• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 coming June 3rd 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

Oh well, at least it's nice to see how a new generation takes to the same stuff I liked as a kid, albeit a little different but still.

HEROES IN A HALF-SHELL!!!?!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh no, my childhood!!!
iKLfnQoELpdpn.png

kswiston

The original turtles movies were pretty terrible as well if you weren't 4-12 years old when you fell in love with the franchise. These films are a hit with their primary audience.

jett

D-Member
The original turtles movies were pretty terrible as well if you weren't 4-12 years old when you fell in love with the franchise. These films are a hit with their primary audience.

It's true.

But a quality TMNT product for all ages can exist, as the Nick show proves.

alterno69

Banned
It's true.

But a quality TMNT product for all ages can exist, as the Nick show proves.
And this movie.
Have you seen the movie? Cause i did yesterday, took my kids expecting a turd and was pleasently surprised. My main gripe was the turtles and Splinter designs, specially splinter, what a mounstrosity. The story was typical stuff too, but it was fun and the action was good too. Shredder was fucking amazing.

I'd give it a 7.

jett

D-Member
And this movie.
Have you seen the movie? Cause i did yesterday, took my kids expecting a turd and was pleasently surprised. My main gripe was the turtles and Splinter designs, specially splinter, what a mounstrosity. The story was typical stuff too, but it was fun and the action was good too. Shredder was fucking amazing.

I'd give it a 7.

I've seen this movie, I went in with an open mind and was actually looking forward to it. Maybe that's the problem, my expectations weren't low enough. :p

It was kinda bad. I wanted to see TMNT, not the April O'Neil Show, those first 20 minutes were really insufferable. The story in general is a total mess. Like you said the action was good and mostly everything about the turtles I liked. It's really the plot and the prominence of April that annoys me. Megan Fox's permanent doe-eyed face reaction to everything doesn't really help. Thinking back on it, just because of how they handled the Turtles, it was probably better than any of the Bayformers. They were treated with a modicum of respect. They're characters. I can't say that for metal garbage things in Transdongers. The action is shot well, too, no quick cutting or excessive shaky cam, there are several relatively long shots. Also, no offensive to the senses Baytacular brand of humor. It's really not the Bayturtles. I can say that about this movie, at least.

And the 3D was good when the CGI action was on, elsewhere it was as flat as any post-converted movie.

The last one was big, stupid, bloated, nonsense. So naturally I'm okay with this, less of the not so fantastic Ms. Fox and Amy Poehler's exhusband and I'll be fine.

glaurung

The first movie is completely stupid.

I don't expect a sequel to be any better.

Maybe if they had Kang as a villain and did him right, not like the fucked up Shredder.

jett

D-Member
David Green is directing this thing.

Why can't they hire someone that at least appears to have talent?

Only way they bamboozle me out of my money again is if they announce that Megan Fox isn't coming back.

there's been like maybe half of a good TMNT movie if you put all of the scenes from the movies together?

you guys are like the sonic cyclers of movie fans.

Says the guy sitting on a video game forum. I'm sure all of your posts about video games here have been complimentary and you've never complained once.

Not all video games are aimed at kids.
What point are you trying to make?
I don't get why some people are complaining about this. Its a sequel to a kids movie. Its ok if you don't like it. Its not targeted to you.

Sanjuro

『Inaba Resident』;157695826 said:
I don't get why some people are complaining about this. Its a sequel to a kids movie. Its ok if you don't like it. Its not targeted to you.

I don't get why you are complaining about this. There is an entire comic book movie rankings thread where you can go in and talk about kids movies if you like.

『Inaba Resident』;157695826 said:
Not all Ninja Turtles stuff has been aimed at kids. It's not weird for adults to be mad that something they like is getting a bad update. It is targeted at us because we are Ninja Turtles fans.

Also, just because something is a kids movie doesn't mean it has to be shit. That's a pretty weak excuse for a poor product. There have been plenty of TMNT products and shows that were aimed at kids but were both high quality and enjoyable for adults as well.

Not all Ninja Turtles stuff has been aimed at kids. It's not weird for adults to be mad that something they like is getting a bad update. It is targeted at us because we are Ninja Turtles fans.

Also, just because something is a kids movie doesn't mean it has to be shit. That's a pretty weak excuse for a poor product.

I'm aware that it isn't all aimed for kids but this is. I just don't see the point about getting upset about something that's not meant for you.
It doesn't shield it from criticism but going in with the right mindset helps.
All I'm saying.

Odoul

I was completely expecting to hate this.

I didn't. It wasn't great, but it wasn't quite as wretched as the previews made it look.

Earth to Echo was already a better movie with more heart than the first, so we're good to go.

Echo even nailed the group dynamics of the Turtles pretty well. There was a Leo a Mikey and a Raphael. Even a girl got threw into the mix so maybe Venus shows up?

『Inaba Resident』;157696876 said:
I'm aware that it isn't all aimed for kids but this is. I just don't see the point about getting upset about something that's not meant for you.
It doesn't shield it from criticism but going in with the right mindset helps.
All I'm saying.
Again, there have been plenty of things that are aimed at kids that are enjoyable for people of any age. In fact, most of the Turtles popularity comes from things that were aimed at children, but many adults still enjoy. "It's aimed at children." is a lazy excuse for a poor product.

Maximo

Hoping they improve it. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, but I sure as hell could have watched something better.

Chille

*sigh*

Oh well, at least it's nice to see how a new generation takes to the same stuff I liked as a kid, albeit a little different but still.

HEROES IN A HALF-SHELL!!!?!

Teenage mutant hero turtles, hero's in a half shell turtle power

When will that get a reboot is the main issue! *I know it's the same show

Cheebo

Banned
It's crazy how well the first one did. Barely marketed, terrible reviews, and thrown out to basically die one week after GOTG. Yet it made nearly 500 million dollars.

Can you imagine how huge it would have been if it was actually good?

Neoxon

After the first movie, I have zero expectations for this one. Maybe it'll be better, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Why not at least a NY team? I imagine them reaching out to every sports team in NY and being continuously turned down because the first one was so bad.

SO BAD.

The RiffTrax of the original came out recently. It was pretty funny. Definitely the only way to stomach the film if you're watching by yourself.

Plasma

Banned
I was surprised that I liked the first film, it was dumb fun with some cool action scenes. I'll watch the second one when it comes out on blu ray.

Fury451

Banned
Eh...pass. The first had some bright spots with the characterization and action, but it was a surprisingly boring watch.

Still, I like how the Turtles constantly go through resurrections and sustained popularity while still maitaing that "80s" concept origin vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom