• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Customization Thread | For the Love of Nintendo...

Koppai

I saw a cool Gaffer made mockup for a Famicom N3DSXL, decided to make it a reality.

$12 for a Zelda cover plate from Nintendo.

$30 to create the decals, at a local design/print shop

$199 for a New Red N3DSXL

Maximum enjoyment from my beloved system + wholly authentic Nintendo-like design...

...Priceless!

That looks sexy as fuck :)

Kolma

I saw a cool Gaffer made mockup for a Famicom N3DSXL, decided to make it a reality.

Maximum enjoyment from my beloved system + wholly authentic Nintendo-like design...

...Priceless!

Welp, Time to throw out my Monster Hunter n3DS XL.
It is no longer sexy to me

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd imagine poorly, since you can only send stuff to friends over StreetPass, no?
Yeah, so I imagine it could still work say with school kids who meet each other everyday. It's just kind of funny to see references to an app that's basically dead.

Sinthetic

Forgot to post this adorableness here. UK version.

Kinda love it as much as my Boos.

gqwIsut.jpg

KZSa3Xw.jpg

Anime

Neo Member
Aside from the Smash Bros Cover Plate is there a diffrence between the Japanese and Europe cover plates? every plate i seen looks identical including the packaging.

...Priceless!

Oh my days! That's is gorgeous!

Holy... what are the chances it comes to the EU? :eek:

No way. It's clearly only a 43% chance. Of course that doubles to 86% if they decide to release both versions rather than just one combined copy, rather than separately (there's a 78% chance of this occurring, by my reckoning). And it stands to reason that if they release three versions (black, white, and premium price for both) there'd be a 129% chance.

TheMoon

No way. It's clearly only a 43% chance. Of course that doubles to 86% if they decide to release both versions rather than just one combined copy, rather than separately (there's a 78% chance of this occurring, by my reckoning). And it stands to reason that if they release three versions (black, white, and premium price for both) there'd be a 129% chance.

I think we need an expert to settle this.

fii8ux6.jpg

Ashkeloth

FE IF cover plate

After the minimalistic style of the Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS XL (that I still own and love), a faceplate plastered in anime characters doesn't appeal too much to me.

Not that it matters, really, since I still haven't bought a N3DS and if I was going to buy one, I'd probably get the XL which rules me out of getting any faceplates.

Hopefully Nintendo will still keep up their trend of releasing well-designed limited edition N3DS XLs for big games so I have a reason to pick one up eventually.

...Priceless!

You need to take a few more glamour shots and make a thread for this. Not sure if you realize just how fucking good both the design and the quality is, but it's really amazing. You could sell this thing.

I updated the thread with cover plate 61. It is coming out June 25th in JP.
Cover Plate No. 60 is MIA currently.

Edit: Japan seems to get a sweet FE If bundle with the regular n3DS

nom

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/596328211652411392[/tweet]

Splatoon cover looks great on black

Anime

Neo Member
AmiAmi and Amazon JP have the FireEmblem IF coverplate back in stock!

So what do you guys think, worth the price? I couldn't help but notice the premium , hopefully its due to it using a unique material like the wooden mario or glow boo.

kubus

AmiAmi and Amazon JP have the FireEmblem IF coverplate back in stock!

So what do you guys think, worth the price? I couldn't help but notice the premium , hopefully its due to it using a unique material like the wooden mario or glow boo.
Arghh, kept adding to cart but nothing happened. Sold out again now on Amazon :(

tiijj

Impotaku

Meh fire emblem does nothing for me but the splatoon one looks nice, another plate to the collection ordered.

Top Bottom