• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'HALO NIGHTFALL' (live-action short series produced by Ridley Scott) Trailer

The Flash

Banned
Hey Stinkles, If Phil ever greenlights a Gears Collection, could you send some of your 343 folks to Black Tusk to help them get things setup because the amount of quality content in the MCC is amazing. Just a thought.

Pollux

Wait, is this something different from the "Halo TV show" mentioned a couple posts above???

I thought THIS was the Halo TV show...

hawk2025

Wait, is this something different from the "Halo TV show" mentioned a couple posts above???

I thought THIS was the Halo TV show...

There are basically two TV shows coming.

This is a bit more like Halo 4's, while the next one is a big big TV show.

Five. Variable length (as was Forward Unto Dawn - and actually one of the better aspects of non-commercial digital - the episode gets to be the right length instead of an arbitrary ad=mashed half hour) and they will add up to about the length of a feature film.

Great info. Thanks. :)

reddish

Neo Member
Whoa. That was really impressive. Definitely keeping an eye on this, the production values, characters, and setting are on point -- but even intriguing sci-fi TV setups are often crushed by cheesy writing/dialog, so I'm cautious. The dialog in the games is typically pretty great though so who knows.

Doffen

I'm actually excited to watch this. Didn't really care about the initial announcement but everything they've shown so far looks good.

Looks awesome.

I just have to decided if I want to watch it as episodes as they release, or wait till the whole thing is out to watch at once. For FuD, I watched as they came out, then recently watched as a movie - enjoyed it in both instances, but liked it better as a movie.

So Locke is a black guy? Because I think that's great.

Nice trailer, good production values, looks very slick overall. I quite enjoyed the other one they did about Laskey (forget the name) and am definitely open to more Halo films.

Korten

Banned
Frankie, are they on the remains of Alpha Halo or is that a completely different one? If the latter, is it one of the Halos featured in the Forerunner Trilogy?

Pretty sure it's 04. Since as far as we know the other Halo rings are intact (to an extent, I believe one of them the atmosphere has actually been broken.)

RoKKeR

I also really like that they are not only introducing an important character for Halo 5 in this series, but that they are retaining Colter as the voice actor for Halo 5's Locke. I imagine there will be a lot of interesting tie-in's with this show and the next game.

feel

Damn, looks great!

First few seconds looked like FUD type webseries budget but then shit got real and expensive fast.

The Flash

Banned
He's great in the good wife. Anyways fancied a spinoff starring him.

The more I look at him the more I want him to play this guy

John_Stewart.jpg

Looking at you Zack Snyder

Hope this is as good as it looks. I loved Forward Unto Dawn (until MC showed up at which point it got a little lame but still mostly good).

Forward Unto Dawn was great, but this looks to be taking it to the next level.
I honestly might watch this before I even play MCC.

Looks great!
Gives context to what it will be about, and leaves a few burning questions that will make the wait to watch it all the more unbearable!

Top Bottom