• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah I'm sure EA will take the considerable time and expense involved in re-doing a large amount of animations, they're so magnanimous like that.

I mean.....maybe if the MP is making them enough money to offset the costs of paying for free single player improvements....we can dream, right?

pashmilla

Banned
on the plus side, this thread has inspired me to go back and finally play the original trilogy which has been sitting in my backlog for 84 years

5qOu2Zd

Yeesh. So much for progress.

Is the big twist in Andromeda that the initiative didn't send any humans, only robots?

Toxi

Banned
I think Sara Ryder's face looks fine outside the animation... But it also looks nothing like that facial model. 0_o

Metroidvania

That patented Patricia Hernandez missing the forest for the trees defense tho

Man, I must have missed this, but this is a hilariously weak retort.

I reviewed Horizon Zero Dawn last month, and I’d say that game had distractingly bad lip sync where the characters didn’t always make believable expressions...but most people overlooked that, because it had no bearing on the overall quality of the game.

'But what about Horizon, guys?'

Horizon has some bad lip sync among its NPCs (especially those with lesser side quests), sure, but Mass Effect, which is arguably MORE focused on its characters and the storytelling therein, has demonstrably worse animations, including lip sync, dead eyes, awkward body/skeleton rigging, and more....in the main cast, including the protagonist.

Mass Effect NEEDED this stuff to be kick-ass to make sure they got away from the stigma of ME3 as well as DA:I

Instead, they've just re-opened themselves to more shoddy work accusations, no matter what the real reason might be for whatever happened.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bioware Montreal was responsible for ME2: Arrival and ME3: Omega. They also have Manveer Heir (ME3) as game designer and they have Mac Walters (ME2-3) as the creative director.

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Sieden

Neo Member
I like Sara Ryder's face. Not every gaming character has to look like a top model.

I feel like they took this mentality to the absolute extreme in some high level design meetings, when considering her face model does in fact look like a top model.

Bioware was able to basically clone Shepard's face model back in 2007 so Sara's face isn't the result of a technical limitation.

ja30278

As much fun as I am having with this train wreck and I most certainly am.

This is one of the most offensive things that has come out of the community in a long time to me, not your post but the whole B Team thing and how it's used.

Its a new studio and a new engine and the vast majority of teams have issues with these things being combo'd and it really seems nasty the way that B Team has become so common and how in such a disrepectful manner to these studios who are getting going as part of a larger umbrella studio.

I'm sorry...what?

How is it 'offensive' to point out that a new team/studio is an unknown quantity, and therefore it's more of a gamble to trust them with a valuable IP?

More importantly, they seem to have produced worse work, which completely validates the point, and means that it was a bad gamble to trust them with a valuable franchise.

I'm legit shocked this much stuff is coming out. Like that's not normal.

Every game has some glitches, but there is tons already posted online of not just bizarre glitches but awful animation and weird things like characters just appearing and disappearing. Couple that with the awful frame rate on at least the Xbox One version and it's very clear something went really wrong with this games development. And it also really explains why the marketing cycle was so strange.

Who knows the game may end up ok at the end of the day but clearly there were some massive development problems

Beth Cyra

I'm sorry...what?

How is it 'offensive' to point out that a new team/studio is an unknown quantity, and therefore it's more of a gamble to trust them with a valuable IP?

More importantly, they seem to have produced worse work, which completely validates the point, and means that it was a bad gamble to trust them with a valuable franchise.

Its not just this title, people use it as a way to mock studios or products they don't like and I personally find it disgusting.

We see this alot when it comes to Dark Souls 2 and its becoming more and more common where a team has a game come out if it doesn't reach the exact expectations that team just gets labeled as the B Team and they are somehow lesser.

Also just because there are mistakes here doesn't mean it was wrong to hand it off to them exactly or at least until we know the circumstances to lead to this. Let alone the entire studio being branded with "B Team"

Beth Cyra

I agree with what you are saying but at the same time, if the game isn't good, it doesn't matter to me how hard or how many hours a team worked. EA should have held onto the game until it's ready.

Oh I agree with this completely, granted Im having a fun with all the .gifs but this game should never have been released in the state it's in.

So that kinda thing is cool, I just find the whole B Team nonsense to very ugly with the way it gets used.

We see this alot when it comes to Dark Souls 2 and its becoming more and more common where a team has a game come out if it doesn't reach the exact expectations that team just gets labeled as the B Team and they are somehow lesser.

I mean it sucks if you are the "B Team" but the fact is sometimes they are indeed lesser or a worse developer. Life isn't about making everyone feel good and ignoring truths.

If Andromeda comes out and is a step down from franchise norms, then this "B Team" is indeed a lesser developer.

Metroidvania

Another fine example where just darkening the irises makes a huge difference:

CLgNZux.jpg

Yep. Add maybe decreasing the pupil size just a little bit, and it makes a huge difference.

That looks so much better - it takes at least some of the 'dead eye stare' out of the picture.

Maybe she is supposed to have weird eyes. It happens.

I mean, if she does, so does the default Sara Ryder, and equally large problems are happening there as well, face-wise.

A-V-B

Another fine example where just darkening the irises makes a huge difference:

CLgNZux.jpg

Can't have been just darkening them? There is also extra dimensionality and shininess that I can't quite make out in the original.

Makes her look SO much more alive, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom