• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

I see this thread as more of a support group than anything else lol. A Support group that loves solving puzzles.

Zero Escape Anonymous :D

I like it :)

The problem with the teaser has always been that they didn't give us enough information. We've tried solving the words for weeks without even knowing if they are supposed to be solved/solvable. A small group of people can only come up with so many ideas, no matter how dedicated we are. Knowing for sure when the teaser will be over is good enough for me. At this point, I see the teaser site as "one more thing to look forward to after E3". And hey, maybe we'll still be able to figure out the teaser before July 3rd, you never know...

Wazzy

Banned
The dedication to solving stuff in this thread is amazing. Y'all keep me sane while waiting anxiously for this announcement.

takoyaki

She's listed in the VLR credits, just like the last #4infinity RT

screenshot2015-06-04awhopp.png

edit:

On default zoom for me it's only above 1/216, so we'd have to know what size monitor it was intended to be viewed on.

only all caps word too.

Same here actually.

I see, so that’s probably not it. They have to know how screwed up formatting is at this point.

grim-tales

The fact she mentions a "Pandora" in her tweet could be interesting...
(Rambling Thoughts):
In Greek mythology, Pandora's Box was said to be a box (actually a large jar) in which all the evils of the world were trapped. This could be a reference to the release of Rad-6?

I think I might have figured out what CUT-HERE means.

I think it does refer to some things being separated from others. I cannot make the comparison right now (will edit in my answer if I figure it out) but I think we might be on to something if we sort all words by their scrolling speeds.

Edit: Will need aomeone to double check me but I found

34.0419> CUT-HERE> coin> firefighter> -118.2687

takoyaki

I think it does refer to some things being separated from others. I cannot make the comparison right now (will edit in my answer if I figure it out) but I think we might be on to something if we sort all words by their scrolling speeds.

This was my first thought as well, looking forward to your edit :)

here's the moving words sorted by scrollspeed:

<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount=&#8220;2&#8221;>-118.2687</marquee></h1>

<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount=&#8220;5">firefighter</marquee></h1>

<h2><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="9">CUT&#8211;HERE</marquee></h2>

<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount=&#8220;10&#8221;>34.0419</marquee></h1>

???

Code:
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction=&#8220;left">[B]coin[/B]</marquee></h1>

edit: not sure if this helps or not, but the "-" in CUT-HERE is written as "&#8211 ;" in red in the sourcecode

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/screenshot2015-06-04aj2s9v.png[/IMG]

Pretty much. Why not reveal this at E3 though? :(

Whatever this is would probably get buried under all the mainstream title announcements but announcing it at Anime Expo (where niche games and media are in the spotlight) would mean they wouls be able to garner more attention.

grim-tales

Edit: Will need aomeone to double check me but I found

34.0419> CUT-HERE> coin> firefighter> -118.2687

Do we take the smaller number away from the bigger one or the other way round?

Do we take the smaller number away from the bigger one or the other way round?

I think we should separate from the hyphen in CUT-HERE.

so that gives two gtoups where one is 34.0419/CUT while the other is all the pther previous words + HERE

edit: assuming the groups should be of similar size, I predict that the newer words we get will be quite fast.

Also forgot that a third group exists, which are the static words: Gab, shotgun, ring, 1/216 and ice cream

This was my first thought as well, looking forward to your edit :)

here's the moving words sorted by scrollspeed:

<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount=“2”>-118.2687</marquee></h1>

<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount=“5">firefighter</marquee></h1>

<h2><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="9">CUT–HERE</marquee></h2>

<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount=“10”>34.0419</marquee></h1>

???

Code:
<h1><marquee behavior="scroll" direction=“left">[B]coin[/B]</marquee></h1>

edit: not sure if this helps or not, but the "-" in CUT-HERE is written as "– ;" in red in the sourcecode

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/screenshot2015-06-04aj2s9v.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

wait... why CUT-HERE is header 2 instead of header 1 like others?? hmm
and, [CODE]"&#8211 " is "-"

Digital root of 8211 is 3.

ZERO ESCAPE 3 CONFIRMED
ahahaha didn't realized that
Could you explain the difference between h2 and h1? And will "&#8211;" turn red automatically if it's written as 8211?
basically just assume that h1 is the sub-header in a paragraph while h2 is the sub-header of the previous sub-heading
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_headers
and as for why it's in red, I think it's just how the browser detects different html codings and colour it so it is easier to read

redhood56

Banned
We got a word this week. Hmmm. I suspect the panel to be livestream mainly because it looks like aksys is ramping up their streaming stuff on twitch. Maybe cut here means to ignore the 1/216 and focus on everything above it?

takoyaki

grim-tales

I just had a thought, that I just read somewhere else on Gamefaqs.
Look at the way CUT-HERE goes under the word ring
What does cutting a Ring in half do?
If you put a vertical through a ring image - 0 - it kinda looks like the symbol for Phi, no? ZERO ESCAPE 3 CONFIRMED

takoyaki

one more idea: what if "CUT-HERE" means "cut the words after the 3rd letter and put them into 2 groups"?

that would leave us with:

Gab ice coi sho rin fir (CUT)

cream n tgun g efighter (HERE)

I've tried using the caesarian shift and looking for anagrams, but only for a few minutes. Maybe someone else has more luck? Another idea of decrypting those two groups?

takoyaki

thanks redditor DeMatador

Guys, crazy thought.

What if this isn't "CUT HERE", but rather "C U THERE", as in "see you there"?

They gave us coordinates and now they're telling us "see you there". It makes some sense. Could this be it?

I think it fits pretty well with the coordinates and the idea of Aksys' hints getting more obvious the closer we get to the end.

and it looks like Punchline will have 12 episodes in total

screenshot2015-06-05a8oub7.png

takoyaki

This has happened a few times before, but the counter site displaying 403 feels like a cruel joke every time it happens ;)

edit: 15 min late, teaser site down, aksys main site up... It's starting to feel like something is off today (hope it means a bigger change to the site)

redhood56

Banned
This has happened a few times before, but the counter site displaying 403 feels like a cruel joke every time it happens ;)

edit: 15 min late, teaser site down, aksys main site up... It's starting to feel like something is off today (hope it means a bigger change to the site)
Hopefully they finally change it to a live countdown. Also the c u there theory is really interesting.

takoyaki

It's up again and it looks different

edit: "third invisible pair of numbers counting down" idea from way back when confirmed? starting at 0303(03) meaning 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days.

000400 would have to change to 000306 tomorrow

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
0004 00? That's weird.

Also the counter is no longer an image. The 0004 00 is actual text.

grim-tales

Now that IS different! I wonder what the two extra 0's mean? And the "sh" before the first set of numbers....
Zooming out a couple of times gives me 000400

takoyaki

Now that IS different! I wonder what the two extra 0's mean? And the "sh" before the first set of numbers....

i think the two 0s mean days and the sh is probably sh-otgun, i'm on mobile right now and the formatting has never been funkier, landscape mode an iphone is something else :)

400 hours maybe? 400/24 = 16 2/3 days which would have the countdown end around Monday 6/22.

Can somebody apply Radical-6 time to this?

Edit: I think it comes around to 40 days or something so R6 is probably not the solution

Edit 2: Far fetched idea but what if the release date of the teased material is displayed on this counter?

grim-tales

If the first 2 00's are days are the other numbers weeks (as we thought?)
In the UK I'm sure the format would go weeks/days :s

takoyaki

^ I think the first two 0s stand for months, the second pair of numbers for weeks (04) and the last pair of 0s for days. We should know 24 hours from now if this is correct.

the formatting sure is weird now...
edit: yeah, the 2 zeroes representing days make sense, since it will end up to 3rd july after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom