• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Nintendo Switch has been taken apart

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
34zz9Nu.jpg

Dat L-shaped heat pipe. FoxCon leak strikes again!

Did the Foxconn leak actually mention that? Can't remember right now.

Xdrive05

The battery looks easily replaceable. That's great! I'm planning to swap mine out myself whenever it gets a few too many cycles on it and loses capacity in a year or two, provided Nintendo overcharges too much to do it, which they probably will.

We need to get some electron scans of that custom chip!

34zz9Nu.jpg

Dat L-shaped heat pipe. FoxCon leak strikes again!

Yes, thats what's mentioned in the foxconn leak. But the leaks sounds just like a guy that took a look at the Switch GPU and went "it looks like a pascal GPU with A73" isn't that impossible just by looking at it?

ekim

HAC-EMMC, so a module for the internal memory (perhaps a single 32GB flash memory chip?).

It's on an extra PCB so Nintendo can use the main PCB for all different storage SKUs that might be coming in the future. At least that's my guess.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
So for a total pleb like myself, does this make it some kind of powerhouse like a PS4 portable?

I think all this reveals at this point is that the Switch is well-engineered and uses its small space about as efficiently as you could hope for. This isn't telling us clock speeds or really anything particularly useful about the custom Nvidia chip, afaik.

AetherZX

Yes, thats what's mentioned in the foxconn leak. But the leaks sounds just like a guy that took a look at the Switch GPU and went "it looks like a pascal GPU with A73" isn't that impossible just by looking at it?

I didn't see that part in the improved translation.

Uh no. Internal storage. What are you smoking?

It look like a wifi module to me at a glance. I said it was internal storage after looking closer. See my previous post.

I think a lot of people here are oblivious to the fact that you can enlarge these images lol

Give me a break, I'm on my phone

So that means you can't get a third party extended battery.

We've known that for awhile. The said the battery was non removable forever ago. Also look at it this way, it has the biggest battery you could possibly get.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I wonder what's size of the chip?

Meanwhile enjoying the enthusiasm of a J-looking pipe confirming an L looking Foxconn leak plus A2=Pascal. /jk

This thread should be fun.

Edited to highlight that I was joking.

Top Bottom