• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox China Launch Lineup, Price, Skus, Free XBL to March 2015 and More

Kayant

Today, Microsoft and BesTV announced Xbox One will launch in China on September 23 with a lineup of blockbuster games and entertainment starting at ¥3,699 RMB. Xbox One is the first gaming and entertainment console approved for sale in China coinciding with the Shanghai Free Trade Zone one-year anniversary.

At the Xbox One media briefing, Microsoft and BesTV detailed their plan to launch the Xbox One in China. Demonstrating a strong ecosystem of support, more than 25 developers are building more than 70 games for Xbox One including exclusive content, free to play games, and blockbuster titles. In partnership with BesTV, Xbox One will bring hundreds of thousands of hours of entertainment content including blockbuster movies, sports, documentaries and on-demand TV programs, fitness and exclusive, locally developed applications. Finally, Xbox One is bringing unique value to the Chinese market including innovative pricing models for games, compelling console bundles, local customer support and two year warranty.

• Exclusive titles from Microsoft Studios: Expected to launch on Day One are popular titles from Microsoft Studios including, Forza Motorsport 5: Racing Game of the Year – the highest-rated racing franchise of this console generation, Kinect Sports Rivals, Powerstar Golf, Zoo Tycoon, and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood among others. Beyond launch, the Xbox One games portfolio will continue to grow with titles like Sunset Overdrive and Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which will bring the complete story of Halo’s legendary hero, the Master Chief, to life on one console for the very first time.
  • Games from the world’s leading developers: Twelve of the world’s largest developers including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft and 2K are working to bring their gaming favorites to China.
  • Premium content from Chinese developers: Thirteen of China’s best developers are already working to bring new IP and fan-favorite games to Xbox One, starting with Neverwinter Online from Perfect World and games from Gamebar and Yingpei Games. Additional games and experiences are in development from Snail Games, NetEase and Tencent to name a few.

Some noteworthy highlights :

6 Months exclusive window on Neverwinter Online
For the six months following Xbox One’s launch, Neverwinter Online will be available only on Xbox One.

Two Free movies each month via BesTV
Owners of Xbox One in China will receive access to this content in addition to two free movies per month.

English Premiere League free for the first year
Sports: BesTV will unlock access to premium sports games such as English Premiere League (EPL) – free for the first year.

Free XBL until March
Free access to Xbox Live Gold through March 2015

Every XB1 gets
Powerstar Golf and Neverwinter Online with a Special Edition Pack
A two-year warranty and local customer service support from Microsoft and BesTV.

Day One edition details

Microsoft and BesTV are also delighted to offer a special Day One limited edition console which includes Kinect for Xbox One, more games and exclusive offers such as:

A limited-edition commemorative China Day One controller;
Day One Achievement for your Xbox Live profile;
Kinect Sports Rivals, Forza Motorsport 5: Racing Game of the Year as well as the Neverwinter Online Commemorative Edition Pack, and Powerstar Golf with in-game credit

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjWH0ExK4w

Much more here - http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/xbox-one-launch-in-china-september

Seems like they are putting a lot of effort and have really thought about what to do. Don't know much about the Chinese market but how do people in the know think it will do there?

Lock if old

FkpBtSb.png

Some new game announcements in that trailer:

A Steins;Gate title
Mercury
Unknown Game at 1:35 (since I can't read Chinese)
Unknown Game at 1:48 (since I can't read Chinese)
Judgement of Rage

Ubersnug

Quick question, will the Chinese xbox live player base be mixed into the global xbox live player base for matchmaking and what not or will they have their own separate instance of live? Not sure what restrictions the Chinese government has in place regarding xbox live, if any.

Some new game announcements in that trailer:

A Steins;Gate title
Mercury
Unknown Game at 1:35 (since I can't read Chinese) - Global Mission 2, F2P TPS
Unknown Game at 1:48 (since I can't read Chinese) - Swords of Legends, MMORPG
Judgement of Rage

Both game are by Chinese devs.

So do we know how much the PS4 is going for in China? I want to know if both companies are going to be super stupid about pricing there.

What people have to realize is that you can easily find a XB1/PS4 in China at grey market prices that are cheaper than US MSRP(399/499).

Doesn't China get ban happy with violent games? That's what I heard anyway, so I'm interested in what happens to SO and MCC over there.

RobotVM

They are really trying to out do the black market in-terms of what is offered. However I still think people will buy it off the black market because China...

I've said this in other threads related to China already.
Consoles do have a chance in the Chinese market.

The problem is MS/Sony will have to put up the effort and help localize stuff. Otherwise it's always going to be a niche product for the super hardcore.

Mr.Batman

Banned
My gosh, I was expecting Microsoft to kill it in China but not with that price. With such small living areas, Kinect will basically be useless outside of voice commands and a large majority of Chinese people don't have enough money to drop on an X1 when they could easily get a pc or pc upgrade for that price.

Gundy2010

I've said this in other threads related to China already.
Consoles do have a chance in the Chinese market.

The problem is MS/Sony will have to put up the effort and help localize stuff. Otherwise it's always going to be a niche product for the super hardcore.

indeed. Chinese console gamers are already very hardcore and not price sensetive at all. Most of them already bought their console of choice through imports regardless of warrenty. My friend for example, bought 360 3 times thanks to red rings, you don't get that kind of dedication elsewhere.

MS/Sony/Nintendo needs to focus on the broader audience instead and make their hardware price competitive considering PC hardware is rather cheap in China.

Top Bottom