• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Wanny

10061099774_d094647597_o.jpg

wut

Our arrows will AO the sun!

A few more BF4 portraits. I threw out a lot of "better" portraits due to poor image quality. I don't know it's just FRAPS making the screens look like crap, or if my eyes are tricking me into thinking it looks better in-game. Just not happy with how screens are coming out. MSI Afterburner won't capture screenshots of this game and I can't get SweetFX to work. Fraps is a last resort for me....

It's unfortunate that the only ones worth posting have the same sort of angle. Oh well :)

PhilGPT

I tried to use SRWE with GTA IV but dont work for me..cause i cant play in windowed mode! how did you do?
To play in windowed mode, just add:

-windowed

to commandline.txt in your GTA folder.
If you don't have commandline.txt in your GTA folder, just create it and paste -windowed in there, save and enjoy :)

What patch are you on? I believe that ENB is only for patch 1.0.4.0
If you're using the Steam version, you will have to downgrade.
Check out Sethos' guide

Ah, I have the latest one. I misread the description on the mod site and thought it said 1.0.7 was supported.

I have the retail game, so I'll reinstall it and patch to the appropriate version tomorrow and check it out.

A few more BF4 portraits. I threw out a lot of "better" portraits due to poor image quality. I don't know it's just FRAPS making the screens look like crap, or if my eyes are tricking me into thinking it looks better in-game. Just not happy with how screens are coming out. MSI Afterburner won't capture screenshots of this game and I can't get SweetFX to work. Fraps is a last resort for me....

First of all fuck that article. Aneurism inducing.

Second, I found, through no scientific testing whatsoever, bandicam to produce a bit better results than FRAPS. I prefer sweetfx as well, but yeah, try bandicam. Also, nice shots! I was going to try out some portrait stuff as the style of the level seems quite suited to it, but for once I was actually too busy playing the game, haha.

Third, damn Phil. And damn, One3rd, excellent chivalry stuff lately.

First of all fuck that article. Aneurism inducing.

Second, I found, through no scientific testing whatsoever, bandicam to produce a bit better results than FRAPS. I prefer sweetfx as well, but yeah, try bandicam. Also, nice shots! I was going to try out some portrait stuff as the style of the level seems quite suited to it, but for once I was actually too busy playing the game, haha.
The article is fine, it's the comments that make me want to smash everyone's naughty bits with a hammer.

For BF4 screenshots, the trick is to join a game in spectator mode so you're forced to do nothing except take screenshots :p I was able to force 2400x3200 in this game, which is the highest portrait ratio I can manage. Being that this game is 64bit and DX11, I know of no way to force any resolution higher than that. SRWE doesn't even list the game window. SoftTH is DX9.

I suppose I can give bandicam a try. I just wish SweetFX worked. I've love to play around with color and vibrance just a bit in BF4.

KKRT00

The article is fine, it's the comments that make me want to smash everyone's naughty bits with a hammer.

For BF4 screenshots, the trick is to join a game in spectator mode so you're forced to do nothing except take screenshots :p I was able to force 2400x3200 in this game, which is the highest portrait ratio I can manage. Being that this game is 64bit and DX11, I know of no way to force any resolution higher than that. SRWE doesn't even list the game window. SoftTH is DX9.

I suppose I can give bandicam a try. I just wish SweetFX worked. I've love to play around with color and vibrance just a bit in BF4.

You know that You can supersample with simple command in console? :)
Render.ResolutionScale

BONKERS

Man every time I see Rage, I can't help but imagine what the original source textures must have looked like. Wish we could get like a super mega texture download for the game haha and it would require an SSD to play smoothly.

Excellent shots. I have always really liked the art style of Rage

One3rd

3rd attempt at trying to post this. PC keeps freezing after the BF4 forced 331.40 driver update. FFS NVidia! Looks like I have to go back to 314.22 drivers.

hawkengame-win32-shipmnach.png

And here my first Panorama pic...thx to Midhras and neoenigma for the tips! <3
Nothing special, only a small test for allignment and software to use up. :D

http://abload.de/img/panoramica363ssw5guzp.png
Hawken is looking very nice. This is running on the UE3 engine, any of the devcommands work for screenshooting?

LOL! I was expecting the panoramic to be of Hawken.

Nice BS2 shots.

3rd attempt at trying to post this. PC keeps freezing after the BF4 forced 331.40 driver update. FFS NVidia! Looks like I have to go back to 314.22 drivers.

For what its worth, I used 314.22 for a long time before deciding to upgrade to 327.23. Those worked great for me. So far I haven't had any issues with 331.40. Let's hope that trend continues.

One3rd

For what its worth, I used 314.22 for a long time before deciding to upgrade to 327.23. Those worked great for me. So far I haven't had any issues with 331.40. Let's hope that trend continues.

I didn't try the 327.23 drivers for this very reason. Only updated yesterday because of BF4. I may go and try 327.23 with a clean uninstall and see how that goes.

Almost the end of the page! I'll help it along with some BF4 beta screens. First, skyscraper still standing.

10078758523_6805edcfe0_o.png

LEVOLUTIONED

10078640294_4a97e4cb43_o.png

Was hard to catch it from the right angle in time, so it's not a great shot. Also, apparently it's impossible to texture the top of a building without looking like crap from a distance.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why does your RE6 look prettier than mine? Other than AA issues, I feel like mine is running 16bit color or something. Can you take this in Leon Chapter 1 to compare?

iqJl1B5KiAO3l.png

Sherry's ass thanks you.

idOP1KBWUohgl.jpg

Top Bottom