• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Paddle Keys: Triangle, Square, Circle, and Perp-Lines

Chromax

Did it take you guys a while to get used to Sony's buttons back then? I think I got used to where circle is first since that's the button to transform in Bloody Roar on the PS1. Triangle was also easy since it's like a arrow pointing up on the controller!

I got used to it pretty quickly, along with Microsoft's controller.

I still get mixed up with Nintendo's buttons, though, even after all these years. I shouldn't, but I do.

† is a cross
X is an X

I shed a tear when people complain that it's too hard to learn the symbols. It took me about 30 minutes for it to be second nature.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I only get confused when playing a US or JP region game since the confirm and cancel buttons get switched.

X and O to O and X.

LiK

CROSS? so wrong i can't even tell you how wrong that sounds.

i have no trouble with buttons, i'm adaptable.

Never had an issue with it, but I never really got used to XYAB on the Xbox controller. If those things weren't color coded I'd have lost every QTE I ever tried.

DedValve

Banned
Nope. But as always switching from my 360/PS3 to WiiU is always jarring. I keep quitting to the main menu in Wind Waker >.>

Cartman86

Banned
Nope Nintendo has become the problem ever since the Xbox controller took over and Nintendo went back to standard face buttons. No problem with Wii remotes, but pro controllers, Wii U gamepad, handhelds etc it takes a bit.

CompC

For everyone who says Cross...

In the Sly Cooper games they say "press X" or "press the X button" in voice overs...

So I say X.

My first PS1 game was FF7. Needless to say, the scene in Junon where you infiltrate the parade and have to do the dance thing (which was basically one of the earliest quick time events, come to think of it) was pretty hard for me.

Thankfully, my second PS1 game was Xenogears, which puts those buttons right in front of you during every battle, which got me used to which was which pretty quick.

Zephyx

Started with the PS1 so I'm used to it. I find it harder to adapt to Nintendo and Xbox controllers as the button prompts confuse me.

BTW, It's X as in the letter "X".

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So... Marvel "X" Tekken?

It's Cross

What the shit does the X in between those two even mean?? Versus? Multiplied by???

An X is a X people. #TeamECKS

Salsa

I use a 360 controller and when my friends use one and I wanna tell em what a button does I still say "you do that with Triangle" or "with Square" cause if I use X or Y they have to look at the controller cause they mix them up.

I blame it on PES popularity in latin america

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Buncha assholes ITT calling an "X" "cross" because a filthy corporation brainwashed them into adopting their special brand language.

"EX," motherfukcers!

Cross?

WTF.gif

X fo lyfe!

Top Bottom