• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You what's fun?
My PS4 crapped itself, I couldn't get past the user selection screen, so I had to reinitialize it. Now it's working fine, but my saves and account are unreachable.
Guess I'll watch a movie.
These brats should do shit like this on working days.

I got off lucky it seems, I was unaware of the issue and while attempting to switch D3 into friends mode had a freeze and the OS wouldn't load.

Safe mode and resetting settings fixed it.

njd_online

Banned
For those of you stuck on games loading screens try to disconnect the playstation from the net entirely. The game's trying to connect to the server, but get's stuck on waiting.

Just did this too. PS4 running fine now.....apart from it not being online and NOT pre loading First Light.

Whats the point in f**king with PSN severs? Douchbags.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Huh, I thought it was my PS4 since I can't even launch FFXIV. Good to know it's not just me.

Exact same thing happened to me. Thought it was my modem. Loaded up my ipad and laptop and noticed the internet was fine. Loaded up connection test on PS4 and internet connection worked fine but sign in to PSN failed.

Argh! Motherfuckers need to get a life instead of ruining my sunday after I spent the whole day helping a friend move and cleaning my bathroom.

SZips

Just did this too. PS4 running fine now.....apart from it not being online and NOT pre loading First Light.

Whats the point in f**king with PSN severs? Douchbags.
The point for them is things like this thread and the outrage. They love the attention.

Also the pre-load probably won't be up until after the actual planned maintenance later today.

Cappa

Banned
Lizard Squad @LizardSquad · 21m
Sony, yet another large company, but they aren't spending the waves of cash they obtain on their customers' PSN service. End the greed.

Something tells me that the PSN will have maintenance on the 9th September as well...hope my feeling is wrong though, so tomorrows maintenance will be canceled then?

Almyn

I'm stuck on the user login screen on the ps4. It just sits there no matter what profile I select. Anyone know if there is a way to access the internet settings without logging in? It would be nice to at least be able to disable the WiFi connection so I could access the account and maybe play something.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Lizard Squad @LizardSquad · 21m
Sony, yet another large company, but they aren't spending the waves of cash they obtain on their customers' PSN service. End the greed.

Oh, so they're doing this for the customers. Shutting down the access they paid for. It's for the customers. Right. Right.

IvorB

There are technologies in place to safeguard against DDOS attacks. It's pretty poor to be falling for them at this point, especially for a service like PSN.

Dhuie

Neo Member
You what's fun?
My PS4 crapped itself, I couldn't get past the user selection screen, so I had to reinitialize it. Now it's working fine, but my saves and account are unreachable.
Guess I'll watch a movie.
These brats should do shit like this on working days.

Same as me (i posted above) So i feel your pain.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Scared me earlier, fifa wouldn't load. Eventually tried turning internet of in the settings and then it was ok (offline only though). Odd that it didn't say anything about not connecting, just looked like the game had crashed

Noob Fu

My PS4 would not even load, blue screen with the wavy thing constant. I thought it was my PS4. I did the reinstate and now I can't sign in to my login. When the servers are back up and I get in. Are my saves atleast still there? I am all digital, redownloading the games I had will be a pain but manageable as long as the saves are still intact. (mainly D3)

There are technologies in place to safeguard against DDOS attacks. It's pretty poor to be falling for them at this point, especially for a service like PSN.

Depends on the type of DDoS and how your gear is configurated. You should have some countermeasures prepared though.

Can happen, but I have the feeling this isn't the first time. Would be nice if Sony would put some of that PS+ money in training their workforce and get the server park to support the growth in usage.

23qwerty

Yeah those safeguards doing super well for companies like Riot through the past few months yeah?

I realize they need to have safeguards in place when it comes to logging in, but it's ridiculous that I can't play any games on my PS4 right now because their service is down. It's a risk I was aware of, but there has to be a method to allow people to access their games, even if just for offline play.

edit: I am not at my primary system right now, which would be able to still play digital content. It's my secondary system that's basically dead due to this.

Top Bottom