• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many would buy an Arkham Remastered Collection?

Scanna

I'd buy the s*** out of it. Missed all the games last gen and I don't want to keep playing on PS3 and X360 right now

Without a pc, sure. They are fucking great, I love these games. I'd still have to advise you to go the pc route with it though, these games look insane maxed out and downsampled, a console remaster probably wouldn't match them. I'm very curious as to how Arkham Knight turns out, if they further improve on the stuff they did with Arkham City, I will be in heaven.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Origins yeah, not too bothered about the first two

Problem with remasters is that they remake the big hitter games that everyone's played already.

They don't remake the great games that didn't get the sales they deserve. . . dragons dogma, phantom dust stuff like that.

depends on how extensive the remaster is. If it would be a significant upgrade from the old games and price around $40 or so, then sure, I would bite.

Sterok

Eh, they're good enough already and hold up plenty well overall. Try again a few years later and maybe there will be value in it, but they're not old enough to demand better performance.

I don't think I could buy it. The only way that they could get me to buy it would be if they updated the graphics to Arkham Knight's level and polished the combat mechanics. I would also love to see the level design slightly tweaked as well.

Symphonia

Banned
I don't think I could buy it. The only way that they could get me to buy it would be if they updated the graphics to Arkham Knight's level and polished the combat mechanics. I would also love to see the level design slightly tweaked as well.
So...a remaster? I'm not just on about them porting it. I'm talking Naughty Dog-level remasters akin to The Last Of Us. Upgraded visuals, 60FPS, 1080p, the full works. It would be wonderful.

So...a remaster? I'm not just on about them porting it. I'm talking Naughty Dog-level remasters akin to The Last Of Us. Upgraded visuals, 60FPS, 1080p, the full works. It would be wonderful.

What remasters are on the level of "Arkham Asylum > Arkham Knight" in terms of visuals? That would constitute a "remake" like with Resident Evil, not just a remaster.

Symphonia

Banned
What remasters are on the level of "Arkham Asylum > Arkham Knight" in terms of visuals? That would constitute a "remake" like with Resident Evil, not just a remaster.
The Last Of Us: Remastered was a huge upgrade over the original, as was GTAV NG. Both of them are considered remasters, not remakes. It would only require them to upgrade the version of UE they're using, right?

It sounds like people just want the PC versions on console. I'm fine with that, they look and play miles better. I have Asylum/City on Steam but I'd rebuy them on PS4 for trophies.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
It would be amazing if the three games came as bonus with Arkham Knight.

The Last Of Us: Remastered was a huge upgrade over the original, as was GTAV NG. Both of them are considered remasters, not remakes. It would only require them to upgrade the version of UE they're using, right?

I think the bolded is a much greater undertaking than you make it seem. TLoU had better resolution and framerate with cutscene character models used in gameplay. The environments/other assets were the same, just displayed in 1080p. Making a last gen game look like a current gen only game is something else entirely. Something more akin to REsident Evil on PS1 to RE on Gamecube. Adding in abilities and features from sequels would require a lot of work done to every aspect of the game.

If that's not what you're advocating, and instead would only want 1080p/60fps, the PC versions exist. For people who only play games on their consoles, then sure. There's just not much room for improvement over what's already available which is why so many aren't excited about this idea. The risk of burning people out on these games before/near release of Arkham Knight probably wouldn't be a good idea either.

Hahs

Bloody hell!

If it wasn't for the fact that remakes of movies or games are a huge waste of time (with the exception of GTA V and Ocean's Eleven) I would have to agree that an Arkham Knight remake would be...cool.

Corgi

Banned
Just saying, but there is no way in hell Arkham city and origins will run 60fps on consoles with an easy port job.

Has there been any open world game on current or previous gen that ran at 60fps? Did that Jak HD collection do it?

Maybe next console generation, but not this one. Give some of the much older games a chance at remastering, actual real OLD games that would really benefit from a new lick of paint and some tweaks.. Too much previous gen cash-grabs lately for my liking.

Symphonia

Banned
I think the bolded is a much greater undertaking than you make it seem. TLoU had better resolution and framerate with cutscene character models used in gameplay. The environments/other assets were the same, just displayed in 1080p. Making a last gen game look like a current gen only game is something else entirely. Something more akin to REsident Evil on PS1 to RE on Gamecube. Adding in abilities and features from sequels would require a lot of work done to every aspect of the game.

If that's not what you're advocating, and instead would only want 1080p/60fps, the PC versions exist. For people who only play games on their consoles, then sure. There's just not much room for improvement over what's already available which is why so many aren't excited about this idea. The risk of burning people out on these games before/near release of Arkham Knight probably wouldn't be a good idea either.
Could Rocksteady not just do the same with the Arkham games? Like display the environments and assets in 1080p, akin to max settings on PC, and use cutscene character models in-game? I wouldn't mind that and from the way people are praising the PC versions max settings, it sounds like it would be close to what we can expect from Arkham Knight. I'd be more than happy with that.

kribz

Not needed.I feel like this 'HD remastered' thing is starting to become a trend that I am not a fan of. The gaming industry is follow suit with the movie industry.

This trend and these threads are starting to become a bit of a joke. Please no more rehashed games that are still easily playable on just last-gen systems.

Could Rocksteady not just do the same with the Arkham games? Like display the environments and assets in 1080p, akin to max settings on PC, and use cutscene character models in-game? I wouldn't mind that and from the way people are praising the PC versions max settings, it sounds like it would be close to what we can expect from Arkham Knight. I'd be more than happy with that.

I wouldn't be happy with PC max settings since I already own the games on PC. They have to look like Arkham Knight with it's physically based rendering and much better lighting.

I don't think a remaster is necessary, unless they sell the entire compilation at $15-$20 or so. The existing Arkham games still look and play fine, even on consoles.

I'm with those who aren't a fan of this "HD Remaster" trend. That said, I'd be all over a good Demon's Souls remaster on PS4.

thelastword

Banned
I have the first two on the PS3 but only played Arkham which I loved, never got to city and the others. A bummer though, because I missed out on a sale on PC where you could buy them all with all dlc for $10

I'd have no problems buying it on PS4 for 1080p 60fps with AA and better textures and effects, also, to continue my trophy collection of course.

Top Bottom