• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Time - HTC Nexus Tablet Gets Wi-Fi Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Droid Life

Thanks to a Wi-Fi Alliance certificate that went unnoticed on August 15, we have another sighting to add to the list.

The Wi-Fi certificate clearly shows that a device made by “HTC Corporation,” that is a tablet, runs “aosp” Android L, and carries firmware that references “flounder” is the real deal.

There aren’t many other details in this listing, other than a mention of the model numbers 0P8210000, 0P8220000, and 0P8230000. The first number isn’t new, but again, matches up to previous leaks.

FbIk2LJ.gif

Volotaire

i wonder if this will be an affordable one or a premium device

It could be both. Google will probably subsidise this Nexus tablet like the rest of the Nexus line, but no doubt HTC will be adding a premium build to the tablet (hopefully). I'd say a 250-300 dollar price-point in between the Nexus 7 and 10, but trying to be competitive with the iPad Air and Mini.

Vanillalite

It won't be as cheap as the Nexus 7, but it's a bigger device. That being said I expect it to be price competitive since Google is behind the wheel. Just don't expect $200 out of the gate.

sirap

Give me that sweet ass Boomsound and i'll be there day one. So ready to drop my Ipad Air and fully transition to Android. IOS can suck it.

sirap

I completely forgot about the potential dual speakers.

The Nvidia Shield Tablet has surround speakers on the front. They're decent sounding speakers, not as good IMO as the One M8's but they're miles better than that crap on the Ipad.

Vanillalite

The Nvidia Shield Tablet has surround speakers on the front. They're decent sounding speakers, not as good IMO as the One M8's but they're miles better than that crap on the Ipad.

MKBHD says that exact thing in his latest video which is a shield tablet review.

He is like the speakers aren't great, but being front facing makes them better than most out thee purely because the sound is coming towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom