• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Working on a Digital Xbox Series X in White Color

Don Carlo

From Source:
Microsoft is currently working to release a white-colored Xbox Series X with no disc reader, sources close to eXputer have revealed confidential footage to confirm it to us.
We currently do not have accurate information depicting the price of this console, but since it’s digital-only, the white Xbox Series X could be $50-$100 lower than the MSRP of the current Xbox Series X with 1 TB storage.
Beyond the color switch-up and the lack of an optical disc drive (ODD), the other changes made to the white Xbox Series X shown to us include an improved heatsink and an upgraded Nexus card as opposed to the one on the current Xbox Series X. We are unable to share images of the new console at the time due to the secrecy of the matter.
This is from eXtas1s, btw. I presume GAF knows the guy already?

I'm sure they aren't selling Series X because it's black and has a disc drive....

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You know, for all the crap people give them for the "adorable" internal marketing line, everyone that's ever actually seen a Series S is usually shocked by how slim and compact it really is in person. If this is a significantly slimmed down Series X, it will probably be nice build quality at the very least. I haven't used the disc drive on mine once.

FrankWza

Very few people bought the series X on fire sale prices. Why would they buy a $50-100 (which would still be more expensive than the fire sale price) cheaper series X with less features.
My thoughts exactly. But stranger things have happened

Tsaki

Obviously we had the FTC leaks that confirmed its existence, but I remember other insiders coming out and saying that it was cancelled after all (was it Corden?)

Elysium44

Banned
Very few people bought the series X on fire sale prices. Why would they buy a $50-100 (which would still be more expensive than the fire sale price) cheaper series X with less features.

Isn't it supposed to be 2TB? Although again, I doubt that would particularly prompt people who haven't already got one to buy, but who knows.

Elysium44

Banned
You know, for all the crap people give them for the "adorable" internal marketing line, everyone that's ever actually seen a Series S is usually shocked by how slim and compact it really is in person. If this is a significantly slimmed down Series X, it will probably be nice build quality at the very least. I haven't used the disc drive on mine once.

The Series S is the best looking console this generation imo, seriously. And great value. (Try building a PC for anything like the same specs and price.)

Darsxx82

That's not to say the possibility isn't true, in fact it's almost a 90/10 bet. But the source (exputer and eXtas1s) have 0 credibility.

They have simply scored an easy triple shot to hit. Not because they have secret information.

MS should definitely have a Slim version of XSX because it needs a product that costs less to produce. The fact that it is only digital coincides with the leaks and the dynamics of physical sales on Xbox.

The deadlines (July) do not coincide with what Sarah Bond said that she invited at the end of the year for "announcements" about hardware. Unless an XSX revision wasn't part of those announcements...

The only thing that goes out of line is with respect to the color white. And neither, because it is the color of XSS digital and well the color of XBO S...

Last edited:

Zuzu

I want that new controller more than anything else but I’m interested in one of these for the aesthetics and as a replacement for my Series S for my friends when they come round to visit.

Last edited:

sendit

What they should have done in 2020 but 4 years late, Sony's strategy with PS5 was always the right one.
Yep. Now they're in this weird position of releasing a 3rd Series configuration (teraflop diff) or going to next gen earlier then expected. Either or, they're at risk of losing the most powerful console title. I doubt Phil would like that.

Obviously we had the FTC leaks that confirmed its existence, but I remember other insiders coming out and saying that it was cancelled after all (was it Corden?)
Didn't he also say online gaming wouldn't need a subscription anymore like back in 2020?

intbal

Still feels like a miracle of dumb luck timing that I walked into my local Walmart (in a tiny rural town which never has anything in stock) a few days after Christmas and bought a Series X for $350.

RespawnX

That would make the 1TB series S more stupid and irrelevant than it already is. $50 more for triple GPU power? Lol.

I want an Xbox 299
I want more space 349
I could get more power 399
I may need a disc drive now and then 499

Some call it stupid others call it upselling

dotnotbot

So the only thing that has been cancelled is the trash-can-like design of the console but not the overall concept. MS and its insiders lying to fans yet again.

Top Bottom