• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 most bizarre allergies (gallery thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AqueousTransmission said:
1441xc6.jpg

Lol. I thought I was the only one that noticed that toe.

hertog

Hay fever, so I'm allergic to grass. Could be worse, my GF is allergic to a lot of sunlight and chlorine.
Summer is not her favourite season.

Sdawg36

I have dermatographia, but never knew there really was a name for it besides sensitive skin until this thread. Pretty annoying when you have an itch on your neck and have to scratch it and end up looking like you lost a fight with a cat. Might start using it as a party trick since I've always been able to doodle and write on myself, but never thought to draw cool stuff like the Assassins Creed logo I just drew on my arm with an empty mechanical pencil.

Aegus

I was allergic to something while I was in Japan. I'm not exactly sure what since I got the rashes after eating prawns, but I've ate prawns all my life before and after I got rashes.

SaskBoy said:
Holy shit! I am allergic to apples to!

Whenever I eat apples the back of my throat gets irritated and itchy. It's weird though because I can eat apple pie fine, just raw apples bother me.

I also can't eat hazelnuts or cherries.
Yeah, same here. I also have a birch pollen allergy, and the doctor said that these are cross allergies, so if you have one of them (in my case, birch pollen) you're prone to have several of them.

I'm (or at least I was) allergic to pollen. This was at its height a few years ago: made going outside during the summer really uncomfortable. I just decided to suck it up, (spend most of my days outside during the summer now), and for the last few years I only occasionally suffer from it. Mostly manifests as sneezing and an annoying itch in my eyes, like they're drying up or something. Good thing it doesn't happen aymore.

SuomiDude

I'm allergic to heat and cold (and sweat also causes problems). Used to have allergic to touch, but for some reason it's gone now. My skin can become pretty bad looking at worst, but it's nothing dangerous as I don't have swollen throat or anything, it's just fucking annoying when you get all the itchy red rash and stuff, though gladly it only lasts for about an hour. Funny thing is that the allergic reactions don't happen all the time even if I'm excersising and get all sweaty or if I'm sunbathing and such. So it's kinda random, but the doctors couldn't figure out why, and there was no real medicine for this either. It fucking sucks, and has partly ruined my life :/ Good thing is that every year it seems to get very slightly better, again with no logical explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom