• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visceral: Leaked Battlefield Hardline trailer was from 6 month old build

DieH@rd

Banned
Straight from Steve Papoutsis, Vice President of Visceral Games.
https://twitter.com/leveluptime

2014-05-2821_54_59-tw03pbr.png

2014-05-2821_58_47-st8auo0.png

Shin

Banned
Sounds about right, after I re-uploaded the trailer on Mega earlier I looked at the properties of the file for kicks and saw: 2013-12-04 04:30 as last modified date.

DieH@rd

Banned
That internal presentation could also started with the announcement from a dev: "We have 300+ new assets from our outsorcing studios in China, 3 new engine updates and new lightning pass already ready, but they weren't rolled into the build that was used during filming of this trailer a week ago". :)

Modern games sometimes really come together only in a last 6 months of the production. E3 demo will most probably receive mad levels of polish [and crunch time].

Kouichi

Looking forward to seeing the real deal. It's a shame that something unfinished got leaked, but at least it still looks awesome.

Ramenman

That internal presentation could also started with the announcement from a dev: "We have 300+ new assets from our outsorcing studios in China, 3 new engine updates and new lightning pass already ready, but they weren't rolled into the build that was used during filming of this trailer a week ago". :)

Modern games sometimes really come together only in a last 6 months of the production. E3 demo will most probably receive mad levels of polish [and crunch time].

This is very true, actually I would say even less than that.

I wish more gamers realized this too.

esterk

Well that's good. I want to be excited for this game, so if newer footage looks significantly better, I'm in.

IcyEyes

That's why I pretty dislike this kind of leak.

Anyway, it's something that the devs must live with ...

Ps The games looks already pretty interesting. Can't wait to see more!

Steez

Ugh, I'm still incredibly salty that Visceral went from creating on the best modern action horror games to a freakin' Battlefield spin-off.

Dysun

This was obvious to anyone with any semblance of intelligence. That other thread was pretty lolworthy with the looks worse than bf4 shtick

Not into Battlefield, but love the reaction. Glad he came out with the situation the way he did versus cursing and screaming at the internet.

DieH@rd

Banned
I wonder if E3 demo will be on PC or PS4 hardware... At least we still have something to look for on their pressconf. :D

StuBurns

Banned
I hope the industry's growing inability to keep secrets leads to more transparency. I don't think it was really a big discussion point on GAF, but MS announcing the Gears IP purchase and project as soon as it went through was very interesting. Much more akin to how the film industry announce projects as soon as a producer is attached to a script.

No Love

Banned
Ugh, I'm still incredibly salty that Visceral went from creating on the best modern action horror games to a freakin' Battlefield spin-off.

A friend of mine works at Visceral... he has always been a huge fan of DICE/Battlefield so this is right up his alley when it comes to "IP's I wanted to work on." I'm guessing the other guys at Visceral working on Hardline feel the same.

I hope the industry's growing inability to keep secrets leads to more transparency. I don't think it was really a big discussion point on GAF, but MS announcing the Gears IP purchase and project as soon as it went through was very interesting. Much more akin to how the film industry announce projects as soon as a producer is attached to a script.

They did the same with the TF1 lifetime exclusivity deal. They didn't even give Zampella or West a call to let them know what had just happened...

StuBurns

Banned
They did the same with the TF1 lifetime exclusivity deal. They didn't even give Zampella or West a call to let them know what had just happened...
I think it's wise, it's not like the meltdown from seeing TLG is going to be impacted by knowing of it's existence for so long. Barlog basically confirmed he's directing GoW4, we probably won't see even a hint of it till E3 next year, but people will still lose their shit.

There are companies that do a good job of keeping things secret, R* for example, but for most places, just confirming stuff as soon as possible is going to avoid people spilling info before you want it out.

Obviously the TF thing was a fucking mess because it just angered Respawn and got them to basically confirm TF2 for PS4 straight away, but if MS had handled it better, I think like the Gears thing it would have been very wise.

Sendou

Well that explains a lot. Interesting to see how it really looks in a few weeks. The core concept is appealing to me.

Yikes

Squire

Banned

This is very true, actually I would say even less than that.

I wish more gamers realized this too.

The number I've heard is four months.

There are good games that were horrible for a long time. I agree, I wish people considered that more.

Excited to see more Hardline.

Watching that trailer it looks like it is basically Battlefield:Special Forces 2 Cops Vs robbers edition.

Especially with the whole, grapple hook and zipline thing.

Top Bottom