• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polytron Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth do you obtain that much information?

I don't know how anyone can be that much of a vindictive asshole to compromise someone that much...

So sad :(

Quite scary. Shame Anonymous are wasting their time persecuting game developers when they could be exposing IS supporters or something.

mFpPqRB.png

Oh wow...these hackers are vicious.

Qassim

This is really fucked up. /v/ or reddit or whoever, you should not be messing with people for opinions on the internet, no matter how they're worded :/

It's neither of those. Neither 4chan or reddit sponsored this. I don't know why you'd choose to blame these websites.

JABEE

This is fucking life ruining stuff for a lot of Indie Devs. Giving out someone's address and doing this shit is criminal. This is not the video game community that I exist. Those other websites take shit too far. I thought they went too far before, but this is awful. It's cyberterrorism.

cover up of guys burger and fries and sjw?

what does that even mean?

this is just lame

SJW are social Justice Warriors. It's what they call people like the radical groups that form via tumblr, many of who have quite extreme views. I don't know about the burgers thing

wowzors

Unbelievable how harsh the internet can be, surprised at all these Phil is a good dude posts cause he comes off as a bit rough to me. Regardless no one deserves this sort of thrashing.

lol nice try, Reddit.

The way this is worded makes me wonder if this was from /v/ at all. Wouldn't be surprised if it was though.

"/V/" haha, the hackers are totally trolling /v/.

Even /v/ mods were censoring the Quinn threads earlier, when doxxing was involved. Hope nobody is seriously affected by this, but it's no wonder they targeted Fish.

Yeah this is right out of the "blame ebaumsworld" playbook.

Also yeah, whats with that weird /v/ thing, its weird. Gonna guess it *wasnt* them?
>/V/

alright. You got me.

I'm like 95% sure that it was them precisely because of that.

Last time that indie devs got doxxed over this crap, they continually insisted that it wasn't them because there was something signed "/V/" with the capital V and that they were being framed.

This reads exactly like they deliberately included that "flaw" so that they could play innocent again.

Riposte

Unbelievable how harsh the internet can be, surprised at all these Phil is a good dude posts cause he comes off as a bit rough to me. Regardless no one deserves this sort of thrashing.

Not to take away what's happened here, I looked up Jen's twitter since it seems to be related and found this exchange:

http://nextjen.tumblr.com/post/95428574024/geekcavepodcast-phil-fish-reacting-to-darrins

Uh...

EDIT: Actually not his real account. I'm embarrassed to have fallen for that! Then again so did she lol. If you look at the actual retweets on twitter, it's more obvious.

Last time that indie devs got doxxed over this crap, they continually insisted that it wasn't them because there was something signed "/V/" with the capital V and that they were being framed.

This reads exactly like they deliberately included that "flaw" so that they could play innocent again.

Maybe. But then, who is "them" exactly? /v/ is just a message board on 4chan. I think it's fair to say the moderators are not behind this.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Let this be a warning to all SJW game devs out there, we are coming for you.
The hack of Zoe Quinn has already taken place as of a few days ago and I have targeted more SJW indie devs today.

We will not let you destroy our gaming industry with your feminist SJW tendencies.
The videogame community can be seriously fucked up sometimes...

I never really understood the Phil Fish hate to begin with, but this is absolutely atrocious...

Sessler has been tweeting about this for a few hours now. I assumed there would be a thread other than this one, but I didn't see one within the first few pages.

Yea, it's kinda what kids do.

"It can't be me, you know how bad I am at lying!"

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I don't know about the burgers thing

The burgers thing is because she supposedly slept with five guys (don't ban pls I'm just giving the reason for the term)

Five guys also happens to be a burger joint.

It was coined on either /v/ or /pol/

It's neither of those. 4chan nor reddit sponsored this. I don't know why you'd choose to blame these websites.

I'm just basing it on what people are saying in here. This is a thing I'm kind of ignorant on, so I apologize if I called out the wrong people/person.

Acid08

Banned
Crazy how these hackers are so fucking mad at people who want equality. As if caring about social injustices is just the worst thing ever.

Mechazawa

Seriously. Can someone explain?

cover up of guys burger and fries and sjw?

what does that even mean?

this is just a lame unnecessary punishment.

SJW are social Justice Warriors. It's what they call people like the radical groups that form via tumblr, many of who have quite extreme views. I don't know about the burgers thing

It's the shitty joke the supposed vindictive ex made up over the amount of people he claims Zoe was promiscuous with.

Of course, the internet decided to get as much mileage out of it as possible.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"/V/" haha, the hackers are totally trolling /v/.

Pretty much. If it was anyone on /v/, they'd actually use the "proper" non-capitalized "v."

Title Fight said:
Seems like they are blaming 4chan and Reddit... this means.. its one of us...

...and your jump to this conclusion reasoning is...?

BearPawB

Banned
Not to take away what's happened here, I looked up Jen's twitter since it seems to be related and found this exchange:

http://nextjen.tumblr.com/post/95428574024/geekcavepodcast-phil-fish-reacting-to-darrins

Uh...

Maybe. But then, who is "them" exactly? /v/ is just a message board on 4chan. I think it's fair to say the moderators are not behind this.

is that the real phil phish twitter account? he has a lot of imposters

yeah phil phish the real one has an underscore in his name. that isn't really him she is talking to

The burgers thing is because she supposedly slept with five guys (don't ban pls I'm just giving the reason for the term)

Five guys also happens to be a burger joint.

It was coined on either /v/ or /pol/

Ah, so related to that whole quinn thing. Whoever else was defending her should probably make sure their accounts are safe. How sad

JABEE

The videogame community can be seriously fucked up sometimes...

I never really understood the Phil Fish hate to begin with, but this is absolutely atrocious...

This isn't just the video game bullies. These assholes think they're fucking Judge Dredd of the internet. Screw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom