• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Tour of Sonic Lost World - IGN

hawk2025

Yep, I'm sold.

Love the variety, the gameplay, the dense levels with tons of paths and secrets, as well as the two speeds.

Krowley

Some of the platforming looks pretty intricate, but it has plenty of speed sections too, and the level design is appropriately complex. As a fan of the old-school sonic games, I'm very impressed. It almost looks like they've actually captured 2D sonic in 3D, and they did it by basically copying and pasting Mario Galaxy concepts.

VanWinkle

The 3DS game looks like Sonic has the normal movement of other Sonic games, at least from this 2D level, meaning no separate run button. May be wrong, but I hate that if so. I know that's how Sonic normally is, but I've never been a fan of how fast he always is.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Desert Ruins third act with the honeycombs and running looked like Terminal Velocity on crack. I fucking NEEEEEEED this game.
You read my mind. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Now I have to get a Wii U.

This is 3DS gameplay?

Excuse me. I think I need to wake up a little more because I think I'm dreaming.

Kazerei

Banned
Looks great! The 3DS game is understandably a bit uglier, but the framerate looks smooth. I'll probably just get the Wii U game for that 2 player support mode.

NotLiquid

Wii U version looks fantastic, love how much control is in it and it looks incredibly fun and creative.

3DS version seems surprisingly faithful and seems to be worth picking up too.

Someone should combine all the videos in the OP and clarify which are 3DS and which are Wii U to avoid some confusion.

Done. That better?

Lol I just realized I was watching the 3DS version. Okay, so that explains why it didn't look quite up to par. ;) That makes me feel a bit better.

zroid

Banned
i'm definitely liking the variety from level to level.

wow you guys ain't kidding -- the 3DS version looks really good

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The music doesn't really fit with the new pace of the game, does it?

It looks okay, I think this is one of those games where I'm really going to need to play it for myself.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm also stunned by how good the 3DS version looks. A little pop-in here and there, but really pretty to the eye.

Yeah, not like you'll notice it in gameplay, you barely noticed the pop-in in Mario 3D Land either and it has a slower pace.

How does the 3DS version look so good? I mean, we saw screens before, but I assumed the frame rate would be ass. This actually looks on par with Mario 3D Land.

Done. That better?

Much better. Thank you for doing that.

Is it just me or is Nintendo RARE-ifying Sega? In other words making similar games to Nintendo in different worlds with slightly different mechanics, but very high quality. Exciting. What used to be nice about Rare is they'd provide games in between Nintendo releasing games.

Akey

Banned
Looks good. bare in some places on that first level but other then that good. Maybe it will be part of the best buy demos?

MarkusRJR

Wow that 3DS version looks incredible. So does the Wii U version, but that one makes me dizzy.

So it seems this is the Sonic Colors team. I wonder what the Generations team is up to.

Empty

actually got a bit giddy watching that windy hill zone level on 3ds

i like how the spherical worlds allow them to replicate the multiple routes of 2d sonic in 3d

Bruiserk

Wow, I watched the 3DS footage before OP clarified which videos were which. I had no problem thinking that was console gameplay. Pleasantly surprised by this.

Transitioning to the different zones looks weird though.

The 3DS game looks like Sonic has the normal movement of other Sonic games, at least from this 2D level, meaning no separate run button. May be wrong, but I hate that if so. I know that's how Sonic normally is, but I've never been a fan of how fast he always is.

Well you do have a slide pad, so maybe you walk if you just push forward a bit.

But Sonic going fast is kinda the whole point of the series.

Top Bottom