• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

5qOu2Zd

Yeesh. So much for progress.

Jesus man

Is the Ashley clip modded, or is that straight from the 360?

Lime

I find it surprising that some journalists are saying they think the writing and general animation is acceptable. The stuff I have witnessed (about 5 hours of gameplay) is enough for me to not want to play it at full price.

I find it surprising that people think the game looks gorgeous, when the game has so much texture/geometry/model pop in.
Just watch Giant Bomb's stream. Driving through a barren desert and tiny bushes just pop-in right in front of you:
source.gif

This example isn't as bad either, but you can clearly see the middle tires clip through the new Mako. This stuff drives me nuts if there is enough of it--and boy there is plenty.

Yeah I saw that in the PAX Stream thread last week:

Looking through the PAX Stream, I find it kind of disappointing that Bioware didn't account for mesh clipping with the exploration vehicle when using one its primary mechanics:

LoKyltO

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I guess it's also partially on EA for rushing this cause it looks rushed. I guess I'll get it when the eventual 40gig patch fixes it.

A five year development cycle is anything but rushed. DA2 and ME3 can be laid at EA's feet for being rushed. But this game, this is all on Bioware.

Slaythe

That MP gif looks pretty ok, but MP is not the reason I play ME games...

Go tell that to EA, as they gave the MP team the entire game.

A five year development cycle is anything but rushed. DA2 and ME3 can be laid at EA's feet for being rushed. But this game, this is all on Bioware.

This is NOT Bioware. They literally picked one of their shitty studio and renamed it "Bioware" to fool all of us.

i-Lo

The more I see, the angrier I become. The fuck was I thinking putting down CAD $70+ for preordering this game whose fans deserve SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is literally just a few clicks away from cancelling the preorders because Bioware are silent about all this and whether these can be fixed with a patch. Truthfully, even then, I'm enabling the practice of and perpetuating the norm of releasing unfinished/unpolished products and having us pay full price for beta testing them before releasing patches.

Lime

This is NOT Bioware. They literally picked one of their shitty studio and renamed it "Bioware" to fool all of us.

Bioware Montreal was responsible for ME2: Arrival and ME3: Omega. They also have Manveer Heir (ME3) as game designer and they have Mac Walters (ME2-3) as the creative director.

All these gifs made me cancel my ps4 preorder plus I found it was made by the b-team I lost interest. I will wait it drops in price like Dragon Age inquisition in 1 year and is available for $5 on pc.

Please find some new pics I need to laugh more!

Aces&Eights

Go tell that to EA, as they gave the MP team the entire game.

That makes it Bioware by proxy, then. They consented to giving this to another team but still slapped their name on it for sales. They own it whether is sells great or poorly. You can't hand off an established IP to a lower tier team, insist your name be marketed as the creator of said game and when all hell breaks loose say, "That's not us!"

The more I see, the angrier I become. The fuck was I thinking putting down CAD $70+ for preordering this game whose fans deserve SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is literally just a few clicks away from cancelling the preorders because Bioware are silent about all this and whether these can be fixed with a patch. Truthfully, even then, I'm enabling the practice of and perpetuating the norm of releasing unfinished/unpolished products and having us pay full price for beta testing them before releasing patches.

You can't patch everything!!!

Deadstar

As much fun as I am having with this train wreck and I most certainly am.

This is one of the most offensive things that has come out of the community in a long time to me, not your post but the whole B Team thing and how it's used.

Its a new studio and a new engine and the vast majority of teams have issues with these things being combo'd and it really seems nasty the way that B Team has become so common and how in such a disrepectful manner to these studios who are getting going as part of a larger umbrella studio.

I agree with what you are saying but at the same time, if the game isn't good, it doesn't matter to me how hard or how many hours a team worked. EA should have held onto the game until it's ready.

eizarus

Banned

You don't sound happy about keeping the pre-order.....
which isn't a good thing to do as it is

I watched a stream last night for 5 hours, and the game is stunning, but the animations are pretty bad. And the gifs are not an exaggeration, they are that bad. Its hard to not put it on anyone but Bioware, I mean 5 years.

However, there are times you will be saying OMG, this is stunning.

Saya

Yeah, I wouldn't buy this game right away. Wait a few months until the dlc is released and pick up the goty (lol) or complete edition for 15 bucks. Perhaps they have patched some of the issues out as well.

some more DA: I animation appreciation gifs:

maybe Andromeda will become GAF's new punching bag and they'll finally leave my bae Inquisition alone

REMINDER: and that was running on PS360 (not the gifs but the game).

Incredible that ME4, which dropped the last gen tech baggage, cannot and does not look better than DA3.

gtvdave

Most of the problems you guys are pointing out are easily fixed. I just takes time and I am certain Bioware will take feedback to heart. Probably a rushed release.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That patented Patricia Hernandez missing the forest for the trees defense tho

The Horizon comparisons don't even make any sense. Horizon had moments where the lip syncing didn't match up with the lip movements. If that was all the problems Andromeda had, no sane person would be making a fuss. Except, Andromeda has characters who show nothing in regards to emotion, the facial animations and the eyes look dead, the walking animations are laughable, and there are some very suspect writing throughout. That's not even getting to the random and weird bugs and glitches, and the general lack of polish in comparison.

So yeah, going from Horizon to Andromeda, makes all of the latter game's issues stick out immensely.

Drazgul

Most of the problems you guys are pointing out are easily fixed. I just takes time and I am certain Bioware will take feedback to heart. Probably a rushed release.

Yeah I'm sure EA will take the considerable time and expense involved in re-doing a large amount of animations, they're so magnanimous like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom