• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Is Year’s Most Anticipated Movie (Survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy Spaghetti

Neo Member
Is the subtitle seriously "A Star Wars Story"

Come the fuck on. Tell me that's a placeholder

Would you rather it be "Star Wars: Rogue One"? "A Star Wars Story" seems more like a branding to me than an actual subtitle. Probably all future side stories will have that branding too.

sphagnum

Banned
If there are a significant amount of Rebel fighters in Rogue One, it will be limited to X-Wings and Y-Wings because the Yavin Rebel operation did not have A-Wings and B-Wings.

Toxi

Banned
Rogue One is pre-Battle of Yavin. B-Wings and A-Wings are unlikely, though not impossible given both appeared in Star Wars Rebels, which is set five years before the Battle of Yavin.

Of course people are excited for Rogue One. It's Star Wars!!!!111!1!1!!11!!eleven

Disney gotta milk the franchise. Hope y'all like lining up for dem utters.

Toxi

Banned
If there are a significant amount of Rebel fighters in Rogue One, it will be limited to X-Wings and Y-Wings because the Yavin Rebel operation did not have A-Wings and B-Wings.
It's possible that the Death Star plans were captured by another Rebel group that had A-Wings and B-Wings like Phoenix Squadron from Rebels, or that Yavin's few A-Wings or B-Wings were destroyed obtaining the Death Star plans.

But I'm definitely expecting predominantly X-Wings with a few Y-Wings. Hopefully a new fighter or two, since my Rebel Squadron in X-Wing Miniatures could always use some new ships.

Of course people are excited for Rogue One. It's Star Wars!!!!111!1!1!!11!!eleven

2edgy4me

Star Wars VII hit all the right notes for a lot of people. For my part, if the quality can be maintained then milk away, Mickey. I'll bring my largest pail

..also, they're not stealing the plans in hopes that the Empire forgets how to finish the damn thing. :p It's so that they know how it's built, can exploit structural weaknesses, etc, etc. Which.. you know, is what they did. In A New Hope.

Africanus

Audiences might get confused. X-wings and tie fighters only.

giphy.gif

:(

Toxi

Banned
Why doesn't the empire make a second copy of the plans? Why does this premise sound so dumb?
???

The premise was around since 1977's title crawl.

The Empire still has the Death Star plans if they want to use then. They're worried about the Rebels getting the plans because the Rebels could use them to find a weakness for the Death Star. Which we know is exactly what happened.

The real question is why Leia didn't just fax the plans over to Yavin at the beginning of A New Hope.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Why doesn't the empire make a second copy of the plans? Why does this premise sound so dumb?

...uhhh, the Empire doesn't want those plans back because there's only one copy. There isn't. They want them back so the Rebels can't figure out if the Death Star has any weaknesses.

...uhhh, the Empire doesn't want those plans back because there's only one copy. There isn't. They want them back so the Rebels can't figure out if the Death Star has any weaknesses.

I have this hilarious mental image of Darth Vader opening a rental copy of a video game only to find that the instruction manual is gone.

NOOOOOOOO NOW HOW WILL I PLAY THE GAME

Shaanyboi

Banned
The whole point of the saga is magic dudes swinging laser swords. No one cares about the riff-raff.

Most of the best stuff from Empire Strikes Back is people on the run in a busted freighter. Pretty sure people will do fine without another Jedi movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel backlash has started.

I don't even see much Civil War talk around here after the initial trailer. AoU must have tainted the waters.
There was a big thread with much positiv reactions, but there wasnt much new news after this, so, no. Not really.

The point is having intel to plan sabotage or an attack, not to steal the only copy of the plans so the empire can't use them. The plot of the first star wars culminated in using said intel to blow the death star up by taking advantage of some improbably-convenient halfassed engineering to hit the weak spot for massive damage..

Malyse

Marvel backlash has started.

I don't even see much Civil War talk around here after the initial trailer. AoU must have tainted the waters.

So, people didn't like Ant-Man now? We revising history already?

Was your younger sibling one of the younglings Vader killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom