• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Afrodamus Reads the Tea Leaves of Online Store Listings: XB1 All-Digital Related

DonF

Didn't he just post a screenshot showing the Switch was also sponsored and it doesn't mean anything for the best selling results?
Exactly.

He searches for BEST SELLING, NEW and CONSOLE.

And the first result is the xbox one digital.

So he thinks that its the best selling console. But it comes as first cause its SPONSORED, not because its in fact the best selling console....get it? Switch also shows up cause its also sponsored. It means nothing!

Gamernyc78

Banned
Didn't he just post a screenshot showing the Switch was also sponsored and it doesn't mean anything for the best selling results?

That still doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything. Where is his proof tht that means it's best selling. On any site whenever we see a sponsored product just like on Amazon it shoots up to the top irregardless of sales and it eventually makes its way down at times. That is the norm.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Man reading comprehension sure isn't your strong suit.

Let me break it down for you because you and the other guy seem to be the only ones having problems here.

1. Xbox One S all digital best selling console at best buy - True

2. Xbox One digital best selling XBOX CONSOLE at Wal-mart- True

3. Xbox digital #14 among XBOX CONSOLES - True.

Come on guys, try harder.
"First rule of NeoGaf, never attempt to make a semi positive Xbox related thread. 2nd rule of NeoGaf, nev...'

fight_club_2.png

Gamernyc78

Banned
Dude, Open YOUR LINK the one you provided HERE

You provide that link as FACT that
Xbox One All Digital Console is still the #1 selling console at Best Buy

And the console is nowhere to be found, its just first cause its a SPONSORED POST.

The god damn console is nowhere to be found in the top 100 of amazon in videogames, yet you think that its FIRST at BEST BUY and FIRST in the XBOX only category in walmart...damn...

Thats some gold medal mental gymnastics right there...

Here...🏅

you've earned it.

Yo, don't waste your time, homie on that mountain dew soda and no matter what you say it'll be a know it all situation.

Thats why I posted that top Amazon link, that shit selling like hot ass!!! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
The god damn console is nowhere to be found in the top 100 of amazon in videogames,

I literally posted a link in the OP showing that it was #14 among Xbox consoles. You're reading comprehension is failing you very badly here. Please stop before you make yourself look like a bigger idiot.

And the console is nowhere to be found, its just first cause its a SPONSORED POST.

I posted to you before the Switch that was in 4th place is also a sponsored post. Yet it was 4th place.

Also I noticed you never talked about Wal-mart at all. Seems more like you desperately fanboying.

Keep in mind I am one of those people that though the All digital was going to fail, so before you accuse me of spinning check yourself.

"First rule of NeoGaf, never attempt to make a semi positive Xbox related thread. 2nd rule of NeoGaf, nev...'

It's funny because I'm being accused of spinning positive news on a SKu I though would fail, and spend many posts in this thread fighting against people arguing its better for convenience.

Crazy stuff.

DonF

I literally posted a link in the OP showing that it was #14 among Xbox consoles. You're reading comprehension is failing you very badly here. Please stop before you make yourself look like a bigger idiot.

I posted to you before the Switch that was in 4th place is also a sponsored post. Yet it was 4th place.

Also I noticed you never talked about Wal-mart at all. Seems more like you desperately fanboying.

Keep in mind I am one of those people that though the All digital was going to fail, so before you accuse me of spinning check yourself.
Oh boy do I have news for you. It looks like we checked so many times that the SPONSORED post ran out of clicks.

Take a look again, maybe in incognito mode. The Sponsored post sometimes doesnt even show up.

You don't know how this thing works. I won't insist any more, cause its clear that you don't know how any of this thing works.

Also, I don't care about walmart. You are selectively just choosing the xbox category.

But I checked AGAIN and...Riddle me this...why is the BEST SELLER TAG placed on top of the SECOND RESULT??

Maybe cause the first is sponsored and walmart didn't put a disclaimer ?

Ns8SoY7.png

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
That reading comprehension keeps getting worse every minute.

Not only is this in the OP, this ones even in the thread title

Did you even click the link? To difficult for you?

You trying tooooo hard. Once the console has sponsored by its name it means shit if it's in the first spot. Seems reading comprehension alludes you and you know you always try to be one of the "know it alls" on here. Dude above showed you in so many ways how that sponsor tag makes it move on top but your so one track minded and think your always right you cant see through the green mist. Trust me I know exactly what your saying 😁I'm just showing you it isn't selling well anywhere else so why would it be number one at Target? Lol

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain Gamersync is your alt based on you guys posting at once and stopping at the same time over and over again.

Anyway,

Maybe cause the first is sponsored and walmart didn't put a disclaimer ?

So what you're saying is you see there's no sponsored tag on wal-mart, but decided that in your imaginary world it exists and just hidden. That's some desperation.

you don't know how this thing works. I won't insist any more, cause its clear that you don't know how any of this thing works

I literally posted a picture of the grey switch in 4th place being sponsored.

Yeah you're done, Troll somewhere else.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Sponsored Products are displayed within search results and on product detail pages. Sponsored Brands also appear "within search results in prominent positions" . Both Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands may appear on desktop and mobile browsers or in the mobile app.

And I quoteee

"within search results in prominent positions"

This may be Amazon and not target but thts how "sponsored" products work in general!!!!

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
This link isn't even organized by best sellers and includes third-party sellers.

This thread is a mess.

Of course not it just says "best sellers" by Switch and PS4 with no Xbox to be found 😁. And was what I got when I you know Google "best console sellers at Walmart"

I already gave definition of sponsored products and how those products get placed in prominent places/positions. It's easy to understand this thread is a farce and in no way states Digital Xbox console is a best seller. Google best sellers all you want from any store like I did and never pops up.

Last edited:
Ok I'm going to have to need the mod that changes the title to PM me so I can show him how to actually read and how the links actually work. Because we have people posting links that don't even organize by best selling, and people posting links that ignore what I actually wrote in the OP. No to mention the picture BY ME showing directly that "sponsored" doesn't mean anything and the Nintendo console that was #4 on the list was also sponsored.

What is the point of being a mod if you wont' even read the damn thread?

Gamernyc78

Banned
Ok I'm going to have to need the mod that changes the title to PM me so I can show him how to actually read and how the links actually work. Because we have people posting links that don't even organize by best selling, and people posting links that ignore what I actually wrote in the OP. No to mention the picture BY ME showing directly that "sponsored" doesn't mean anything and the Nintendo console that was #4 on the list was also sponsored.

What is the point of being a mod if you wont' even read the damn thread?

I sent you a whole link and post about what "Sponsor" means in the advertising world (specifically Amazon items as an example) and how sponsored items get put in prominent places because their paid for.

I'm done with this thread though. I'll wait for the actual sales if we ever get any from Microsoft which I'm sure we won't.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Says this but the mod apparently got enough information to make a title change. Quite interesting. It's almost like they didn't read the thread.

Didn't even notice the thread title change. Thanks for pointing tht out to me.

BTW the "of course not" was sarcasm. When I Google tht Walmart link I literally typed in "best selling consoles at Walmart" and thts what popped up.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

fight_club_2.png

Is it really though?

I am seeing posts picking apart "fake news".

Do you really want "fake news" to be your consideration of a "positive"? Or do you want real positive news? You act as if you are new to the spinmaster flash trinity.

And this goes both ways and you know it in the console war.

Last edited:
I sent you a whole link and post about what "Sponsor" means in the advertising world

No you didn't you posted an Amazon link, not a Best Buy link for what sponsored means. You also continue to ignore the fact that the grey switch is also sponsored, I posted an actual screen showing this. You're playing just finding random ways to spin it. Yo even admitted your wal mart link (which doesn't have the word sponsored) wasn't even organized by best selling.

Thing the mod would have seen if they maybe waited before making title changes.

BTW the "of course not" was sarcasm. When I Google tht Walmart link I literally typed in "best selling consoles at Walmart" and thts what popped up.

Except it isn't organized by best selling unless you think that the Atari Flashback and Sega Genesis are outselling Xboxs and PS4's.

I also never said it was number 1 selling in Walmart, I said it was the best Xbox One console in walmart.

Also still waiting on that mod to explain their decision because it's looking pretty bad.

thelastword

Banned
The real question is; why do you need a disc-less system to go digital? The price differential from a system with a bluray drive is not worth it..... At the odd chance that you may want to buy a game disc or bluray movie for whatever reason in the future, you don't have that option with SAD.

I'm totally digital this gen and I still won't trade my blu-ray drive....

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
We have no idea what to conclude based on these listings...and therefore the thread title update is accurate regardless of what is correct or not.

Where'd the XB1 All Digital Edition go? Why's it only at the top which you specifically limit the search results by price ranges? It's not on the first page at all when you remove the price filters.
Aj1eObU.png

Gamernyc78

Banned
Except it isn't organized by best selling unless you think that the Atari Flashback and Sega Genesis are outselling Xboxs and PS4's.

I also never said it was number 1 selling in Walmart, I said it was the best Xbox One console in walmart.

Also still waiting on that mod to explain their decision because it's looking pretty bad.

Bro what sponsored means was explained to you even if it was an Amazon example it is the same at other retailers. Companies pay to get their products seen at the top.

Give it up man! You cannot prove that The discless Xbox has been top selling product at Best Buy or wherever you said for three weeks and that onus is on you the thread maker, if not it's just false info.

Gamernyc78

Banned
We have no idea what to conclude based on these listings...and therefore the thread title update is accurate regardless of what is correct or not.

Where'd the XB1 All Digital Edition go? Why's it only at the top which you specifically limit the search results by price ranges? It's not on the first page at all when you remove the price filters.
Aj1eObU.png

This!!!! What we all have been saying.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The real question is; why do you need a disc-less system to go digital? The price differential from a system with a bluray drive is not worth it..... At the odd chance that you may want to buy a game disc or bluray movie for whatever reason in the future, you don't have that option with SAD.

I could not agree more. It is my firm belief that it's conditioning (marketing says "option"), to see if it could take off to never have physical media. Shades of 2013.

And I would say the same no matter who puts one out. It is not like they changed the form factor or anything to make it an aesthetic benefit either. It is the same thing, but slot-less.

[/SPOILER]

Sorry this doesn't work.

You only have an issue with ONE of the three sources (The claim that it's the best selling XBOX CONSOLE in walmart is shown clearly in the link, and the Amazon #14 of XBOX CONSOLES is also clear in the link.)(Notice you didn't mention either of those in this post and only Best Buy.)

So you only have an issue with Best Buy, you ADMIT you DON'T KNOW what to conclude...

BUT YOU CHANGE THE TITLE in a way that clearly throws the thread under the bus as if it was entirely wrong and that you DID come to a conclusion?

Couldn't you come up with a more neutral thread title? You don't see WHY your thread title change would be a problem and cause people to come to certain conclusions despite you saying "We had no idea what to conclude"????

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I could not agree more. It is my firm belief that it's conditioning (marketing says "option"), to see if it could take off to never have physical media. Shades of 2013.

And I would say the same no matter who puts one out. It is not like they changed the form factor or anything to make it an aesthetic benefit either. It is the same thing, but slot-less.
I said it was too expensive then...and I honestly can't believe this. No way even if I didn't have an Xbox, that I would buy a discless one unless it was less than $200. I'm wondering if these are collector's buying these things? I just don't understand the value with this.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Again all we have to do is look at Pstv that had the Psnow app and basically was a digital console that allowed you to put vita carts in it. Most ppl bought it for the digital aspect and small form factor but it didnt take off even at 100 or so. Most don't want this future yet.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Again all we have to do is look at Pstv that had the Psnow app and basically was a digital console that allowed you to put vita carts in it. Most ppl bought it for the digital aspect and small form factor but it didnt take off even at 100 or so. Most don't want this future yet.

I bought it when they blew them out for $20 at Best Buy years ago, and it is still sitting in the box never used. I had plans to make it a retro box, but have yet to have the motivation to.

I don't know what the discless Xbox is $249. It should be $200. I got an Xbox One X as a media player for just under $400 and they threw in a free copy of Fallout 76.

Breakage

Yeah, I made a similar point in one of the reveal threads. The way the SAD model is being marketed makes it appear as if you can go “all digital” only with the SAD model.
The truth is you can go all digital with all Xboxes – even original 2013 Xbox – if you really wanted to. People buying the SAD are buying an Xbox with reduced functionality and nothing to make up for it.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Sorry this doesn't work.

You only have an issue with ONE of the three sources (The claim that it's the best selling XBOX CONSOLE in walmart is shown clearly in the link, and the Amazon #14 of XBOX CONSOLES is also clear in the link.)(Notice you didn't mention either of those in this post and only Best Buy.)

So you only have an issue with Best Buy, you ADMIT you DON'T KNOW what to conclude...

BUT YOU CHANGE THE TITLE in a way that clearly throws the thread under the bus as if it was entirely wrong and that you DID come to a conclusion?

Couldn't you come up with a more neutral thread title? You don't see WHY your thread title change would be a problem and cause people to come to certain conclusions despite you saying "We had no idea what to conclude"????
I only entered the thread and read your op because of the funny new thread title :).

A.Romero

All this could be clarified when we get April's numbers... Regretfully Microsoft won't share them.

However, I'm sure they would make an announcement if their brand new console is the best selling console.

I think we could get a more accurate reading by launching a GAF survey

Afro is both right and wrong in this thread.

For Walmart he is correct, for Xbox Consoles only the Xbox One Digital is number 1.

For Amazon he is right, it is #14 among Xbox consoles only.

For Best Buy the sponsored listings are very confusing so please pay attention to how this works and you can replicate the steps I'm about to tell you:

With the link in the OP you see that the top 3 are The Xbox One Digital, the Colored Switch, and the Black Switch. OP is right that the Black Switch is also sponsored, but wrong about this list showing the Xbox One Digital is the best selling console. The truth is none of the Best Buy results will show the best selling console because it replaced the Sponsored listing based on price.

Follow This- in the OPs Best Buy link notice the top 3 are the Xbox One Digital, Colored Switch, and Black Switch.

-Now, remove the $200-249 price.

-Notice that the sponsored listing removes the Xbox One Digital, but it moves the Black Switch from third place to first now being the new sponsored item. Passing the colored Switch to become 1st place.

Best Buy replaced the Sponsored listing based on price, not quantity. This is because Best Buy always has a sponsored listing at the top of the page. So when you only have items that are $300 or more, the Xbox One Digital is removed and the next sponsored listing that's available moves to the top.

So In conclusion, Afro is correct about Amazon and Walmart, but is mostly wrong with Best Buy other than the fact that the Switch was also sponsored. Which is true because it replaces the Xbox One Digital.

The problem is there's no way to know how well the Xbox One Digital is doing on Best Buy, and that's not the only console that has this problem. Best Buy doesn't provide a definitive list.

I wouldn't say this thread is completely useless since the Walmart chart does show it's the best selling model (just make sure you click walmart.com only), and it is #14 on Amazon for Xbox Consoles only. So we can make a prediction but we can't really say anything concrete.

Top Bottom