• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080p footage of FFXV tech demo

Holy shit.

They got me with "Final Fantasy Roadtrip simulator", but you can just park the car and suddenly, Skyrim?

I'm gonna be playing this for MONTHS.

HeelPower

Hard to say... guaranteed Jump Festa though.

Hashimoto was shown briefly in a teaser for Playstation Experience. So...please be excited.

honestly I am very satisfied with the game info.

I could pretty much go on a blackout till release.

I just want them to do the right thing and go with their recognizable partner,Sony.

SE's been doing most of the marketing on their own for their games,which won't work for something as big as FFXV.

SPAW

honestly I am very satisfied with the game info.

I could pretty much go on a blackout till release.

I just want them to do the right thing and go with their recognizable partner,Sony.

SE's been doing most of the marketing on their own for their games,which won't work for something as big as FFXV.

Not me, I need a story trailer that solves that Luna/Stella controversy.

After E3 2015 will start considering a full media blackout.

SPAW

But tabata said, the next time we will get more infos on FF XV will be the Jump Festa.

There is no other AAA-product (that we know of) that Hashimoto would be likely to present at a major Sony event. I would therefore be highly surprised if we are not served some FFXV (and type-0) trailer or tasty beverage.

Tabata clearly is not in fully control of what he says during interviews/events (hold-button disaster).

There is no other AAA-product (that we know of) that Hashimoto would be likely to present at a major Sony event. I would therefore be highly surprised if we are not served some FFXV (and type-0) trailer or tasty beverage.

Tabata clearly is not in fully control of what he says during interviews/events (hold-button disaster).

you forgot that FF7 Remake..;)

But honestly, i hope youre right

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder if FF is actually becoming more and more popular in Japan or if it's just Square pushing the series more.

Anyway, I don't think we know when this is being released, if I had to guess, probably after.

Square has been pushing FF ever since Sakaguchi left.
It's why we had the massive decline in the series.

They need a magazine to let people know of all the spinoff mobile games they have.

I'm glad they are going for the Sakurai approach to revealing information on a weekly/ monthly basis for FFXV

SPAW

Square has been pushing FF ever since Sakaguchi left.
It's why we had the massive decline in the series.

They need a magazine to let people know of all the spinoff mobile games they have.

I'm glad they are going for the Sakurai approach to revealing information on a weekly/ monthly basis for FFXV

Please, the PR-budgets exploded well before Sakaguchi was forced to exit the company. The PR-budget for FFVII, FFVIII and the all beloved FFIX was no small matter.

I would also like to see you prove that PR-budgets -> series decline.

While you are at it, how did the series experience a "massive decline" when two of the most successful entries to the series followed soon after Sakaguchi exit.

Talax

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder if FF is actually becoming more and more popular in Japan or if it's just Square pushing the series more.

Anyway, I don't think we know when this is being released, if I had to guess, probably after.
So jump Festa is probably still the earliest we'll see the game again.

Btw the demo is 2 hours.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/2...hly-two-hours-content/?onswipe_redirect=never

And they're saying demo is a preorder bonus. I thought all first print copies would have it.

Kaze2212

The same as with UC4 I always forget how ridiculous these games actually look. If SQ really achieves these visuals @ 1080p (30fps) in an open worldish game, then developers should stop right at that level and try to improve their games fps-wise. I really think we don't need much more than the visuals of those games right now... FF15 looks very, very close to actual Final Fantasy CGI,

So it looks like Game2k found some high quality versions of both videos. I didn't check them myself, but it should be good :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_final_fantasy_xv_hq_videos-16090_en.html
Isn't that the same video Square already released before? Or is it even better quality?

The same as with UC4 I always forget how ridiculous these games actually look. If SQ really achieves these visuals @ 1080p (30fps) in an open worldish game, then developers should stop right at that level and try to improve their games fps-wise. I really think we don't need much more than the visuals of those games right now... FF15 looks very, very close to actual Final Fantasy CGI,

I honestly hope they'll stop improving graphics after this generation and start focusing on stuff to lower dev costs, so we could see more new games popping up. But yeah, I agree with this.

Dat lighting, so so good.

Lighting is very natural. It's the 2nd most impressive lighting I've seen (followed by AC:U).

The only thing I find extremely distracting is the LOD on the occlusion of the foliage. It's extremely close to the character and you can see the transition quite clearly as he runs around.

wmlk

We haven't had any scenic vistas with the engine yet, but it still looks pretty good. I can't wait to get a good view of Accordo at sunset...hnnng

luca_29_bg

nope, no even close, and polygons edge on the female character hairs, in the tech demo video, are terrible! Don't forget aliasing, of course, that talk with God every day in these videos, but it's in development, so we'll see...

-SD-

Banned
Really one of the most impressive tech demos I've recently seen.

DefenselessBraveFrenchbulldog.gif

you know if the game looks like this when its out in shops, then I will be impressed.

Super visuals!

I know this is an early tech demo thingy and it has issues, like pop ins, lost shadow details,draw distance etc. hopefully they will focus on fixing these things now instead of improving graphics.

Roxas

Looks fucking amazing. Your teammates AI looked a bit stupid in places though, literally running into trees and rocks :/

raven777

if they achieve native 1080P resolution on PS4 with this visual, I will be shocked. Obviously the current stuff we saw are not native 1080P, or anywhere near that.

finalfantasyxv-techdezsegz.jpg

finalfantasyxv-techdebudvm.png

wmlk

if they achieve native 1080P resolution on PS4 with this visual, I will be shocked. Obviously the current stuff we saw are not native 1080P, or anywhere near that.

That makes me think that what we're seeing right now is PS4 spec.

A bit odd that the tech demo isn't in 1080p...maybe Square is aware of the downgrade fiascos this generation?

A bit odd that the tech demo isn't in 1080p...maybe Square is aware of the downgrade fiascos this generation?

Probably. I think that they know that it's best to keep on the good side of fans with how long they've made them wait for it. So they're showing how the game actually looks at this very moment without pulling any tricks. Even their official screenshots are untouched.

Asd202

With what we are seeing now with games overall and what they show in tech demos it's going to be hard to make this game 1080p 30FPS.

This is coming out for PC right?

As of now no but I think it will happen in the future though I doubt it will be day one.

thelastword

Banned

To me, it's not so far-fetched. I think the most prominent thing in your pics is the hair, it looks on par with that of the red-head in AC-U if not better. This is Square-Enix though, so we knew we would have the best character models for an rpg. I believe the game will look amazing, it's really impressive what they have so far. All they have to do is improve performance and IQ and we're in there.

Talax

That Luna design... I Actually get chills down my spine each time I see here in the TGS-trailer.

Not sure who I prefer the most, Stella or Luna. What is GAFs opinion?

This is probably the unanimously accepted as best Stella :p
tumblr_m71jatcoej1r1xdqto1_1280.jpg

Stella_Nox_Fleuret_full_636232.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
That Luna design... I Actually get chills down my spine each time I see here in the TGS-trailer.

Not sure who I prefer the most, Stella or Luna. What is GAFs opinion?

I really do like the Luna design....but something sadly tells me shes going to be Aerith'ed...and thats going to explain Stella or some shit.

But I'm hoping she lasts the whole game because her design is beautiful.

or they're split personalities and luna is only during the day while stella is at night lol

Top Bottom