• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Tour of Sonic Lost World - IGN

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Confirmation that Amy is in this game aside, that looked absolutely stunning. I don't know if I'm gonna have the willpower to resist getting a Wii U when this comes out. God I hope the Wii U has a price drop later this year.

CronoShot

Technically it looks pretty bad. If I had not known to begin with, I would have thought it was a Wii game. Lots of pop-in, and Sonic's model looks kind of terrible judging by those transition sequences. Hopefully all that means it's locked at 60fps.

EDIT: Holy shit I'm a colossal idiot. I was watching 3DS footage. Looks damn good for 3DS. The Wii U version still isn't terribly impressive graphically, but it looks smooth to me.

That said, I really like that they're finally bringing platforming back to 3D Sonic, instead of "hold down the dash button and occasionally jump" that Unleashed, Generations, and to a lesser extent, Colors did.

Doesn't really work for me, and the depth perception made me kinda dizzy, but I guess that's a compliment to the level designers.

sonic_1_screen.jpg

Ah, better.

Galang

Banned
Hah, moving from "Planet" to "Planet" looks EXACTLY like Mario Galaxy. Instead of stars it's Bumpers. Definitely can't dismiss the influence now despite the X-Treme influence also. Looks amazing

Camera looks problematic in places (first jumping onto cloud it didn't change perspective so impossible to judge distance). Also, is it me or does this not look nearly as good as the press screens we got? Maybe it's the crappy YT quality but it looks like a Wii game. I think it still has a ways to go but it's a good start.

J@hranimo

Banned
I have no problems with Sonic Galaxy. I hope the speed levels are really fast-paced like Desert Ruins 2.

Also, those pancakes in the background of Desert Ruins 1.

Berg

Totally different from what i expected. Havn't played a sonic game in awhile. Looks like a demo is incoming?

Tuck

Amazing, I love the 3rd level at the end of the video.

I loved how different all the levels were. Great variety.

Its a fairly drastic departure from the Unleashed style of gameplay, which is disappointing, as that was so much fun. But this looks really, really good.

That said, I really like that they're finally bringing platforming back to 3D Sonic, instead of "hold down the dash button and occasionally jump" that Unleashed, Generations, and to a lesser extent, Colors did.

Generations had plenty of platforming in the 3D stages. See: Sky Sanctuary, as an example.

I love all the classical touches to the game so far, like old sonic cd enemies in the sweets world.

I kind of want, looks like it plays slower like sonic 1 then the games have been lately.

3rd stage reminds me of chaotix 3D special stages

Azure J

The Desert Ruins third act with the honeycombs and running looked like Terminal Velocity on crack. I fucking NEEEEEEED this game.

Seda

I think it looks great. A lot of variety. First level had quite a bit of 3d platforming, 2nd was completely 2d, and 3rd was kind of an Unleashed styled memorize the level type

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I've skipped some of the recent games, but this pretty much looks like an overhauled 3D Sonic both mechanically and aesthetically. And based in those three levels it's further along in development than expected; what they showed looked really polished. Color me impressed.

haikira

Just watched the video in the OP. I'm definitely on board. Gimme day one.

Took a quick look over the 3DS footage. Actually looks surprisingly good. Better than i would have expected.

idlewild_

Looks fun, I assume this is the 3DS version? Looks like Galaxy, but I haven't really kept up with the more recent 3D sonic games to know if they've gone this route before.

This looks fucking brilliant.

wow. Did I just say that about a Sonic game? Guess it's that Nintendo influence/supervision.

Yeah both the 3DS and Wii U games scream NINTENDO MADE THIS. It's Mario Galaxy and SML 3D but with Sonic. If the controls are tight and precise, these games are in my future.

Looks fun, I assume this is the 3DS version? Looks like Galaxy, but I haven't really kept up with the more recent 3D sonic games to know if they've gone this route before.

Video in the OP is Wii U. Videos linked below it are 3DS.

The gameplay looks pretty good to me. Glad to see lots of platforming in addition to running segments. I liked the music to. Can't wait to see more of this. I'm talking about the 3DS videos at this point.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Technically it looks pretty bad. If I had not known to begin with, I would have thought it was a Wii game. Lots of pop-in, and Sonic's model looks kind of terrible judging by those transition sequences. Hopefully all that means it's locked at 60fps.

You were watching the 3DS footage....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Looks absolutely phenomenal. Day one.

Edit: Just saw the 3DSversion. Day one on both. Wow.

Yeah both the 3DS and Wii U games scream NINTENDO MADE THIS. It's Mario Galaxy and SML 3D but with Sonic. If the controls are tight and precise, these games are in my future.

Yeah, at this point I am not sure whether they're going to release new Mario 3D platform by the end of the year, since this is a sort of Mario galaxy and I gather they ought to push it heavily.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised.

It look like they used new ideas will trying to evolve.

Looks great.

The diversity in the levels feel a lot like Colors...in a good way.

nikos

This really looks great on the Wii U. The video held my attention the entire time. Looks like fans finally might be getting the next great Sonic game they've been waiting for.

Top Bottom