• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polytron Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hato-kun

Weird page over at the official website right now. Won't link because there are personal details involved. What does it all mean...?

Tweet tho

2EeTsKj.png

EDIT:

g7fKnQr.png

this is video games

double edit tldr: Polytron Corp website hacked, a ton of Phil's personally details leaked online. Hacked by whoever the hell. All so Phil won't destroy the gaming industry with his "feminist SJW tendencies."

B33

Banned
If that isn't sanctioned by Phil Fish, can you image the rage he'll be emanating when he finds out? I don't want to be on the Internet if that happens.

hamchan

Welp. 4chan being awful.

I like Phil Fish too. Hope he changes all his details quickly.

What sorta people get angry over game devs NOT being sexist, racist people wat

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How on earth do you obtain that much information?

I don't know how anyone can be that much of a vindictive asshole to compromise someone that much...

So sad :(

fader

Yo wtf!? IO just went to the site. Someone leaked out for download Phil Fish's and Polytron's information!?!? WTF is wrong with people?

blamite

Incredibly shitty. I really hope nothing too terrible happens to Phil (or anyone else at Polytron) because of this.

Dug

Banned
Hello everyone, I am the head mod over at /V/ and leader of 4chan.org and Anonymous.

We are /V/
We do not forgive
At all

The way this is worded makes me wonder if this was from /v/ at all. Wouldn't be surprised if it was though.

Even /v/ mods were censoring the Quinn threads earlier, when doxxing was involved. Hope nobody is seriously affected by this, but it's no wonder they targeted Fish.

"/V/" haha, the hackers are totally trolling /v/.

Yeah this is right out of the "blame ebaumsworld" playbook.

What kind of information was posted on the site?

Think of every-single important piece of information you don't want people to know.

Now imagine all of that on a webpage for everyone to see.

Bank numbers, phone numbers, passwords, everything.

Damn this is depressing

The Internet is a scary place... Remember to find ways to always keep your personal info safe

That's why I keep all my passwords and information taped to the crevice of my desk!

Damn, this shit is cold. Hope I never piss anyone off enough to warrant something like this. Too far, IMO.

By the looks of many of those passwords, they're using password managers (LastPass, 1Password, KeePass etc), but even then it's not enough. You really need a separate, standalone email address for the explicit purpose of password resets, and that password needs to be strong and not recorded anywhere.

I don't know if that's how the hack was done (e.g. by gaining access to one email address and then resetting passwords until access to everything they wanted was gained), but probably a good push for me to step up my personal paranoia and security even further.

Breakdown Robot

Neo Member
Absolutely disgusting behavior. I just can't even fathom why someone would pull something like this over a matter that is none of their damn business in the first place.

Let this be a warning to all SJW game devs out there, we are coming for you.
The hack of Zoe Quinn has already taken place as of a few days ago and I have targeted more SJW indie devs today.

We will not let you destroy our gaming industry with your feminist SJW tendencies.
Some people must really hate equality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom