• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

GYNGA

Wanted to play some KZM multiplayer for the first time in like three months and bam, the server is down

My account is UK by the way

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
These kids can't DDOS PSN. I mean, Sony was unprepared in 2011 but they've hired some good third-party agencies now. Probably some maintenance thing.

Edit: Might be DDOS, even sony.com is down lol.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
These kids can't DDOS PSN. I mean, Sony was unprepared in 2011 but they've hired some good third-party agencies now. Probably some maintenance thing.

Edit: Might be DDOS, even sony.com is down lol.

be suprised actually they dosed battle.net, they are also dosing streamers too like krip and the blizzard employee who was gonna do a dev stream

Neil_J_UK

Hmmm... it won't even let me play Transistor at all, just gets stuck on the Supergiant Games loading screen. I don't see how it could be related though?

Phear

Man cmon. I had to wait 2 additional days for Garden Warfare because delivery was screwed. And now i cant play because Servers are eff'd? Aaaahhhhhh ._.

IMBored

For those of you stuck on games loading screens try to disconnect the playstation from the net entirely. The game's trying to connect to the server, but get's stuck on waiting.

If you can't start a game on PS4, go into your network settings and untick "connect to the internet." I had that problem with Dynasty Warriors a while ago and I think that fixed it.

Also fuck these guys doing this, pathetic little children.

Ferrio

Banned
League of legends servers kept getting hit past two weeks... every night it goes down cause of those fuckers.

They also targeted NSA servers.

Is the whole purpose of a DDoS-attack to.....bring an onlineservice to it´s knees ...just because or are they trying to steal something ?

Edit: It don´t know which reason would reflect more poorly on the hackers.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they already said they are doing it for fun and want attention

ShadowLag

Relevant:

1368968534921.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Why cant they hunt these fucks down.

Because the computers that participate in the actual attack are usually computers with malware on them that the owner doesn't notice. The people who DDOS just send a mass command to all the bot machines to target a single server.

Is the whole purpose of a DDoS-attack to.....bring an onlineservice to it´s knees ...just because or are they trying to steal something ?
Yeah they want to kill the service. On smaller companies it would be possible to take them hostage and demand money to stop the attacks but in this case it's probably just to prove themselves.

Mik3F

Lizard squad more like DICK SQUAD

Fucking wankers !!!!!!

My lad stayed at home this weekend instead of going to Wales so he could play PvZ with me and now his fun is ruined.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, in the case, just an attack for the sake of it and not to steal sensible payment infos? Tell me that's the case, I'm a bit worried now :lol

Cappa

Banned
So, in the case, just an attack for the sake of it and not to steal sensible payment infos? Tell me that's the case, I'm a bit worried now :lol
I'd be worried about any sensitive information on the Internet regardless

Bliddo

You what's fun?
My PS4 crapped itself, I couldn't get past the user selection screen, so I had to reinitialize it. Now it's working fine, but my saves and account are unreachable.
Guess I'll watch a movie.
These brats should do shit like this on working days.

duckroll

Looks like all of PSN is down. They're trying to restore the service, no word on when it'll be back. It was serious enough for them to put up an update on it 90 minutes ago.

jiiikoo

Banned
Wanted to go to the PSN store on my computer to check the price for Diablo 3, guess I can't check it now. :D Oh well.

Ferrio

Banned

Yes a DDOS attack is just a bunch of computers trying to talk to the same server all at once. No hacking involved.

Dhuie

Neo Member
Got kicked offline while playing DeadNation lounge co-op with nephew, it went straight to a hard freeze and i couldn't turn it off at all.

Had to turn the power off at the wall socket only to re-start with a blue wave screen. After several failed attemps at re-starting i was told by support to try safe mode and Initialize PS4.

Haha now i have the XMB menu working again but with all my games gone. Can't wait to re download TLoU and all other digital games again.

mossypne

You what's fun?
My PS4 crapped itself, I couldn't get past the user selection screen, so I had to reinitialize it. Now it's working fine, but my saves and account are unreachable.
Guess I'll watch a movie.
These brats should do shit like this on working days.

I can't get past the user select either, when i select my account it just freezes there

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... what??? Why would they do that? Who are these people??

amatuers one already got caught few days ago by posting without his stuff hiding him on twitter lol

Top Bottom