• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1up Zelda Twilight Princess review

AniHawk

skip said:
it's not as cut and dry as that, I suppose. but I told luke tonight his zelda trolling needs to improve, because I'm totally in the Parish-hausen camp.

Who will be doing the reviews in EGM?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Woohoo! I'm loving this notion that TP is very story driven. That makes me excited.

Unison said:
It would be funny if everyone hated Zelda and attacked Parish for massively overrating the game. :lol

See, now if it was GTA, Halo, Madden, or Final Fantasy, then yes.

However, nobody hates Zelda, except anti-Nintendo trolls.

Maridia

Zaxxon said:
I called it!

now IGN and Gamespot have to give it 10/10s and i'll be 100% right.

are there spoilers in the review?

:lol

If it's the ****er from the GS video doing the review, I predict that your predictions sink like the Titanic.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
hmm...I wonder how much 9's Famitsu is going to give for this game. One? two?

ethelred

Maridia said:
:lol

If it's the ****er from the GS video doing the review, I predict that your predictions sink like the Titanic.

Gerstmann will probably give it an 8.2.

VicAlpha said:

Hopefully the series will get its third 40.

GhaleonEB

Link said:
What was the last game to get a 10/10/10 in EGM? Halo 2?
Halo 2 and GTA: SA did it in the same issue. I don't think anything else has pulled it off since. The next issue has Gears and Zelda, and we know they both get at least one from the 1up reviews.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
VicAlpha said:
Im pretty sure famitsu will give it a 40/40 to TP

both WW and OOT got perfect scores in Famitsu.

Maridia

ethelred said:
Gerstmann will probably give it an 8.2.

Hopefully the series will get its third 40.

I don't really care whether it hits #1 at GameRankings or not, but that guy's lack of enthusiasm was awe-inspiring. I predict 8.6.

quaere

Well written. That review really sold me on the game, a lot more than some other recent 1up reviews convinced me certain games were flawed. And I haven't even played a Zelda game other than a couple hours of Ocarina of Time.

Gerstmann gave OOT a 10.

I kind of doubt that it can get a 10 at Gamespot, but I do think it will easily get a 9.6+. I thinks probably going to get above a 9.6 actually, making it the first game to do so at Gamespot since Metroid Prime four years ago.

AniHawk

Sathsquatch said:
Gerstmann gave OOT a 10.

I kind of doubt that it can get a 10 at Gamespot, but I do think it will easily get a 9.6+. I thinks probably going to get above a 9.6 actually, making it the first game to do so at Gamespot since Metroid Prime four years ago.

Metroid Prime got a 9.7 at Gamespot.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
It will be interesting to see what IGN and Gamesot gives Zelda: TP. If gamespot give it a really high score then I know its going to be a very good game. Their reviews are usually very reliable, nearly every game that gamespot has given a 9+ is an amazing game.

aktham

i lost faith in famitsu after seeing nintendogs get a perfect, not to mention some other crappy games that score well.

ohweback.jpg.

I haven't played a 3D Zelda in 5-6 years and I've almost forgotten how great those experiences were. Hopefully this game will reestablish those great memories as truth. Otherwise, great review although it does spoil some stuff gameplay-side.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
AniHawk said:
Metroid Prime got a 9.7 at Gamespot.
It was a well deserved score.

I expect Gamespot to give the game 9+, its even possible that it could reach 9.7, 9.8, but I dont think that gamespot will give it a perfect score. Ocarina of time only got a perfect score from gamespot because the game changed from 2d to 3d and Nintendo pulled it off perfectly. If TP is goign to get a perfect score, then the game has got to make a massive leap from all the other Zelda games.

ethelred

psycho_snake said:
It was a well deserved score.

I expect Gamespot to give the game 9+, its even possible that it could reach 9.7, 9.8, but I dont think that gamespot will give it a perfect score. Ocarina of time only got a perfect score from gamespot because the game changed from 2d to 3d and Nintendo pulled it off perfectly. If TP is goign to get a perfect score, then the game has got to make a massive leap from all the other Zelda games.

Waggle.

Link

The Autumn Wind
There are some bitter pricks in this thread. Can you spot them?

Anyone that hates on Zelda shouldn't be playing videogames.

Tieno

Link said:
There are some bitter pricks in this thread. Can you spot them?

Anyone that hates on Zelda shouldn't be playing videogames.
Hey, I like Zelda and all, but it's not the end and be all game for everyone.

AniHawk

Jeff is bound to give it the 8.0 I thought Jeremy would give it. If I'm wrong, may we all be horribly crushed from above somehow.

Ristamar

Didn't Gerstmann give Wind Waker a 9.3? Judging from all the impressions and reviews I've seen thus far, I can't reasonably see how he'd score Twilight Princess lower...

Top Bottom