• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 coming June 3rd 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodzilla

As a huge childhood fan of the Turtles who caught the recent reboot on an airplane flight, I thought that first movie was okay-ish despite wanting to hate it. In fact, I was kind of pulling for it when they had that great mountain side battle, but then I realized that all hope was lost for it as a way of introducing the Turtles to kids nowadays when Vern straight up fucking leers at April O' Neil's ass.

Yes, I get that Megan Fox still has a great ass and that, if this were any other movie, I would probably be more than okay with it, but that fact that TMNT (and Transformers by extension, although that wasn't a part of my personal childhood) are now adorned with pervy shit really made me hate this film and what they've done to the franchise.

Rumour has it.....

]

Ah dude, did you really have to spoil that?

As a huge childhood fan of the Turtles who caught the recent reboot on an airplane flight, I thought that first movie was okay-ish despite wanting to hate it. In fact, I was kind of pulling for it when they had that great mountain side battle, but then I realized that all hope was lost for it as a way of introducing the Turtles to kids nowadays when Vern straight up fucking leers at April O' Neil's ass.

Yes, I get that Megan Fox still has a great ass and that, if this were any other movie, I would probably be more than okay with it, but that fact that TMNT (and Transformers by extension, although that wasn't a part of my personal childhood) are now adorned with pervy shit really made me hate this film and what they've done to the franchise.

That little joke was too risqué for you? I kept hearing about how out of line Vern was and was hoping for something worse. Either way Vern probably isn't somebody kids look up to.

Slurmer

Banned

Remember the OG turtles movie? Gay jokes, cursing, and casey jones straight up murdering shredder. That was my introduction to TMNT at 5 years old lol.

I am outraged, but I also found some sort of balance.

Let the ignorant masses slobber over the shitty pandering film so that the money will go to finance the superior comic book. Surely it works like that right?

I still think mutants are terrible all around but I prefer how IDW handles it over Nick (which really smells of toyetic shilling).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I went into this first movie with an open mind and was willing to turn my brain off a bit... in the end I turned the movie off, probably about 3/4 of the way through or something.

It was bad. Just this weird thing that never really clicked on any level.

Idk. Pretty disappointed. So this news is just whatever.

RPGCrazied

Eh. The first one was alright. Still not feeling the turtle designs, and wish they could have got a different actress to play April.

ckohler

x6VjqFw.gif

I liked the first one

G-Fex

Wow..uh Megan Fox looks pretty good in a schoolgirl outfit.

So Casey Jones is just bum Ollie with a hockey stick?

And we're getting nerdy bow tie baxter!

SCChappy

Banned
They couldn't even be bothered to have Amell have his long hair look from Arrow. Also Megan Fox looks so good like that. Since when is Tyler Perry in this movie? I missed that.

Yeah I'll see this.

All the additions I'm hearing make it sound like a massive improvement from the first movie. I also just have to see Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman, that alone sounds amazing.

Well, I know where I'll be on June 3rd, 2016 – anywhere but the movie theater.

The first one was the worst stinking turd of a movie I've seen since Red Planet.

IDW Turtle series isn't even just the best version of TMNT currently, it is the best version of TMNT period.

I agree with this. It's amazing. One of my favorite comics right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom