• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today's dumbest thread: I bought a Wii U yesterday, kinda regreting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmbotiva

I got caught up in the hype, the low price at retailers, the buy one get one for certain % off, I haven't open any of the games, but then i played the bayonetta 2 demo and holy shit, that game looks and plays great, but is very dificult to use the menu of the console, everything is so slow ( i have a ps4 ) the games i got worh the system are m, DK:TP, zelda WW:HD, mario k8, SSB, super M3DW, have any of you wii u owners had that feeling of just returning the system? Did you regret keeping it?

Edit:Ok, maybe i need to elaborate things a bit more clear, a friend of mine got the console on BF with some of the games i got ad well, went to his house, played the games and had some fun, than better deals star to show up and i got this urge of buying the console, maybe it was nostalgia, i don't even know, i just that now that i have and think about what's to come for it next year that i like it's only zelda, but im in a place that my mind is 50/50, keep it, play the games to completion and than what? Have it there, just collecting dust? But it was such a good deal that is what's keeping me from returnjng it, i got the console and those 5 games for $387 and change at BB

You lost me at Wii U hype.

Next time, maybe don't buy on impulse, since you apparently spent a few hundred dollars on a system and games you're not sure you even wanted.

guit3457

You havent opened any of the games and you want to return it??

Because the menu is slow? But you played Bayonetta 2 demo and you like it....

I just don't even.....

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So lemme get this straight.

You impulse bought a console and five games, and now you think you want to return it a day later because the menu is slow?

Haunted

Never sell a console, you never know when something will come out for it that you'll want to play.

Just play the games you like on it. That's what the bloody things are for.

ironcreed

Banned
No regrets here. I have the other two, but no way could I be without the Wii U. I feel it's the most unique of the three, along with being the most like a good old friendly console at the same time.

I got caught up in the hype, the low price at retailers, the buy one get one for certain % off, I haven't open any of the games, but then i played the bayonetta 2 demo and holy shit, that game looks and plays great, but is very dificult to use the menu of the console, everything is so slow ( i have a ps4 ) the games i got worh the system are m, DK:TP, zelda WW:HD, mario k8, SSB, super M3DW, have any of you wii u owners had that feeling of just returning the system? Did you regret keeping it?

Already sold mine and games. It's not worth $250 at all imo. Outdated os, underpowered, and worst of all is the huge uncomfortable tablet controller.

I have had mine since August and absolutely love it.
Sounds to me like you jumped in without doing research and/or were expecting something that was never going to happen.

I have no issues with the menu's but they aren't as fast/smooth as ps4.

You just got a Wii U at a discount with that lineup of games (which you haven't even opened) and you're wanting to return it because the OS isn't as fast as the PS4?

Doctor Ninja

Sphincter Speaker
I am not feeling the "Wii U is the best console of 2014" vibe either.

Bayonetta 2 is a great game but it was more of the same, and not a fan of Mario Kart and Smash Bros anymore.

Tropical Freeze IS awesome though.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Get ZombiU for cheap, play it in the dark.

that or wait for the new zelda.

Mario 3D World is really good too. Haven't played any new wiiU games in over a year so can't really comment on the new titles everyone raves about.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
it's OK. we won't judge you. The important thing is you're still posting on a forum about video games instead of playing or even liking them.

I don't see how the menu could be slow....no slower than my PS3 or any other system I have messed with. Mind you I haven't messed with the PS4 or XB1 but I couldn't see how this could be a issue personally. Especially with the quick boot feature.

ecosse_011172

Update the console and play the fucking brilliant games that you have.
If you still don't like it, sell it.
The quick start feature is amazing for me, it's far faster to play a game on it than anything else.

With all those games you've bought, you want to return it today? You couldn't have possibly experienced any of those in any real detail. The Wii U has the best games at the moment, so either put the time in and play them or yeah, return it.

kcxiv

I remember i hated NBA 2K9 (i think thats the one) where Kevin Garnett was on the cover, so i took the game back!. haha

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
The quick start menu on the gamepad is a godsend. You can quickly log in and start the game loading before you even turn on the TV.

But yeah the Wii U's operating system is a slow piece of shit. You should've seen how horrible it was at launch.

Schnozberry

I am not feeling the "Wii U is the best console of 2014" vibe either.

Bayonetta 2 is a great game but it was more of the same, and not a fan of Mario Kart and Smash Bros anymore.

Tropical Freeze IS awesome though.

More of the same could encapsulate most of the video game hobby for the last 10 years. Lots of great stuff if you look for it, but more of the same certainly gets the most attention.

GulAtiCa

Seriously now... Go play those games you bought. You buy systems to play games. Which you have yet to do yet.

Then decide if you regret it!

Vylash

ignoring the fact that the menu isn't even that slow, maybe you should actually play the games before complaining?

Diebuster

You played one demo (which you thought was great), have a bunch of games you haven't even opened, and you want to return the system already?

Uh...what?

Moofers

Dude, play the games. Seriously. And pick up a cheap copy of Zombi U somewhere. I had written off Nintendo completely during the Wii generation and thought I was done with them forever. A friend got me interested in Zombi U and that was the spark that ignited the flame. I now play my Wii U slightly more than my PS4 because the games are so great and it offers these bright "classic" kinds of experiences I don't get on my PS4. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4, but all my games are sort of gritty and real and I like having my Wii U for stuff like Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Smash, etc.

Just open the games and play it man. You'll be so glad you did.

I haven't open any of the games, but then i played the bayonetta 2 demo and holy shit, that game looks and plays great

I don't think you understand what you're supposed to do with a game console.

but is very dificult to use the menu of the console, everything is so slow ( i have a ps4 )

Configure the system once, and then set up the quick-start menu. Then you can skip the menu entirely each time you turn on the system and boot straight to the games. It will probably be almost ready to play by the time you turn on your TV.

Buggy Loop

Is the console updated? There's a huge difference between stock console and with recent firmwares.

But yeah... Im not following you here, you have amazing games, but menu speed is whats stopping you? Will you be switching in menus every 5 minutes or so or actually play games? Because you know, the wiiU has them.

n0razi

I Bought it purely as a party system to play Mk and smash when I have friends over and feel it was well worth it for that. My ps4 and PC get most of my playtime if its just me

Yeah don't even touch the Wii U interface if you can avoid it. Just get those games asap and run as fast as you can because dear lord is it horrible.

Still, console is worth it for Platinum Games alone.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I bought a Wind Waker Wii U bundle when they dropped, and returned it without opening it the next day. Then later bought a MK8 WIi U bundle and have been loving it. You have a great collection of games there. Just play them.

Eiolon

LOL - you bought like 5 games for the system, decided to play a demo instead and you already have regrets without actually playing the other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom