story tho. would recommend if you like creepy / odd stories. pretty fuckin weirded out right now.
I stopped reading as I would like to get some sleep tonight.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
As an internet tough guy, I'd totally do it.

If I actually got there, haha no I like life.

No chance I'd do that. just a couple of inches extra flow and you're gone.

As it happens my brother fell down a waterfall in the Wicklow mountains in Ireland. Not a straight drop luckily but got carried 50 metres before getting jammed in between two rocks, smashed his arm up, but it saved his life. My other brother was there and got down to him to help him out whilst waiting for mountain rescue. He went back the next day and for the life of him couldn't work out how he'd managed to get down to help. Guess adrenaline has a lot to answer for.

All good now except for setting off airport alarms.

mantidor

I can swim relatively well, and...nope. There's nothing more treacherous than the calm waters of a river, worst at the edge of a waterfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom