• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 coming June 3rd 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
Off the back of the way better than expecting opening weekend Paramount is moving ahead with the sequel and locked in a release date already.

Bay is back as is the writing team.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-sequel-underway-bay-to-return/
On the strength of the $65M-plus domestic opening of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Paramount announced this AM that a sequel is underway with Michael Bay steering the production once again. The project from Nickelodeon Movies will bow on June 3, 2016. Bay will produce alongside his Platinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick. Screenwriters Josh Appelbaum & André Nemec (Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocal) are again coming aboard to write the sequel and will also receive an exec producing credit. It’s not clear if Jonathan Liebsman will again direct. Kudos to Paramount’s marketing team led by Josh Greenstein — talk about negotiating from a place of strength.

Whatever. Nieces and nephews all loved it. So, I guess if kids dig it, that's cool.

Probably not Bebop and Rocksteady. Again. >:-(

They were in the script that leaked from before Bay came on. Not that that really matters, just kind of interesting. So was Krang and the Technodrome.

Since the movie ends with
Shredder having the ooze, it's possible for the sequel. That or we'll just get a Super Transformer Shredder.

aimnt.gif

alterno69

Banned
Good, movie is decent and could turn out much better given the oportunity, or it will probably be Transformers 2 all lver again.

Not entirely unexpected after it extremely overperformed on the opening weekend, but this is REAL early.

I like that they moved it to straight June, too. They -need- Liebesman back, though.

strafer

of course it will

the movie can be the worst piece of shit in the history of the world...

BUT...if it makes bank the studio is happy and will make a sequel..

All the studios care about is money.

this just screams of cash-in and cold money interest over crafting a real, honest cinematic experience. would marvel announce a sequel so soon after a stellar box office performance? Absolutely not.

My 8 years old son loved that part. Him and his 2 years old brother are playing with their Raphael and Michaelangelo action figures as imtype this lol.

It was easily the best moment of the movie for me. Just so random, and I expected the other guys to yell at Mikey, and instead they all just jump in. I was amused.

this just screams of cash-in and cold money interest over crafting a real, honest cinematic experience. would marvel announce a sequel so soon after a stellar box office performance? Absolutely not.

Hahahahahaha, well played

They just announce the sequel before it even comes out! Damn you Marvel~!

Zombine

Banned
Man. That movie was a lot of fun. It wasn't perfect but I had a ton of fun watching it. Shredder was ridiculously badass, and the ending with
the Turtle Van
showed they are willing to have fun with this franchise. I think the next film will be even better.

brinstar

I'd be down for a new movie. I really enjoyed this interpretation of the turtles but the first movie was too shackled down to origin story BS imo.

kswiston

Surprised move it to June

Especially since kind of stacked with comic movies already, no?

Turtles is a comic movie to the general public in the same way that Men in Black is a comic movie. IE most people have no idea.

That said, Batman v Superman is in March and Cap 2 is the first week of may, so it's really only X-Men that this will be competing with.

Platy

Please no Liebesman .... I am happy even for Bay =P

Also, please follow tmnt movie tradition and CHANGE THE APRIL ACTRESS

FTF

Oh course it is…a sequel was guaranteed after its opening day # came out…and a quick, less than 2 year turn around rush job of a sequel is not surprising either. I have no faith the second one will be any better quality wise unfortunately.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Surprised move it to June

Especially since kind of stacked with comic movies already, no?

It's actually not.

Captain America 3 - 5/6
X-Men Apocalypse - 5/27
Marvel untitled - 7/8
DC untitled - 8/5

It'll have its space since its tone and target audience is relatively different than the other superhero movies.

Fuck no. I want a Tutles movie, not another April O´neil movie. Just i want a Transformers movie about Transformers. Fuck these shitty human cast. They ruin these movies.

So, i did not say it is a bad thing.

No, I agree. It's why Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was amazing. It's the only movie in recent time I can think of with a large non-human cast that actually ends up being the focus

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is the movie even that bad? I'll be watching it as soon as a good quality rip is out, or DVD is released.

jett

D-Member
Awesome. After April O'Neil Begins, we'll be getting The Dark April O'Neil.

Fucking shithead writers, wish they would change those two at least.

No, I agree. It's why Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was amazing. It's the only movie in recent time I can think of with a large non-human cast that actually ends up being the focus

You need balls to movies like the two Apes flicks. Platinum Dunes has no balls. Or talent.

Oh course it is…a sequel was guaranteed after its opening day # came out…and a quick, less than 2 year turn around rush job of a sequel is not surprising either. I have no faith the second one will be any better quality wise unfortunately.

Are you kidding me? Movies are planned as trilogies before the first one is even written. God forbid movies are standalone anymore.

jett

D-Member
Are you kidding me? Movies are planned as trilogies before the first one is even written. God forbid movies are standalone anymore.

I think that Inception is literally the only mega-hit of recent times with no sequel produced, planned or announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom