• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Customization Thread | For the Love of Nintendo...

Pachimari

I don't know. Maybe a stronger form of plastic as I had read on here that the default one were especially prone to scratches.

I asked a question, do you have to counter me with questions all of the time? Incredibly absurd and amusing.

TheMoon

I don't know. Maybe a stronger form of plastic as I had read on here that the default one were especially prone to scratches.

I asked a question, do you have to counter me with questions all of the time? Incredibly absurd.

The counter question was kinda supposed to serve as the answer. :)

rpmurphy

I noticed Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier themes are available on the NA theme store now.

Hopefully some of the Sega console themes will eventually come here too.

Chopper

The new themes are nice. I've bought them all, but in doing so have realised a "problem" with the Shuffle Favourites option, in as far as it switches the theme, but not any customised layouts. An option to combine those two features would be great.

Wolfe

So is that badge game still Japan only? I've already bought a nXL so I'm not worried about the standard size if they ever bring it out over here, most home screen customization would always be nice though.

Chopper

Have the Splatoon cover plates been available for preorder at Nintendo UK yet? I'm tempted to pull the trigger at AmiAmi now, but might just hold off til they're available here proper.

Egoz3ntrum

Neo Member
I couldn't find any high-res image of the cover plates:

gFuXhuJ.jpg

Labrys

Are themes on a schedule of some sort? I've just been wondering if we're ever going to get the Ace Attorney ones, I really wanted the 8bit one.

Highwind

Really wish Nintendo sold plain white/black cover plates. Can't find a white one anywhere (had an ambassador edition). :/

Impotaku

Splatoon faceplate finally arrived as i was waiting on some other stuff befor i got it all posted off.
IMG_0704%20res.jpg

Also took a close up of the plate on it looks really nice, this one is a glossy plate.
IMG_0706%20res.jpg

Navi

So confused. Some people are saying these faceplates can work on the old 3DS and some say they can't. ._. I dont have the new 3DS XL but I want to change my faceplate so badly

MicH

That AC HHD special edition XL looks great!

So confused. Some people are saying these faceplates can work on the old 3DS and some say they can't. ._. I dont have the new 3DS XL but I want to change my faceplate so badly
The faceplates are only for the New 3DS (not XL)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Faceplates can only be used on the regular n3DS.

3DS ✘
3DSXL ✘
2DS ✘
n3DS ✔
n3DSXL ✘

harpingon

Neo Member

Don't buy a new New 3DS XL if you want cover plates. The only work on a New 3DS

edit: well beaten :/

Although, I do wish you could put cover plates on a N3DS XL, and I have no idea why they didn't allow that. Except, maybe Nintendo.

tiijj

Argh... I missed it. It's up on Bic and Yodobashi but Bic won't take international credit cards and the Yodobashi "forgot password" link doesn't work. I made that account a million years ago and can't access it anymore. Ended up paying scalper prices for it via a third-party AmazonJP seller. Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Ouch, it was up for a few days at msrp. If it's like the FE plate it might go down to msrp (or even lower). I remember the FE plate inflated then went down to msrp and it even went below it (I think it went up a little but it's still below msrp)

Edit: It's around msrp right now but they are charging 350 yen shipping.

LayLa

shopto have a lot of stuff on sale including the following cover plates for £7.85 each
Mario/Luigi/Yoshi/Peach/Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire/Mario Pink/Black w Stars/Camouflage

Top Bottom