• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AL Senate Candidate Roy Moore Refers to Asians as Yellows, Native Americans as Reds

Fucking Roy Moore won the primary runoff.

Well I mean both him and Strange were shit but I didn't think Moore would get it.

Now in December it'll be him against the Democrat candidate Doug Jones for the Senate seat.

AlabamaGAF, I know it's a long shot, but I hope you'll go out and vote for Jones in December.

snap

Banned

Well I mean both him and Strange were shit but I didn't think Moore would get it.

Now in December it'll be him against the Democrat candidate Doug Jones for the Senate seat.

AlabamaGAF, I know it's a long shot, but I hope you'll go out and vote for Jones in December.

to put it another way: another gop establishment stooge got unseated by a tea party/far-right knucklehead.

it's like GOP voters don't even learn. have any of these tea party obstructionists gotten a single meaningful thing done?

Afrodium

Banned
to put it another way: another gop establishment stooge got unseated by a tea party/far-right knucklehead.

it's like GOP voters don't even learn. have any of these tea party obstructionists gotten a single meaningful thing done?

Tea Party is establishment RINOs now. Moore is a whole new breed.

Trump endorsed Luther, which is hilarious.

Indeed. That's the only part about Moore winning that I find amusing. Trump's man lost. But both are shit.

Trump's guy clearly wasn't evil enough for Alabama.

He legit told people "God put me in this election" and pulled out a pistol (cause Strange's attack ads focused on how "soft" he was on gun rights) at his last rally and the idiots ate it up.

Not that long ago, the Reds where the commies.

We still have the Reds in baseball. As far I know they're not natives, though.
It's a shortened form of "Red Legs" which is not the same as the Red Sox.
But there are natives in baseball, the Braves and the Indians.
Just to say that the natives are great in sports, as long as they are no real natives.
And kneeling during the Anthem is a thing.

And what a long shot it is.

So this guy is a Birther and his opponent is the guy who put away the KKK members responsible for the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing. Tough choice there AL.

So this guy is a Birther and his opponent is the guy who put away the KKK members responsible for the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing. Tough choice there AL.

I'm planning to make a thread a few days before the election to rally AlabamaGAF against Moore, even though realistically...sigh. Fuck this state.

cameron

No Trump endorsed the other guy, Bannon backed Moore.

Bannon and his ilk are happy.

MY5kudT.png

turmoil

Banned
When I was reading an article about this guy I truly had a problem thinking I was reading the Onion, even for US right standards

scurker

To be honest, I think Jones likely has a better chance against Moore than against Strange. I never thought I'd say this, but between the two I'd rather have Moore up against Jones.

I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility. Prior to Sessions & Shelby, Alabama's senators were primarily democrats.

RPGCrazied

Trump said this about if Strange loses.... and he did, lol I hear its even from a rally, so there is video of it too, really want to see it.

DKscc-fXoAEHfeN.jpg

To be honest, I think Jones likely has a better chance against Moore than against Strange. I never thought I'd say this, but between the two I'd rather have Moore up against Jones.

I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility. Prior to Sessions & Shelby, Alabama's senators were primarily democrats.

I hope you're right. My defeatist attitude may just be due to how things are in my local area (small town where God and Guns Trump everything). Fuck I need to move to Birmingham or something.

I mean I only read Doug Jones' wikipedia entry but compare it with Moores...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Jones_(attorney)

How is he the underdog? Rhetorical question of course.

I'm hoping it's just me worrying too much that there aren't enough people in this state who will vote against Moore.

This guy thinks the constitution is secondary to the bible. I can't be happy about this Trump loss or not. It's scary as shit that people would choose someone like Moore.

Savitar

This guy is all about God, that makes me ask.......what sort of things has he done that is against God, considering he's one of those classic God fearing types......I'm going to say a lot since they usually are the most hypocritical of the lot. Maybe a few scandals will bring them into the light.

Trump said this about if Strange loses.... and he did, lol I hear its even from a rally, so there is video of it too, really want to see it.

DKscc-fXoAEHfeN.jpg
Yeah, he said that at a rally for Luther Strange (the same one where he started this feud with the NFL). What a weird dynamic. Trump was only there campaigning for Strange because the GOP establishment convinced him to, but all the super Trumpy folks like Bannon, Gorka, Palin, etc. were campaigning for Moore. And a good chunk of people at this nominally Strange rally were Moore supporters who just came to see Trump.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This is confusing.

So the more Moore says strange things, the more he trumps Strange who Trumps likes more?

He doesn't just say strange things, he is a strange thing.

He's the worst part of your mother's facebook conspiracy theory reading. He's a Religious Based version of Donald Trump.

The only positives I can think of, if he gets elected, is that we get to spread our stupidity onto the rest of you, and maybe some of the other senators have the ability to investigate him for the corruption he'll inevitably become involved in, and have the ability to put him away (if he stayed here, that'd never happen).

Seriously, how can you be allowed to run after getting taken off the state supreme court TWICE?!? How did he get let back on?!?

scurker

I hope you're right. My defeatist attitude may just be due to how things are in my local area (small town where God and Guns Trump everything). Fuck I need to move to Birmingham or something.

I'm hoping it's just me worrying too much that there aren't enough people in this state who will vote against Moore.

It's probably a different feeling in rural areas. That's not to say there's a lack of Trump loyalists here in Birmingham, but I've had conversations with quite a few people that are willing to cross the line for Jones. At least in the primaries, Jones had more votes than Strange and Moore combined in Jefferson County. I know that doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the state will fall that way, but I'm at least hopeful that Jones possibly has a chance. Huntsville voted for Brooks in the primaries, then for Strange in the runoffs - so I have a difficult time believing all those votes will fall to Moore.

I don't give a shit what the Bernie wing think, they need to run the most Republican DINO they can find against this guy and pour as much money in as possible.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That's what I've been wanting to know.

I think it all happened before I moved here. I remembered a long time ago about the 10 commandments thing. Figured when he got removed that would be the end of that. Whoopsie Daisy.

This is a guy who will disobey Supreme Court verdicts, as a member of the judiciary. Because God told him to.

If I could mentally erase Moore from my mind, I'd be thrilled with the outcome, of both Trump's failure, but also Strange. Strange, being the state AG, dragged on the investigation of the former Gov. Bentley, who probably as a result of that, put him in as Sessions replacement (right before Bentley resigned in disgrace). Surely now, maybe Strange will fall under investigation back in Alabama, along with all the other members now under investigation.

But Moore...

I think it all happened before I moved here. I remembered a long time ago about the 10 commandments thing. Figured when he got removed that would be the end of that. Whoopsie Daisy.

This is a guy who will disobey Supreme Court verdicts, as a member of the judiciary. Because God told him to.

As a gay man having him potentially on the US senate scares the shit out of me tbh.

Roy Moore was found guilty of SIX ethics violations.

At the SAME TIME.

God damn.

Figured he'd steamroll the primary. His past is of no consequence to his base.

It's like Final Fantasy X.
Roy Moore is the physical manifestation of the racist hopes and traditionalist dreams of antebellum Alabama.

Top Bottom