• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So can someone sum up what's been going on with this? Is ZE3 all but confirmed at this point and have there been any hints at a possible timeframe for a proper reveal?

So can someone sum up what's been going on with this? Is ZE3 all but confirmed at this point and have there been any hints at a possible timeframe for a proper reveal?

New words (and now also numbers) popped up, the counter has been ticking down steadily, and it is thought to be pointing towards an anime convention at the beginning of July, where apparently Aksys often announces games. The only "deciphered" thing is that one of the numbers on the teaser is the latitude of the conference center the convention will be held in.

Uchikoshi has tweeted a few interesting things to say the least, Rising Star Games is being a bit cryptic (and have confirmed they "know what is going on", they are the EU localizers of Virtue's Last Reward).

/r/ZeroEscape, Court Records Forums and 4chan are other websites of active discussion.

Ghost Trick meets Zero Escape does sound pretty cool.

I'm only really speaking mechanically, since the show has some fairly "gamey" elements where the protagonist, as a ghost, has to manipulate the environment. I'd assume that those would transfer over into the game as well.

although there was one episode where
a charecter died and he had to go back in time to prevent their death. That was pretty Ghost Trick.

takoyaki

as objectively speaking as I can after 2 frickin' months:

LA Convention Center: confirmed. (Latitude)

Anime Expo Reveal: more likely then ever. (0102, LA Convention Center, Aksys will be there this year)

Zero Escape 3: not yet confirmed, but there has been a slow trickle of hints/news/tweets/etc. making it the most likely Uchikoshi game to be revealed (nothing pointing at Punchline, Infinity series only mentioned in the url)

grim-tales

Its not impossible its a localisation of Punchline but it sounds unlikely given Uchikoshi's tweets/hints.
If it is ZE3 though, will Uchikoshi be able to make the game the way he wants?

I'm only really speaking mechanically, since the show has some fairly "gamey" elements where the protagonist, as a ghost, has to manipulate the environment. I'd assume that those would transfer over into the game as well.

although there was one episode where
a charecter died and he had to go back in time to prevent their death. That was pretty Ghost Trick.

(Virtue's Last Reward, Punchline spoilers)
Don't forget Uchikoshi reusing "the 'spirit' -or 'consciousness'- of the same person going back and possessing his own younger body

Anime Expo is 2nd July right?

I'm assuming we don't know the exact length of the show, but if Punchline were to be 13 episodes long then the final one would broadcast on 2nd July too.

Not that I think there's any connection or anything.

grim-tales

I hope ZE3 still has lots of twists, since in some ways we know quite a bit about it already - where it takes place (?) some of the characters etc....

Does anybody have any theories on when the next word will go up?

I feel like it is tomorrow, maybe the pattern since that Tuesday is going to repeat.

Swamped

Banned
Maybe Aksys wont just announce one game, but a series of them in this teaser?
What if Punchline is one of them?

If they announce ports of the infinity games for 3ds/vita that would be so cool! I've never played them.

No no no....we must not baselessly speculate...but it's so fun to!

Since that one number turned out to be latitude, I wonder if the other words are about the announcement itself as well.

Thw only one thst makes sense is "Gab" if thst is the case, they might be telling us "we are going to make small talk".

Maybe that means no big game announcements... *shudder*

edit: Why did we only thunk of the noun form of "ring"? Ring id a verb as well, as in ringing a bell.

grim-tales

Cool, thanks :D
@Funya, it would be a REAL big shame if there was no big announcement, let alone no ZE3 but then why would they go to all the trouble of making this teaser?

Cool, thanks :D
@Funya, it would be a REAL big shame if there was no big announcement, let alone no ZE3 but then why would they go to all the trouble of making this teaser?

good point

also ring might mean the sound, like a phone or an alarm.

... Wait, wasn't there someone who was looking for connections between words?

Firefighter & ring checks out (ring as in RRRRRRRIIINNNGGGGG of a fire alarm)

takoyaki

1/216 are the odds of something good coming from this

I like those odds. Especially since 34.0419 was solved :)

Does anyone have new ideas about 1/216? "the odds of something happening for the 3rd time in a row" still seems like the best fit IMO

Does anybody have any theories on when the next word will go up?

I feel like it is tomorrow, maybe the pattern since that Tuesday is going to repeat.

Right now, the only pattern is "word or number showing up on a workday once a week". Maybe last week the pattern changed because of Memorial Day weekend.

Does anyone have new ideas about 1/216? "the odds of something happening for the 3rd time in a row" still seems like the best fit IMO

Since 1/216 is (1/6)^3, it would be the odds of getting a particular number on 3 dice (not just the same number 3 times). E.g. the odds of rolling 3 sixes.

Or it could be just a particular combination. E.g. getting a 1 on the first die, a 2 on the second, and a 3 on the third would be 1/216 as well. Keep in mind that it's not the odds of getting a 1, 2, and 3 when rolling three dice: it's getting 1, 2, and 3 in that particular order. Probability is tons of fun.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I haven't been keeping close attention.

takoyaki

Yes, you are right! But then, what's the significance of 1/6?

Dice have six sides and they are the go-to example when it comes to talking about odds/chances.

Say you have 3 dice, all with the numbers 1-5 and a ZE logo instead of the number 6 on them:

If you roll the first die, your odds of rolling the ZE logo are 1/6.

If you have rolled the ZE logo, your chances of rolling the ZE logo with the second die are (1/6)x(1/6) = 1/36

If you have rolled the ZE logo 2 times, your chances of rolling the ZE logo with the third die is (1/6)x(1/6)x(1/6)=1/216

The same applies if you roll 3 dice at the same time or the same die three times in a row.

So 1/216 would be the unlikely (but still possible) odds of rolling the ZE logo 3 times in a row.

IIRC Uchikoshi described ze3 as " 3 people split into 3 sections". I think it was a tweet but I'll go look for it.

do you mean this tweet?

screenshot0027-05-24abvb9s.png

takoyaki

place one: a firefighter headquarters
place two: an ice cream parlor
place three: a boxing ring

ZE3 confirmed.

Not gonna lie, I'd play that ;)

The tweet is really interesting, but it's from 2012, so things could have changed since then. Still, ZE3 would be the last game of a trilogy and Uchikoshi has used numbers which hold meaning in all of his works, so I think the number 3 repeatedly showing up in the game seems like something he would do.

grim-tales

I'm interested to see what Uchikoshi will do to keep things fresh n' fresh for this game (if its ZE3)
No new word/number yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom