• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

36 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay (offscreen)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Someone save it before they take it down!

Holy shit, dat music in the beginning.

Graphics are out of this damn world, holy fuck.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Looking good! But really, I can't believe how many missteps have been made with all the trailers and gameplay presentations for this game ... But I am really looking forward to this game.

ced

This guy playing sucks.

I hate to spoil 30 mins of a most likely 8 hr game, but this looks so good.

Get_crazy

Banned
I can't help but think that this game is "meh", I don't know why, but I don't find it attractive. It is pretty, can't deny that but that's all to me.

Afrodium

Banned
Well it certainly looks beautiful. However, it seems like reason all clips of the game we've seen consist of cutscene -> small amount of gameplay -> cutscene is because the entire game is like that.

I tried to watch very little so I don't spoil much but from what I've seen, it looks better than what most people have made this game sound like (except recent impressions have been fairly good). Only thing that worries me is the use of black bars. I thought they wouldn't bug me in The Evil Within. Hope it's not the same case here.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Something is off about this game. Yeah the graphics are great, but this seems like more of an cinematic experience than anything else. What really gets me is the cut scene for a damn melee attack. COME ON NOW! lol

its going to be a hell of a tall order to beat this game visually

and to the dismay of many the gameplay is looking solid as hell too

gruenel

Something is off about this game. Yeah the graphics are great, but this seems like more of an cinematic experience than anything else. What really gets me is the cut scene for a damn melee attack. COME ON NOW! lol

It's almost like they wanted to create a cinematic action game

Loakum

Banned

downloading now as I speak...

as for the haters that unjustly hated on this game for months and months....

SZyEd3ol.png

I was so turned off by this game on the keynote stream but everything else that's I've seen since then has looked solid. This game isn't going to blow my mind in the gameplay department, but if it's going to be solid Gears-esque shooting in this setting with those visuals, I'm down.

Grisby

Well it certainly looks beautiful. However, it seems like reason all clips of the game we've seen consist of cutscene -> small amount of gameplay -> cutscene is because the entire game is like that.
Yeah, I hope the rest of the game eases up on that.

Best looking game on the PS4 by far.

Now for the stuff I don't like:

The cutscenes are too abundant. There simply too much QTEs (i.e. GOW) in the first sequence.

I hate the controls. They seem very awkward. The camera is zoomed too close to the character and you can only go where there is a prompt to take you.

The game definitely seems like it's in a controlled environment -- which explains the incredible visuals.

Missing screen space reflections (only their shadow is reflected on the gold tanks).

Animation (in game) is pretty stiff.

No shadow casting dynamic lights.

Some pop-in of characters when they reach a certain distance.

Things I love:

SSS on the skin in-game! Awesome

Attention to detail is stunning.

I like the story so far from what I'm seeing

PBR materials rock! Velvet materials, gold materials, etc..

Incredible looking photoreal color palette.

Very nice hair shader on the in-gameplay models.

Preordered Premium Edition. I need that artbook.

Ledhead

Looks amazing. Kind of frustrated watching whoever this is play, but it's great to see the whole demo nonetheless. So hyped

Harmen

Love it, looks really good and the atmposphere seems spot on. Gameplay looks solid as well.

This is hardly anything new in action games. In a lot of games a finisher takes up some time after the push of a button. Here, they just make it more fancy by playing with the camera.

ced

Watching this guy try and use the power thing and lock pick is frustrating.

Ugh and then the sniper part what what an idot.

Azdoune

Someone save it before they take it down!

Holy shit, dat music in the beginning.

Graphics are out of this damn world, holy fuck.

Don't worry, it will not be take it down. Jeuxvideo.com would never publish a video on Youtube without Sony acceptance.

Top Bottom