• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS First and Third-Party Upcoming Game List From Nintendo Press Site

7Th

PepsimanVsJoe said:
No shit.
Doesn't mean people can't be excited for what is probably the best line-up of any console.

PS3 had a similar list attached to it when it was first announced and most of it never came to anything. It's better to wait for actual announcements by the developers than to get excited over uncertain tentative listings.

NeoUltima

ziw39d.jpg

o5yixv.jpg

21l1gdf.jpg

Woffls

Oh my god.

I mean, I knew they'd always shift their focus back to core titles eventually... but not like this. As if the conference wasn't enough on its own, this list is just mindblowing. Seriously Nintendo, MAD. PROPS.

Rpgmonkey

Looks like a lot of people are on board, and I'm sure a lot of developers/series I like that weren't mentioned are probably going to be working on something for it as well.

God I hope this thing is region free...

linsivvi

Well, as with all system launch game lists, I am sure some games on that list will never materialize. But to see the amount of support they get right off the bat is amazing. I don't even really care about the 3D stuff, I just need a DS with updated graphics with analog control. Anything additional is just gravy.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Kororinpa? SMT? Dragon Quest? PILOTWINGS?

Sounds amazing...

No wonder where Japan has been lately. The sleeping giant finally awakens.

MNC

Nintendo is performing a fucking robbery on my wallet

and that whilst they usually print money! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just about every third party franchise and Nintendo first party game that I care about is already on that list :lol

This is just fucking unbelievably awesome.

NDS = PSone

3DS = PS2

This is going to be the best handheld generation ever. So good in fact that I declare myself a portable only gamer. 3DS is all I need.

Also, SOOTHSAYER!!!

Galang

Banned
^ Was just thinking 3DS = PS2 possibly.

Street Fighter too? Wow.

Doesn't look like third parties are going to drop the ball at launch this time, hopefully the system will ride the momentum and this will be constant. :D

Loads of normal maps and specular highting being used in those MGS shots! :D

Hell yes!

Most of the advanced shading from the PS3/360 version of SF4 is retained as well, as is the self shadowing. Hardware looks pretty beastly and probably better than the Wii! :lol :lol

Smo21

GDGF said:
Just about every third party franchise and Nintendo first party game that I care about is already on that list :lol

This is just fucking unbelievably awesome.

NDS = N64

3DS = PS2

This is going to be the best handheld generation ever. So good in fact that I declare myself a portable only gamer. 3DS is all I need.

Also, SOOTHSAYER!!!
yup

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
You know, if they're doing ports of classic 3D games, I would die (literally) for Ocarina of Time 3DS. It would be the best thing ever.

brain_stew said:
Loads of normal maps and specular highting being used in those MGS shots! :D

Hell yes!

Most of the advanced shading from the PS3/360 version of SF4 is retained as well, as is the self shadowing. Hardware looks pretty beastly and probably better than the Wii! :lol :lol

I'm not a graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination (this should be quite clear from my post history) but I'm sooooo happy to see this.

Modern effects >>>>>> raw throughput for the 3DS. If third parties are already making attractive tech demos for 3DS using modern graphical effects then I look forward to years of games made by dev teams that actually care and work hard to produce attractive games. :D

Ducarmel said:
what the hell ninty you resurrect some dead series but not F-Zero.
They may have a F-Zero Wii incoming and don't want to spoil it's announcement with a far superior 3DS entry. Don't worry though; F-Zero in 3D would be fucking EPIC and Nintendo knows it. It will come.

JudgeN

I'm assuming these are game that will eventually come out for the 3DS correct? Not the actual launch line up correct? I hope most of the stuff on this list aren't ports though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
JudgeN said:
I'm assuming these are game that will eventually come out for the 3DS correct? Not the actual launch line up correct? I hope most of the stuff on this list aren't ports though.
It's games currently in development.

The e3.nintendo site has images for a bunch of these games and ones not even mentioned, including MARIO VS. DK: MINI-LAND MAYHEM! for DS (the 4th installment out this holiday season) and a new IP called FlingSmash! for Wii...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah, posted this in other threads, but don't really see the need for Super Wii or Wii2 or whatever. Seriously, unless you just hate portable gaming, the 3DS seems about perfect.

Galang

Banned
Was it Megami Tensei that originally appeared on the DS launch list forever? I don't remember Persona ever being listed. In the end the DS still got SMTIV + Devil Survivor, so I'm very excited to see what Atlus has up their sleeves. In regards to Persona, the only thing I was hoping while playing 4 was that it was portable, got my wish with 3. :D

Top Bottom