• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polytron Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the second time I've read this analogy in this thread. What do Phil Fish and the WBC have in common? Why are you comparing both situations, when they are nothing alike?

You know what, don't answer. There's no way you could make a proper link between both.

They're both publicly unpleasant and quarrelsome. Replace WBC with Ann Coulter or someone if it lets you understand better.

Nome

This is the second time I've read this analogy in this thread. What do Phil Fish and the WBC have in common? Why are you comparing both situations, when they are nothing alike?

You know what, don't answer. There's no way you could make a proper link between both.
This response completely misses the point of an analogy. An analogy creates link through comparison between relationships, not between the constituent subjects.

man:mammal::wrench:tool

"BUT MAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WRENCH YOUR POINT IS INVALID"

Odrion

Banned
im not saying it isn't like you're saying entirely. i'm just saying i wouldn't take the hackers word as gospel. timing is perfect to harm the company and individual, causing him to break down emotionally.
so instead of hacking him during his million other outbursts they had to wait until the prophecy said that it must be when he protects Zoe Quinn, so they could pretend they're doing it because he's a SJW?

lol

The WBC has an actual real life emotional impact on people, especially the mourners at the funerals they choose to harass. Phil Fish is kind of irritating on twitter, I guess. I can see why you'd put them on the same level!

Derphoof

Except that that has happen a shit load, lol. Plenty have people have tried to claim that it is racist to make a protaganisst white and sexist for it to be male. Chastising developers for not including different races for characters ia effectively the same as asking for less representation.

I know different types of people would love to be represented in video games, but I've never heard that.

Dr.Acula

Banned
so instead of hacking him during his million other outbursts they had to wait until the prophecy said that it must be when he protects Zoe Quinn, so they could pretend they're doing it because he's a SJW?

lol

They have to wait until his security had been breached. It was probably some troll trying to hack a bunch of people and when they got all their targets, they released all this shit at once for max impact. I think the "5 Guys" thing was so dumb the hacker put it up just as a joke. The timing was likely coincidental.

Orayn

Except that that has happen a shit load, lol. Plenty have people have tried to claim that it is racist to make a protaganisst white and sexist for it to be male. Chastising developers for not including different races for characters ia effectively the same as asking for less representation.

Show me these people, because it sounds like you're just misrepresenting the titles of articles talking about gender and race in games.

Like what? What privileges do you feel feminists are unjustly asking for?

Like the sacro-saint, but ultimately stupid principle called parity? Like the skewed judiciary system in favor of women (I know so many divorce cases it hurts...and let us not speak about alimony)? Like having some mad representatives of this nice movement question the validity of scientific discoveries and concepts because they are "male generated"? ....

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
With no news, we've reached the point of going round in circles about false flags and feminisms and insulting each other. If there's something new to report, make a new thread. Until then, let's let the subject rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom