• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh.

I would much rather just have GT6 be a PS4 exclusive and a massive upgrade for the series, but at the same time even if GT6 is PS3 only, it's still more GT, and I'm fine with that.

It also means that GT7 will be released later in the PS4's life cycle which can only mean that it will look even better, so... it's a slightly bittersweet win/win in my eyes.

Not taking that banner too seriously but I'm not buying GT6 if it's PS3 only. Lets see Wednesday.

At least initially it's going to be PS3 only because of DRIVECLUB. That could always change in the months after release, but I don't expect them to announce it for any platform other than the PS3 at this event.

Omiee

since the other thread is not that busy

can anyone lend me his chaparral 2j race car.

i will return it asap.

pleasee :D

excited for GT6!!!!

spend hours and hours in GT5

FlyFaster

Eh.

I would much rather just have GT6 be a PS4 exclusive and a massive upgrade for the series, but at the same time even if GT6 is PS3 only, it's still more GT, and I'm fine with that.

It also means that GT7 will be released later in the PS4's life cycle which can only mean that it will look even better, so... it's a slightly bittersweet win/win in my eyes.

look better and have better physics.

This is exactly why I want GT6 on PS3. Give PD time to really make something special on the PS4.

PS1 didn't launch with a GT game.

PS2 didn't launch with a GT game.

PS3 didn't launch with a GT game.

Despite this, they were all fine. So why is it so important that the PS4 should?

Did i said somewhere that GT6 will be a launch title? i clearly said Christmas 2014, we wont see the game this year, thats just silly, you dont release 2 first party similar racing games in the same year, that doest work well.

Also, do i need to remind you all the problems that Sony faced with PS3 first years? or how they are failing with the Vita? they need to bring TOP tier software as fast as possible. Make the machine something that people will want.

G17

Can someone link to the actual GTPlanet thread with the picture? Couldn't find it. Interested in seeing the responses over there.

SparkTR

I'd rather it be either/or as opposed to cross-gen, that just implies compromise for one version or the other (or both). There's still a ridiculous amount of stuff they could improve without going next gen.

Did i said somewhere that GT6 will be a launch title? i clearly said Christmas 2014, we wont see the game this year.

Also, do i need to remind you all the problems that Sony faced with PS3? or how they are failing with the Vita? they need to bring TOP tier software as fast as possible.

I could see them doing something like this

GT6 (PS3) - October/November
GT6: Spec 2 (PS4) w/ GT7 Prologue or playable demo - mid-2014
GT7 (PS4) - early or mid 2015

The PS4 game schedule would all depend on whether or not their main assets are easily transferable to the PS4. That'll save them a ton of time. And if they knock the GT-mode out the park in GT6, then they could just do some tweaks to that. It'd be more of a GT3-style schedule for them. A really fast (in terms of time it takes them to complete) and tight package for a GT game.

It is invitation-only, cherry-picked most influential world media outlets members call (gaming press is only part of media-profiles invited), with full-day programme, various announcements of unkown background ("future of GT series" being only communicated so far), with ongoing track-day, meetup with automotive professionals of various backgrounds and official worldwide celebration of 15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo.

The parts of the event will be streamed and we know the "GT Future" keynote should be the streaming highlight. But no schedule or details have been known yet.

Q&A will probably happen, but this event will be more about perception and influence of GT series in the business, automotive industry and its significance in worldwide motorsport then asking about Livery Editor in GT6 (for example). Besides Kazunori, it is expected for all SCE top-heads to be there, including Hirai and Yoshida (they are both members of Polyphony Board of directors for a decade now).

This is way more than "gaming" event to be honest. We certainly have something to look forward in Wednesday.

Hopefully, other than the PS3 game they talk about PS4 and their plans. A screenshot or two wouldn't hurt.

Nice to see the big boys there with Kaz. GT is their biggest IP, Kaz deserves some attention from the other Kaz and Suhei.

Artorias

Banned
This has me pumped enough that I started playing GT5 again after a year off. I'm also writing a paper so I'm just doing B spec but man, I can't wait to set my wheel up when I'm done next week!

I do hope this comes to PS4, but I'm not about to wait for an announcement on that if it's not day 1.

supersaw

It is this part of the trailer that has me on teamcg, not the silverstone pits pic.

cMUDxggl.jpg

That Skyline definitely looks CG to me, either that or they are doing some crossfading tricks between real and ingame as it looks a bit transparent but that could just be motion/compression artifacts.

PS4 launch title.. BELIEVE

Into

The game has been in development likely since GT5 released, the PS4 has been in development since the PS3 released, it is not out of the realm of possibility that someone, at some point, said lets develop a PS4 version with a PS3. Its not like Polyphony Digital knew nothing and found out about the PS4 the same day the rest of us did.

Its 95% going to be for PS3, with a 25% chance of there also being a PS4 version, a mere souped up port that looks better. 5% that it is a PS4 only game. Remember, we are on GAF...Believe

Ill buy it regardless even if it came out for the PSX.

3ucvjg.jpg

Shamelessly stolen

darkwing

The game has been in development likely since GT5 released, the PS4 has been in development since the PS3 released, it is not out of the realm of possibility that someone, at some point, said lets develop a PS4 version with a PS3. Its not like Polyphony Digital knew nothing and found out about the PS4 the same day the rest of us did.

Its 95% going to be for PS3, with a 25% chance of there also being a PS4 version, a mere souped up port that looks better. 5% that it is a PS4 only game. Remember, we are on GAF...Believe

3ucvjg.jpg

Shamelessly stolen

perfect

Into

In Shinobi's thread about GT6 being listed for PS3, i listed CDON.com a nordic online webstore, it had Gran Turismo 6 for PS3 only.

However...

Source: CDON.com

I included the list of games you can pre order/reserve for the PS4, and they are mostly titles already announced like Knack, Killzone as well as games we pretty much all know are coming FIFA etc.

As you can see they do not put crazy stuff up for pre order like Half Life 3, Final Fantasy 7 remake or Shenmue III

Note: Several weeks ago they only had GT6 for PS3, this is new

It's been in development even before GT5 was released. Kaz mentioned at TGS 2010 that there were things that weren't going to make the cut for GT5, and those would be hold overs for GT6. And as mentioned earlier, I believe that Kaz said that karts weren't even planned for GT5. That was something they were building for GT6, but Yoshida mentioned it in that Europe PS interview so they put them in GT5. That probably explains why they feel tossed in. I'd expect a more fleshed out representation for them in GT6.

They definitely knew about the PS4. They were one of the devs that helped build it. Yoshida said that some of PD's top members were key in the building of the console.

Double H

That Skyline definitely looks CG to me, either that or they are doing some crossfading tricks between real and ingame as it looks a bit transparent but that could just be motion/compression artifacts.
That teaser's been given far too much credit. I'd bet it was produced by SCEE without any direct input from Polyphony Digital as it features some questionable content.

Why use the R34 Skyline when it was never in GT1, the same goes for the Saleen S7/GT3 and the unknown white sports car is likely a stock 3D model. The CG cars' number plate type has been vertically stretched (graphic design faux pas) not to mentioned written as GT 1? it's GT1. These are all mistakes PD are highly unlikely to make.

The footage and CG integration was likely done by whoever produces the GT Academy media. The cars are simply whatever 3D models they had on hand and bare little relevance to GT history or the upcoming announcement besides the fact two of the CG models are Nissans. For all we know it's a Nissan under the tarp.

That teaser's been given far too much credit. I'd bet it was produced by SCEE without any direct input from Polyphony Digital as it features some questionable content.

Why use the R34 Skyline when it was never in GT1, the same goes for the Saleen S7/GT3 and the unknown white sports car is likely a stock 3D model. The CG cars' number plate type has been vertically stretched (graphic design faux pas) not to mentioned written as GT 1? it's GT1. These are all mistakes PD are highly unlikely to make.

The footage and CG integration was likely done by whoever produces the GT Academy media. The cars are simply whatever 3D models they had on hand and bare little relevance to GT history or the upcoming announcement besides the fact two of the CG models are Nissans. For all we know it's a Nissan under the tarp.

Ding ding ding.

People are saying they won't buy GT 6 for the PS3 if they announce it this Wednesday but they are just lying to themselves. :p

Do you guys honestly think you have that restraint? When they show off the raw trailers and new stuff? Not to mention when it comes out and NeoGAF hold tons of races?

If you do then more power to you but you keep waiting on that PS4 GT 6. I'll be cruising along in my sweet cars beating Racers left and right and posting pics/videos. ;)

It not the end of the world if GT 6 isn't there for PS4 at or after launch.

They did this with God of War II for PS2 instead of 3 and GT 6 shouldn't be exempt because "PS4 needs it".

Anyways 3 days is a long wait. Thankfully its in Europe so the wait is a bit shorter here in the US but it does mean I have to wake up earlier.

Mascot

I'd rather it be either/or as opposed to cross-gen, that just implies compromise for one version or the other (or both). There's still a ridiculous amount of stuff they could improve without going next gen.

Top of the list for me is the frame rate and the screen tearing, which PD still can't nail within PS3 hardware constraints despite several attempts and updates. I feel the power of the PS4 is now a necessity to do Gran Turismo justice, to accommodate the game that GT5 should have been and the game that GT6 should be.

Fuck compromises like these. They are hopefully current-gen problems and ones we can wave goodbye to at the end of this year.

I'll be watching with great interest on Wednesday. I've resigned myself to expect GT6 to be PS3-only, but with Kaz and PD hopefully understanding the limitations of the PS3 a little better than when GTHD and GT5 were being worked on, I truly hope that this time they have taken steps to work within the parameters that the hardware provides, make the necessary adjustments and produce a game whose ambitions don't exceed what's technically achievable.

If it turns out that GT6 on PS3 doesn't run at a v-synched rock-solid 60fps then I'll probably be pissed off enough to skip it completely.

Solal

Top of the list for me is the frame rate and the screen tearing, which PD still can't nail within PS3 hardware constraints despite several attempts and updates. I feel the power of the PS4 is now a necessity to do Gran Turismo justice, to accommodate the game that GT5 should have been and the game that GT6 should be.

Fuck compromises like these. They are hopefully current-gen problems and ones we can wave goodbye to at the end of this year.

I'll be watching with great interest on Wednesday. I've resigned myself to expect GT6 to be PS3-only, but with Kaz and PD hopefully understanding the limitations of the PS3 a little better than when GTHD and GT5 were being worked on, I truly hope that this time they have taken steps to work within the parameters that the hardware provides, make the necessary adjustments and produce a game whose ambitions don't exceed what's technically achievable.

If it turns out that GT6 on PS3 doesn't run at a v-synched rock-solid 60fps then I'll probably be pissed off enough to skip it completely.

So agree with that. Steady 60fps all along... no matter what. I HATE frames drops and tearing... ugly, terrible, catastrophic, worst thing that could happen to GT.

I can't wait for the graphics to blow my face off but I really hope they do something about damage/collision and inconsistency in car models quality. That stuff was so beneath the legacy of GT that it shouldn't have happened. I'd even like a smaller car list with all high quality models instead of multiple skylines, etc. And I hope the physics to feel a bit more realistic, didn't really like 'em in GT5, I think the series needs a bit of work from the ground up on that end.

And most of all, I hope it's on PS4.

Sorry Enzo :(

I still have
blind
faith there will be a PS4 title.

Of course there will be. Just not next week.

sTeLioSco

Banned
so 10+mil gt fans should play on ps3 and not bother with ps4??

dumb,especially if the could just do it crossplatform.not only for ps4....

3ucvjg.jpg

Shamelessly stolen

I think they handled this wrong, however. I think Polyphony should have released a revised GT5 this generation with a lot more cars, tracks, and modes. And no, Spec II was not substantial enough for that to count. They really should have sat on all of that DLC, released it as disc only, and added to it substantially. GT6 should be a cross platform game. I really don't care where it ends up as long as it has weather and night racing on all tracks.

elohel

I wonder if they were developing their next gen engine when Sony was making the rounds and sketching their ideas for the ps4

velociraptor

I think they handled this wrong, however. I think Polyphony should have released a revised GT5 this generation with a lot more cars, tracks, and modes. And no, Spec II was not substantial enough for that to count. They really should have sat on all of that DLC, released it as disc only, and added to it substantially. GT6 should be a cross platform game. I really don't care where it ends up as long as it has weather and night racing on all tracks.
I agree.

THE:MILKMAN

I wonder if they were developing their next gen engine when Sony was making the rounds and sketching their ideas for the ps4

We know Sony started designing PS4 in 2008 and that PD had direct involvement and say in the specs. I wouldn't be surprised if the GT5 engine was designed with an eye on the PS4 to some extent.

RaijinFY

I agree with the complaints.
By the looks of it, we will have a GT6 with more cars and tracks (at least let's hope they are all premiums??!) but fundamentally still held back by the limitations of the current hardware. IMO, this could have been done by releasing a big update pack and not a full new game.

I really think a cross platform game could work rather well. PD already have highquality models and with a nice bosst of IQ and 60fps stable the game could look very good on PS4. Not next gen but it would be indeed a nice boost compared PS3 graphics.

Add better effects, better self shadowing and better texturing and well you have GT5 photomode in real time.

Silver lining is lets assume this is a holiday release. They wouldn't want this taking all the thunder away from the PS4 launch so there has to be something else going on.

Silver lining is lets assume this is a holiday release. They wouldn't want this taking all the thunder away from the PS4 launch so there has to be something else going on.

Launch window. It'll probably come out in March of 2015. That would allow Drive Club to breathe. This is only if it's a PS4 title. If it's a PS3 title then it will be released holiday of 2013.

I agree with the complaints.
By the looks of it, we will have a GT6 with more cars and tracks (at least let's hope they are all premiums??!) but fundamentally still held back by the limitations of the current hardware. IMO, this could have been done by releasing a big update pack and not a full new game.

That doesn't mean that they can't significantly change the game while it's still on the PS3. Hardware isn't holding back a new GT mode, deeper car customization, tire modeling, engine sounds etc. They can achieve all of that with the PS3. I think some people are focused too much on the idea that the visuals won't be a huge improvement instead of thinking about the possibilities of them spending 3 additional years figuring out new content and features that they can add into their current-gen engine. There's potential for a dramatic leap forward in the core elements of the series. All of which would lay the groundwork and make things much easier for their first GT PS4.

It would be cool if the PS4 got a downloadable tech demo of a next-gen GT title. Like GTHD was on PS3.

It would keep people happy, seeing what they were in for.

Bruce, are you speculating or do you actually know there won't be a PS4 version?

Yoshida should be fired if there's not a PS4 port.

Nah just spitballing. Ill try and do a better job clarifying if my opinion has a source greater than my mole named Russ.

I think PS3 is a given but there might be something else afoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom