• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'HALO NIGHTFALL' (live-action short series produced by Ridley Scott) Trailer

LNLtF3O.png

Check it out here!

This is looking surprisingly good. Also, I love that the classic Halo monk chant is making a return.

VinFTW

Looks incredible... Production value looks through the roof and I'm really liking this Locke character/actor.

Halo<3

Sh0tGuN

Neo Member
Ok. This is pure epicness.

Is super interesting for the contents...
Is that the Gravemind at the end speaking to Locke? What about the "Spartan" guy?

Sooo hyped! It looks great!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
streaming, right? not on disc?

Correct. Included with Master Chief Collection, streams on Halo Channel. But you own it and can watch it whenever. After they've all aired you can obviously watch in any order, etc.

Sh0tGuN

Neo Member
Correct. Included with Master Chief Collection, streams on Halo Channel. But you own it and can watch it whenever. After they've all aired you can obviously watch in any order, etc.

Am I the only one to want watch this at Cinema? :/
Something so good MUST be in Cinema not in streaming!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Neat.

Disc release coming down the road at all?

Eventually.

How long is each episode, and how many episodes are there?

Five. Variable length (as was Forward Unto Dawn - and actually one of the better aspects of non-commercial digital - the episode gets to be the right length instead of an arbitrary ad=mashed half hour) and they will add up to about the length of a feature film.

Wurdfurd

Will there be a download option as well? For those of us who want a higher fidelity video.

gdt

Man, I really gotta get an XB1. Need the Halo collection. My buddy won one and sold it for $300. Really sucks I missed out on that.

EBE

Will there be a download option as well? For those of us who want a higher fidelity video.

this is my follow up question as well. even if the option only becomes available once theyre all out.

production looks good. wouldnt want to waste it on my internet speed.

How does that work? Aren't they different from normal humans?

[Halo geek mode enabled] SPARTAN-IIs (like Master Chief) were abducted by ONI as kids, given a shit-ton of physical enhancements and brutal training which killed many of them, and then turned into supersoldiers.

There's also SPARTAN-IIIs (like most of Noble Team in Halo:Reach) which were recruited from orphans whose parents were killed at colonies attacked by the Covenant, given some more drugging/enhancements and brutal training, before (mostly) being sent off on near-suicide missions.

Either way, what happens to them once the massive war of survival against a genocidal alien force ends?

Looks really good. So I can watch this in full when the master chief collection drops on the 11th or will it be released as episodes like Foward Unto Dawn?

My concern is that there will be too much action. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any action, but this style of media should allow Halo to expand past shoot bang.

Same languages as game, same day.
Nice! Off topic but what about MCC, do you know if they will be multiple languages in the game disc?
Or do you know if at least English will be present for the non-English version of the game? If I remember Dan and Dennis confirmed that in Gamescom to me but with the recent space issue maybe this has changed.

Solidsoul

Banned
There will be no shortage of Halo for at least over a year. With Halo MCC, watching Nightfall, playing the Halo 5: Guardians Beta in December as well as Halo Spartan Strike, continuing to play Halo MCC while watching/reading trailers and news on Halo 5 all year long, as well as the Halo TV show that's supposed to air next year and then Halo 5: Guardians official release.

It's an great time to be a Halo fan, thanks 343.

Top Bottom