• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many would buy an Arkham Remastered Collection?

Symphonia

Banned
I had a real bad craving to replay the Arkham games this morning but, as I only have a PS4 and no PS3, that craving soon got pushed to the side. But then I got thinking - wouldn't it be great if Rocksteady released an 'Arkham Remastered' collection for PS4 and Xbox One? I'd be all over that shit on day one.

Who else would love to see this happen, and what are the chances of Rocksteady making this a reality?

After playing through Asylum and City I already had played enough of the formula to the point where I am struggling to gather hype for the new one so not me. And I did absolutely love Asylum and City.

But for new players I guess it would make sense.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This may not help you a ton, but all of the games are on Steam, they're usually dirt cheap and all of them are playable on controller. Plus, they still look great. Arkham Asylum at least ran on my older PC, too.

But I image a console collection will come around at some point. Might be a long wait though.

Blobbers

Personally, I wouldn't care, as I've played every Arkham game on my PC, but in terms of if it would be a good business decision? IDK, maybe. 3 Arkham games sounds like good value.

oni-link

Well I already brought them on PS3

In future will probably just get them dirt cheap on PC or replay on PS3

I don't like the idea of re buying my games every generation just to play them again

Otherwise I'll end up with them on PS3, remastered on PS4, and then the PS5 Arkham Anthology, it's just not really worth it

Remasters are great if you missed the games the first time around, I have a lot of the PS3 HD collections because I never had a PS2

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I love the series but ive played each game too much for me to enjoy any poss remake. I've been through Asylum 3/4 times already I think.

Symphonia

Banned
Personally, I wouldn't care, as I've played every Arkham game on my PC, but in terms of if it would be a good business decision? IDK, maybe. 3 Arkham games sounds like good value.
It'd be more than just the 3 games though. Chuck in all the DLC too, you've got real value for money.

oni-link

no more collections. please. more new games instead

This always gets brought up like it's either one or the other

Remasters require a fraction of the effort a new game requires and bring back a decent return for the cost it takes to produce them, and if you don't want to buy them, don't

They don't stop new games being made so why on earth would you want others to lose the opportunity to play them?

IbukiLordSA

Only played Arkham City, but it would be very dependent on price and release date. If I haven't made it a point to play the rest yet then it's obviously just something I'll play when there is nothing else to play.

I wasn't really a huge fan of the game anyway, after finishing it I never looked at it again.

The graphics look good enough to me, making a collection is a bit early and would nothing but a high rez port of the game. Just release that new batman game already.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I have all three (AA,AC,AO) on PC, perfectly happy with the versions look and performance.

anyway, so Warner Bros Interactive is not big on remasters,aside from Injustice that went to PS4 they didn't even put remasters for their best seller series (lego) so I doubt they'll do it with Batman, but maybe after Arkham Knight.

not really needed, only Asylum has true replay value i think and i'll just wait for new Batman games. And i just hope that after Knight they could move away from the "Arkham *.*" setting.

So many good Batman/Gotham locations and events they could cover instead of all being joker thugs in a "prisonlike" setting.

(and make that Turtles game with the same fighting engine!)

I've gone through the complete editions of all three games recently so I'm a little burnt out, but to be honest I'd probably still end up buying it anyway. Hell, it might be the only Arkham game I get at launch because I wouldn't have to wait for the ton of DLC to follow.

stryke

I immensely enjoyed the games but I feel very little compulsion to replay it. But if there's a market for it why not...

Naminator

Banned
I already played through all the games on my PC, 1080p60 PhysX and everything turned up, so I doubt that a remaster on consoles would look any better.

Plus I think the 3 Arkham games were on sale on steam for like 15 or 20$ or something, so paying a whole 60 for those three would be just too much.

TP

not really needed, only Asylum has true replay value i think

W2HbXlX.png

They're all plenty replayable

Lgndryhr

Too close to release of Arkham Knight, but I wouldn't get anyways. Enjoyed them when they came out and have not once wanted to replay. They are a one time play through for me.

JoshHood

Nah. Loved them all, but they're pretty repetitive and samey - I don't have any real desire to play them again, maybe save from a couple short sections in Asylum.

jimi_dini

wEIWEaP.jpg

But seriously - nope. It would have been nice to get Arkham Asylum on Wii U (which would have meant a version without tearing galore), but this ... nope.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think it wouldn't make sense unless they maybe released it after Knight. The gameplay is pretty repetitive so having all three AA/AC/AO in one package would potentially put people off buying Knight.

johntown

Banned
Nope....I like the games but I have them for PC so I don't really need a re-mastered version.

I do understand people who don't have a PC wanting to play them with updated graphics though.

jett

D-Member
All these games play so similar to each other (and are so long) that I think it would burn people on the franchise instead of making them want to buy the next one. :p

All three are on Steam and all three are good PC ports (AC DX11 being busted aside). Arkham Origins with max settings and Nvidia goodies can pass as a current gen game.

I would have no need of such a thing.

reKon

Banned
No. I don't think those games need it as much as others do. The absolute worst would be an Assassin's Creed remaster

Top Bottom