• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

madmackem

Was signed in an hour or so ago, went to sign back in and nothing throwing up errors all over, also app on phone won't connect?.

Lehow

PlayStation Planned Maintenance - 8/25/2014

In order to continue to deliver you the best online games experience, we will be performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Store on:

Monday, August 25, 2014

The maintenance will be approximately:

Start :9:40 am PT (10:40am MT / 11:40am CT / 12:40am ET)
End: 4:50pm PT (5:50pm MT / 6:50pm CT / 7:50pm ET)

https://support.us.playstation.com/...2LzEvdGltZS8xNDA4ODcyODQwL3NpZC9zTjd6T0QqbA==

So the maintenance should be tomorrow

madmackem

They announced maintenance, but I don't know exact timings.

Man they need to make those things more visible, I regard myself a hardcore playstaion user and I didn't know about this. I reset my settings etc router the lot hope I didn't break something else now haha.

Ath

Yup down for me too. When I tweeted about it, I got a flurry of replies saying that some group called Lizard Squad were DDoSing PSN.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Theres a group going around DDOSing places like psn, LoL, Path 9f exile, and blizzard all night

MMaRsu

Banned
Guys I cant boot up my copy of Steamworld Dig on PS4. I start the game and it shows the first two splash screens then hangs on a white screen. The fuck?????

weevles

Sigh. I kind of suspected DDoS. Wish these people had better things to do than screw with my leisure time. :(

Sigh. I kind of suspected DDoS. Wish these people had better things to do than screw with my leisure time. :(

I wish these morons had something better to do with their time. What point are they trying to prove exactly, other than wanting to be centre of attention like petulant kids?

sono

Gold Member
Down for me when I looked a few mins ago.

Its a bank holiday in the UK .. just when I get time to play..

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Going off google translate so take it with a huge grain of salt, looks like they were doing maintenance in Japan and then PSN died in the middle of it.

Maintenance notice:

メンテナンス
"PSN"メンテナンスのご案内
更新日:2014年08月22日

このたび、下記の日程にて"PSN"のシステムメンテナンスを実施させていただきます。

【期間】
2014年08月24日(日) 07:00 ~ 19:00 (予定)
【影響について】
メンテナンス中は、アカウントの作成や編集、商品のご購入やチャージ(入金)、
パスワードの再設定などの各種お取引きに伴うメールの送信が遅れる可能性がございます。

ご利用のお客様には、ご迷惑をお掛けいたしますが、ご理解のほどよろしくお願い申し上げます。

PSN is down, sorry. No ETA on when it will be restored notice:
障 害
"PSN"障害発生のご案内
更新日:2014年08月24日

ただいま、"PSN"("PlayStation Store"を含む)をご利用いただけない場合がございます。
調査及び復旧作業を行っておりますので、いましばらくお待ちいただきますよう
宜しくお願い申し上げます。

【期間】
2014年08月24日(日) 18:00 頃 ~
【影響について】
"PSN"("PlayStation Store"を含む)をご利用いただけない場合がございます。

ご利用のお客様には、大変ご迷惑をおかけしておりますことをお詫び申しあげます

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/state2.html

R_Deckard

Yep down in uk, funny as xbox live had issues yesterday on my x1 with social and gaming.

Maintenance is tomorrow so this is unplanned for sure.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like I can't even log into my PS4. When I select my profile to log in it just sits there doing nothing. If I hold down the PS button I can turn off or go into standby but it doesn't even seem to time out and let me in not connected to PSN which is very strange. In Australia for reference.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lizard squad have been dosing many places the last week from gw2 to eve to brazzers lol

Top Bottom