• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

This gun is sexy.

10247587896_2df5a9d937_o.png

10247582835_e1ab43c136_o.png

For what it's worth, I grabbed a lot of shots of BF4 @ 5120x2160 w/4xMSAA (no post AA) which cleaned up most of the aliasing. Higher res is still possible but requires some tricky SRWE.

9408987252_27abdf2cda_o.png

SRWE is the way for obtain clean images..but for take some action sequence screenshots is almost useless.

SRWE is the way for obtain clean images..but for take some action sequence screenshots is almost useless.

Yep. But for 5120x2160, I didn't need SRWE. I just set both of my monitors to 3840x2160 and put the game in windowed mode and stretched it across my screens. I had to to contend with the bezel, but it was fine.

If only SoftTH could be developed for DX11 games. That technique is going to become useless pretty quick.

Yep. But for 5120x2160, I didn't need SRWE. I just set both of my monitors to 3840x2160 and put the game in windowed mode and stretched it across my screens. I had to to contend with the bezel, but it was fine.

If only SoftTH could be developed for DX11 games. That technique is going to become useless pretty quick.

Do u have surround mate?

Sini

Qsx.png

Fucking 6 years old and this game still looks incredible.
Are you using a custom TOD? If yes then it's the only one that actually looks great.
Most of them have awful 90% black shadows that ruin everything and people actually think they look amazing.

It boggles my mind how people think this looks any good:
just made a few test pics from my modded game.
will try downsampling later.

crysis_2013_10_13_17_xajd6.png

Thorgal

Are you using a custom TOD? If yes then it's the only one that actually looks great.
Most of them have awful 90% black shadows that ruin everything and people actually think they look amazing.

That shot was taken at early sunrise.
if i put the time one hour further it looks a lot brighter and as i said i am still playing around with TOD.

Havel

It's the CCC Mod at level 5, along with the new Shader mod, Water, HD Foliage, HD Textures, and Extreme Particles. Also running on the Warhead Engine.

midhras

Tears in the rain is an user map. I have not tried that map, but I've seen a few screenshots, Trillville (creator of the map) has used original crytek textures and assets.

I thought that seeing as your textures are replacers, his custom map got auto-replaced, same as it would happen in Skyrim or other games. But I know little of the ins and outs of Crysis modding.

That said, you should take a look at the map. It's not finished, but it's quite well put together, I think.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Horrible horrible textures. Such a shame, because it has some potential. And this is the HD PC remake, huh? Piss. I bet they were expecting everyone to mainly stare at the cleavage and ass.

What kind of textures were you expecting from a 3DS port? And it wasn't a remake it was a port.

midhras

What kind of textures were you expecting from a 3DS port? And it wasn't a remake it was a port.

You're right of course. Well, in fact it's an MT Framework game, which means it's most likely originally ported to 3DS from PC, which makes the lack of great textures in the PC version understandable, but also quite unforgivable, especially since the game was supposedly 'redesigned'.
And what do I expect from a game released on PC? PC worthy graphics perhaps? They're tapping into a whole new cash flow. Hire some texture artists for it god dammit, even if it is a port.

"Resident Evil Revelations brings spine-chilling fear complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience." (1)

Arklite

iCkAFFm1WmKsY.png

iXM8DYq9kmoxc.png

And what do I expect from a game released on PC? PC worthy graphics perhaps? They're tapping into a whole new cash flow. Hire some texture artists for it god dammit, even if it is a port.

It's Capcom. The whole point of the port was pure profit after Revelaitons' slow sales on 3DS. They weren't going to spend a dime above the necessary for the port. Sorry if you feel burned, but this was expected by everyone who followed it.

midhras

It's Capcom. The whole point of the port was pure profit after Revelaitons' slow sales on 3DS. They weren't going to spend a dime above the necessary for the port. Sorry if you feel burned, but this was expected by everyone who followed it.

I didn't buy it, precisely because of the shitty port. I'm annoyed mostly because it's such pity: in essence it seems like a genuinely enjoyable game, even if not stellar.

Top Bottom