• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler: The cheering in the audience is not coming from the press...

Microsoft is like a slimy villain from an old Disney. Sony is also a villain, but more elegant. Nintendo is this:
it-pennywise-basement.jpg

mantidor

My favorite crowd reaction was when Nintendo started mentioning a bunch of third parties and they mentioned THQ.

Everyone laughed.

Ok now I feel kind of bad D: but yeah despite the fact that we will be missing awesome gifs I'm glad Nintendo is not doing a live conference, this thing is expected but it doesn't stop it from being tacky and distracting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty obvious. Few people would instantly cheer for fantasy stats, and even fewer in the gaming press.

Heretic

What's wrong with MS employees cheering for their hard work? MS said this reveal was about them and to celebrate their hard work.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
They did the same thing during the cult meeting-- er, the Kinect Reveal event where we all had to wear ponchos.. a lot of the 'cheering' was being piped in through the stadium speakers.

Meelow

Banned
My favorite crowd reaction was when Nintendo started mentioning a bunch of third parties and they mentioned THQ.

Everyone laughed.

Ok now I feel kind of bad D: but yeah despite the fact that we will be missing awesome gifs I'm glad Nintendo is not doing a live conference, this thing is expected but it doesn't stop it from being tacky and distracting.

Wasn't that for 3DS? People clapped when they saw "Saint's Row coming to 3DS"

Not surprising. The crowd going ape shit for being able to zoom in an out with your hands was hilarious. Didn't they do the same at E3 06? Bunch of college shills cheering everything. But at least the 360 reveal was nothing but new gaming experiences(lol).

Knoxcore

I said the same thing about the PS4.

Now, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that only console to impress me this new gen is the Wii U purely because it actually offered something innovative and new.

I will say that the XboxOne reveal was a lot better than the PS4 reveal though. They at least had an actual console and a new I.P. to show. The PS4 event was pretty much just to advertise the 8GBDDR5 which I bet money is going to fail to live up to the hype just like the Cell.

I don't think you saw the PS4 event. We may not have seen a box, but we knew what was inside of it. If a box design is so important to you, then gaming isn't for you. Besides, Sony actually demoed a game and the majority of the games we saw was ingame/inengine footage. MS was focused on media and Kinect. Yes, I get it, wait for E3! We got a EA Sports trailer, a Forza 5 trailer (which didn't look so good imo). Quantum Break was interesting but I had no idea wth it was. CoD was same ole CoD.

Spinluck

Now, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that only console to impress me this new gen is the Wii U purely because it actually offered something innovative and new.

I will say that the XboxOne reveal was a lot better than the PS4 reveal though. They at least had an actual console and a new I.P. to show. The PS4 event was pretty much just to advertise the 8GBDDR5 which I bet money is going to fail to live up to the hype just like the Cell.

So, you didn't watch the PS4 reveal then?

sleepykyo

They're called plants, and populate most major press conferences. The obnoxious hollaring at every Sony and Microsoft E3 is exactly this.

Aren't they at all televised/streamed events? I remember going to watch the CGS thing for DOA4 and finding out paid audience was a thing. And thinking damn, my dumbass was filling a seat for free.

Tuck

Yeah some of the applause came at really minor, insignificant announcements, and they were far too enthusiastic.

They really over did it hollering at every single insignificant thing, totally made it obvious. I wonder why Sony didn't do it for their PS4 even though when they usually do it at E3.

krizzx

So, you didn't watch the PS4 reveal then?

Yes I did. Well, for a most of it. I got bored and decided to just wait for someone to do a writeup for it.

From what I did see, the PS4 event was all about "showing off". They advertised their specs and showed some tech demo with prettier versions of the same thing that we've been seeing for 3 generations now. It was pretty much Sony flashing their genitalia to the industry again like they did with the PS3 and the Cell. Only they had far less to show this time.

This event gave something substantial even if it was boring.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yes I did. Well, for a most of it. I got bored and decided to just wait for someone to do a writeup for it.

From what I did see, the PS4 event was all about "showing off". They advertised their specs and showed some tech demo with prettier versions of the same thing that we've been seeing for 3 generations now. It was pretty much Sony flashing their genitalia for people obsessed with specs and graphics.

They showed a lot of games.

So you didn't actually know what the PS4 reveal was about.

Waaghals

From what I did see, the PS4 event was all about "showing off". They advertised their specs and showed some tech demo with prettier versions of the same thing that we've been seeing for 3 generations now. It was pretty much Sony flashing their genitalia for people obsessed with specs and graphics.

Isn't this what everyone is doing?
Even Nintendo has played it relatively safe with many of their core franchises.

jaypah

That much was obvious. I liked some of what they showed but the PS4 meeting's clearer focus on games naturally rates it higher. Still interested in what MS has for E3 though.

Hilarious. Awesome. Keep on preaching it. Want me to pinpoint what we saw here and what Sony showed off 3 months ago?

Akainu

Le Fuck?

From what I did see, the PS4 event was all about "showing off". They advertised their specs and showed some tech demo with prettier versions of the same thing that we've been seeing for 3 generations now. It was pretty much Sony flashing their genitalia to the industry again like they did with the PS3 and the Cell. Only they had far less to show this time.

h-holy shit lol

Top Bottom