• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today's dumbest thread: I bought a Wii U yesterday, kinda regreting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmbotiva

Ok, maybe i need to elaborate things a bit more clear, a friend of mine got the console on BF with some of the games i got ad well, went to his house, played the games and had some fun, than better deals star to show up and i got this urge of buying the console, maybe it was nostalgia, i don't even know, i just that now that i have and think about what's to come for it next year that i like it's only zelda, but im in a place that my mind is 50/50, keep it, play the games to completion and than what? Have it there, just collecting dust? But it was such a good deal that is what's keeping me from returnjng it, i got the console and those 5 games for $387 and change at BB

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I got caught up in the hype, the low price at retailers, the buy one get one for certain % off, I haven't open any of the games, but then i played the bayonetta 2 demo and holy shit, that game looks and plays great, but is very dificult to use the menu of the console, everything is so slow ( i have a ps4 ) the games i got worh the system are m, DK:TP, zelda WW:HD, mario k8, SSB, super M3DW, have any of you wii u owners had that feeling of just returning the system? Did you regret keeping it?

It's currently my favourite console. So, no.

Micken

Banned
"I haven't opened any of the games"

Are you serious? There's not much more to be said than what has been, but still... How can you regret getting a console without playing any games for it? Plus, the OS isn't even slow... I just...

This is a sad reality : some gamers are more concerned about the functionnalities of the system instead of the games...

Seriously PLAY THOSE GAMES

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ok, maybe i didn't elaborate things a bit more clear, a friend of mine got the console on BF with some of the games i got ad well, went to his house, played the games and had some fun, than better deals star to show up and i got this urge of buying the console, maybe it was nostalgia, i don't even know, i just that now that i have and think about what's to come for it next year that i like it's only zelda, but im in a place that my mind is 50/50, keep it, play the games to completion and than what? Have it there, just collecting dust? But it was such a good deal that is what's keeping me from returnjng it, i got the console and those 5 games for $387 and change at BB

And then what, what?

It's a video games console. You buy it to play games on it.

Do you want the Wii U to make you breakfast?

gogogow

Ok, maybe i didn't elaborate things a bit more clear, a friend of mine got the console on BF with some of the games i got ad well, went to his house, played the games and had some fun, than better deals star to show up and i got this urge of buying the console, maybe it was nostalgia, i don't even know, i just that now that i have and think about what's to come for it next year that i like it's only zelda, but im in a place that my mind is 50/50, keep it, play the games to completion and than what? Have it there, just collecting dust? But it was such a good deal that is what's keeping me from returnjng it, i got the console and those 5 games for $387 and change at BB

So you regret it and wants to return it, but it's such a good deal and it keeps you from returning it? Make up your mind.

GulAtiCa

i just that now that i have and think about what's to come for it next year that i like it's only zelda, but im in a place that my mind is 50/50, keep it, play the games to completion and than what? Have it there, just collecting dust? But it was such a good deal that is what's keeping me from returnjng it, i got the console and those 5 games for $387 and change at BB

Why not check out games on the eShop? Plenty of indie games up there to keep you company, some of them exclusive.

I'm sure there are other games you missed out on. ZombiU for example.

ironcreed

Banned
posting.jpg

Seriously, how can you give up on a console without even playing a game?

Never was that image more accurate.

Iorv3th

THIS CAN BE SAID FOR ANY CONSOLE EVER! What are you on about?

I had a guy trade in a ps4 earlier this year because he had beaten all the games on it and traded it in for an xbox one because he said "PS4 doesn't have any games" (granted he beat all the ones he had then how this makes sense I do not know). More games will come out. Might take some time and you might not play the console for a few months, but it's not worth selling and buying again when the games you want are out.

Give the console a chance. The menus are slower than its competitors (PS4/XB1) but the gaming experience is excellent. The library you've already amassed contains a bunch of incredible titles that are worth playing. Certainly they're worth waiting 15-30 seconds more to navigate the menus and load the games.

To answer your second question, I don't regret keeping mine. The Wii U is my least favorite gaming hardware but has my favorite games right now...and I'd rather deal with slow menus to get to an excellent game than breeze through menus and loading to get to a lesser game!

EDIT: PS - Use the quick launch feature to get into games faster. To do this, turn the console on by hitting the power button on the Game Pad, which should bring up the quick launch menu of your last 8-10 games/applications. This drastically reduces load times and other UI gripes.

mAfNjQh.jpg

Seriously, don't overthink it and enjoy your Wii U, it has amazing games. It's not a slick, super quick all-in-one media station, but actually playing games is fast because you don't have to load to your hard drive and you can load them from the Quick Start Menu. In general, I've found that most Wii U games have very minimal or well-hidden load times: MK8 and Smash, for example.

Crom

I got caught up in the hype, the low price at retailers, the buy one get one for certain % off, I haven't open any of the games, but then i played the bayonetta 2 demo and holy shit, that game looks and plays great, but is very dificult to use the menu of the console, everything is so slow ( i have a ps4 ) the games i got worh the system are m, DK:TP, zelda WW:HD, mario k8, SSB, super M3DW, have any of you wii u owners had that feeling of just returning the system? Did you regret keeping it?

Are you trolling?

Anyway about the slow menus.....have you gotten all of the updates. It really isn't that slow and there is a quick start option to immediately start up the games.

Did you get the system to play games or to play menus?

I must be in the minority that actually likes the Wii U interface. Sure, it isn't blazingly fast like the PS4's, but it has a kind of charm to it that I appreciate. Everything about it screams Nintendo fun. I much prefer that than the cold and sterile feel of my PS4 UI.

Bricky

Hey guys, I just bought a cheap PS2 with Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Zone of the Enders, God of War 2 and Resident Evil 4. Just finished playing the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo, thought it was pretty sweet. I've already got a DVD player though and this controller isn't as comfortable as my remote. Should I return it?

Only Zelda? LOL. There are more wii U games that interest me next year than ps4 games at the moment (I'm not that into a lot of triple A games), and my top two most anticipated games of next year are both Wii U exclusives (Zelda and Xenoblade X). I mean, I guess it's true if you're unwilling to try stuff you're unfamiliar with like X and Splatoon, and don't like platformers (Kirby, Mario Maker, and Yoshi's wooly world), and have no interest in star fox, and assume that no other games will be announced later

LeFAIS

You liked bayonetta, a Wii u exclusive. But you want to return the console because the menu is slow?

You already have a ps4, so don't use other apps on the wii u and just use it for gaming maybe?

i just that now that i have and think about what's to come for it next year that i like it's only zelda, but im in a place that my mind is 50/50, keep it, play the games to completion and than what? Have it there, just collecting dust?

Some kid in 1994:

Yeah, I got an SNES with Super Mario World, A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI and and Mega Man X.

But THEN what? After Chrono Trigger, it'll just be collecting dust. >.>

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

So you want to return the system because the OS isn't as fast or intuitive as the PS4?
I mean, you liked the demo you played so far, right? At least try out the games you bought, and if the buyers remorse simply clouds all
enjoyment, then I guess at that point you should consider returning.
Allow yourself a bit more time with the system before casting such hasty judgement.

Have you guys ever bought a jar of pickles and then had trouble twisting the lid off? Sure the pickles taste great, but I don't want arthritis jut because I want a snack.

I've regretting my PS4 more than my Wii U. I'm not annoyed by the slowish interface because the Wii U has the games I want to play on it. Other than the top quality indies, the PS4 is really lacking in a library of games I enjoy playing. SM3DW, DK:TF, Mario Kart 8, and Smash have exceeded my expectations in terms of enjoyment, especially with friends over. Every problem I have with user interface, accounts, leaderboards, system power, etc. just completely fade away when Smash or Mario Kart are going, while all my favorite PS4 games could been on the Wii U (like Sportsfriends, Towerfall, and Binding of Isaac).

Hey guys, I just bought a cheap PS2 with Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Zone of the Enders, God of War 2 and Resident Evil 4. Just finished playing the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo, thought it was pretty sweet. I've already got a DVD player though and this controller isn't as comfortable as my remote. Should I return it?

amazing.

Blunoise

Ok, maybe i need to elaborate things a bit more clear, a friend of mine got the console on BF with some of the games i got ad well, went to his house, played the games and had some fun, than better deals star to show up and i got this urge of buying the console, maybe it was nostalgia, i don't even know, i just that now that i have and think about what's to come for it next year that i like it's only zelda, but im in a place that my mind is 50/50, keep it, play the games to completion and than what? Have it there, just collecting dust? But it was such a good deal that is what's keeping me from returnjng it, i got the console and those 5 games for $387 and change at BB

yea thats the same thing i do to my ps4 when it has no games i want, then i play it when a games comes out. btw u should at more games for 2015 besides zelda cuz there is a lot. the one thing ppl complain about is nintendo not having games but when they do have games, all they say is oh never mind i just want my mario and zelda....

gai_shain

So I bought a car but I cant drive the next few days, thinking about selling it again because it just sits there getting wet from the rain

Davey Cakes

I must be in the minority that actually likes the Wii U interface. Sure, it isn't blazingly fast like the PS4's, but it has a kind of charm to it that I appreciate. Everything about it screams Nintendo fun. I much prefer that than the cold and sterile feel of my PS4 UI.
I like the Wii U's interface too. It's unique.

Eolz

What do you other consoles do when you finish playing a game on them?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
As a pc player, the Wii U is the only console that made any sense whatsoever. I got one yesterday and the 6 games that are out that I'm interested in are enough to justify the purchase for me.

Ludist210

posting.jpg

Seriously, how can you give up on a console without even playing a game?
This picture has never been more appropriate on GAF.

OP, you're complaining because the menu is slow? Is your console current on its firmware? If not, update it. Then play the games you actually bought.

The Wii U is not perfect, but the games that it has are great. Give it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom