• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Wanny

Have you tried attacking their weak spot for massive damage? :p Nice shots.

I wish my games could look like bisharp resize on screen. I love that clean look. D:

FF14 visuals are starting to grow on me. It's quite natural. Problem is that it looks a bit bland because it doesn't really have any advanced effects to it.

BF4 is looking awfully similar to bf3.

Any really stark graphical changes? (shadows on particles, internal particle shadows, particles casting shadows, screen space reflections, object motionblur, etc...).

Yeah, there is not much different here, in general. I am holding out for the SP as well. Then again... its a beta... but still. Wat.

bf4_2013_10_01_09_05_17_849_by_roderickartist-d6osa1g.png

bf4_2013_10_01_09_10_47_987_by_roderickartist-d6osa17.png

I can see how really dynamic screenshots would work, and it'd be hard as fuck. Every now and then though, I bet you could get something excellent looking. Also, the effects are surprisingly inconsistent.

Jim?! Is that you?

Yea lots. I finally found how to contrast this game without crushing. DPX is the key!

Hah.

Yeah, the turtle, green plants, and water reflections in the bottom all look pretty appealing. Makes the graphics pop a bit more. The game still seems to lack any kind of atmosphere or detail in the environment, but those images look nice.

Wanny

Hah.

Yeah, the turtle, green plants, and water reflections in the bottom all look pretty appealing. Makes the graphics pop a bit more. The game still seems to lack any kind of atmosphere or detail in the environment, but those images look nice.

For what I understand from DPX, it takes like the lower half range of colors and reduce the brightness + saturate. It takes the higher half range and increase the brightness and desaturate.

But I like it mainly because I can achieve contrast that I want unlike LGG or curves.

BONKERS

[

And yeah, IQ wise, I'm assuming the crap on all the windows is some sort of shader aliasing, and I do still have FXAA on as well.

It's shader/specular aliasing. Some of it may be from low res cubemap reflections too.

What ENB is that? It looks JUICY.

I wish there were some texture mods for RE6 and maybe another way to modify the size of the DoF filter. You can get SGSSAA with the game, but it ends up looking awful thanks to the super low res DOF buffer.

kqgaming

Banned
What ENB is that? It looks JUICY.

I wish there were some texture mods for RE6 and maybe another way to modify the size of the DoF filter. You can get SGSSAA with the game, but it ends up looking awful thanks to the super low res DOF buffer.

those shots are old sorry i deleted the game long time ago

One3rd

So first, these are great. I love your enb, and I think it deserves some sort of amazing machinima.

And then.

I looked closer.

And saw the werewolf in the second image.

LOL! Is he stretching before attacking? What a health concious Lycanthrope. =)

And yes, those images are stellar.

Top Bottom