• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Update Now Available: Adds Miiverse, L+R to activate camera, etc

qko

What's that little symbol next to Yeahs and Replies? it's like a little cube with a checkmark.

You know how on message boards you get those people that say something like "The Ending to Mass Effect 3 sucked! What an Effin disappointment". That little check box can tell you if that person actually even played the game to even take their opinion seriously.

sphagnum

Banned
Is there any way to unlink a NNID from the 3DS without deleting downloads? I linked together my girlfriend's 3DS and my Wii U this morning so that the eshop balances could combine and since my Wii U had the NNID already it transferred that account to the 3DS, although I ended up selecting my girlfriend's Mii as the NNID Mii. Now she's annoyed though because on Miiverse it looks like she's posting things that I'm posting on Wii U's Miiverse, so she wanted to just unlink it so that she can create her own account on the 3DS separate from mine on the Wii U.

I'm assuming this is impossible and the only way to do it would be to delete the NNID.

M3d10n

Is there any way to unlink a NNID from the 3DS without deleting downloads? I linked together my girlfriend's 3DS and my Wii U this morning so that the eshop balances could combine and since my Wii U had the NNID already it transferred that account to the 3DS, although I ended up selecting my girlfriend's Mii as the NNID Mii. Now she's annoyed though because on Miiverse it looks like she's posting things that I'm posting on Wii U's Miiverse, so she wanted to just unlink it so that she can create her own account on the 3DS separate from mine on the Wii U.

I'm assuming this is impossible and the only way to do it would be to delete the NNID.

If you delete the NNID it will delete both the 3DS and Wii U ones, no? Sounds like a bad idea. Maybe you can format the 3DS (without deleting the NNID) and create a new NNID there... but at this point it would be better to contact Nintendo instead of risking messing something up.

Khaz

If you haven't visited the 3DS eShop already, there may be a possibility: your eShop activity isn't yet linked to the NNID (as said in the screenshot posted above). Now you would have to unlink the NNID and the 3DS and you might need the help of Nintendo customer service to do that.

sphagnum

Banned
If you delete the NNID it will delete both the 3DS and Wii U ones, no? Sounds like a bad idea. Maybe you can format the 3DS (without deleting the NNID) and create a new NNID there... but at this point it would be better to contact Nintendo instead of risking messing something up.

Well, here's the thing. If I format it, then aren't all the games she bought on the 3DS still under the unified account? She wants her games on her 3DS separate from my account, but if I formatted the 3DS, the only way to redownload those games would be to reinstate the NNID right?

Guess I'll have to call support..

NeoRausch

OK, somebody help me out on this one:

my WiiU is used by two persons, me and my wife. each of us has an own NNID.
Each of us has a 3DS.
The WiiU holds about 25€ of cash.
My 3DS holds exactly 0.01€ and my wifes 3DS 2.05€.

later today I've merged my Wiiu and 3DS-Accounts.

everything was fine and worked. I've had something along the lines of 25 bucks on my account.
now my wife came home and wanted to do the same(register to the same amount of virtual cash on the same machine) and....(long fartnoise)
a grand if nothing.
her NNID registered perfectly but her account on the 3DS still showed the old 2.05 as before.

that was a disappointment.
any workarounds, GAF?

big_z

Does nnid replace your online name in games or is it still tied to your mii? can you still change your mii name after the update?

Also can you change your nnid name or is it like The playstation accounts where you're stuck with it for life?

D-e-f-

Banned
So if I have $37 on my 3DS and $12 on my WiiU, will it now show that I have $49 combined to spend?

I did the linking but I can't go any further. I get network error 011-3051.

I don't understand the complaint about system transfers being 5 limit. So is this the issue where if you have an original 3DS, then transfer to 3DS XL, and then to another system, that means you have used up 3 of the 5?

The way they worded it, it sounds like the limit is 5 when you use the same system.

Transfer limit was removed with this update.

you mean all purchase are tied to the consoles? no.

all purchases are tied to the NNID!

D-e-f-

Banned
It means that your previous account activity on the 3DS will not be transferred over to the NNID and will thus be only viewable on that particular 3DS, and not on any potential future services that use the NNID.

That's what I thought. What a clusterfuck.

?!?!?! How does it mean that. It says VIEWABLE. All your account activity is now registered in your NNID. You just can't look it up on other devices. That doesn't mean all your purchases up to this point are hanging in the air somewhere. Jesus.

Khaz

OK, somebody help me out on this one:

my WiiU is used by two persons, me and my wife. each of us has an own NNID.
Each of us has a 3DS.
The WiiU holds about 25€ of cash.
My 3DS holds exactly 0.01€ and my wifes 3DS 2.05€.

later today I've merged my Wiiu and 3DS-Accounts.

everything was fine and worked. I've had something along the lines of 25 bucks on my account.
now my wife came home and wanted to do the same(register to the same amount of virtual cash on the same machine) and....(long fartnoise)
a grand if nothing.
her NNID registered perfectly but her account on the 3DS still showed the old 2.05 as before.

that was a disappointment.
any workarounds, GAF?

The way you tell it it seems it worked as intended: the 25€ were transferred to your 3DS and combined to your 0.01€. Your wife combined her 2.05€ with the 0€ remaining on the WiiU.

Were you trying to duplicate those 25€? Because money doesn't work like that.

rpmurphy

The way you tell it it seems it worked as intended: the 25€ were transferred to your 3DS and combined to your 0.01€. Your wife combined her 2.05€ with the 0€ remaining on the WiiU.

Were you trying to duplicate those 25€? Because money doesn't work like that.
Yeah, there's no way to pool money from multiple NNIDs. Is it even possible on the Wii U itself? Probably not.

Platy

The miiverse communities are SERIOUSLY lacking some pretty basic stuff.

I mean ... no Mii Plaza games community ???

?!?!?! How does it mean that. It says VIEWABLE. All your account activity is now registered in your NNID. You just can't look it up on other devices. That doesn't mean all your purchases up to this point are hanging in the air somewhere. Jesus.
Why isn't it viewable?

MrCraigyBoy

Neo Member
Rainbow Road is pleasing to the eye:

zlCfzROaVtgreL0B_y

My Miiverse User ID is Craigulous - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Craigulous

2y7t6pw0yg1t2_surprised_face.png

Ghazi

Again Nintendo confuses people with how they name basic services.. Just don´t call it "link" and imagine login/logout instead. If you delete your psn/steam/nnid account - your stuff is gone. Of course. So you don´t want to "delete" your NNID if you want to use it later on a different device. Regarding your problem: You can login to your existing NNID with your 3DS. If you get a Wii U yourself call Nintendo to "logout" from your parents Wii U and to "login" on the new one since there is no System transfer app in the moment for the Wii U and you can only login to your NNID on one 3DS/Wii U at the time. Bullshit and difficult? Yes. But still possible.
Ugh, looks like that'll have to be what I do. Lame, but at least I can do it.

Yea if the Wii U styles are to be continued, the general chat section is YouTube.

It use to be Nintendo Land lol.

But yes a proper one would be nice too.

Im confused guys... I've got $30 in my 3ds eshop account..... Nothing shows up on my wii u eshop account? Is there something you have to do to switch it or?

I updated my 3ds... linked my NNID (same as the one on my wii u)... Is there another step i'm missing?

So when I went to the E-shop on the 3DS, I accidentally hit the skip option when it asked for my NNID. How do I get the option to login to appear again?

Weird that the Youtube community is considered a Wii U community when Youtube is available on 3DS as well.

This is a scenario where we have a community for LEGO Friends but NONE of the many quality 3DS download and eShop titles. It's all very, very weird. Thank god it's here at all. Nintendo are truly so WEIRD in how they operate man.

I have stuff on my 3DS I've downloaded from the UK eStore by region swapping temporarly, my 3DS is gonna be NNID'ed to NZ.... I will still be able to play my UK stuff right? As long as its all still on the 3DS, they don't block things currently from working?

But if I delete it or lose my 3DS the UK stuff will be gone forever?

I'm assuming thats how it works?

Top Bottom