• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

LordKasual

Banned
I just got to give a shout out to how much this game has improved visually over the last couple of months.

I mean the new footage straight up looks like a big improvement on Duscae overall.

New footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jhtTl36J8

Duscae demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDI0p2wf1J4

To me it is impressive how much they have managed to bring the visuals up to spec. This is more of showcase than FFXIII was for its time.

that Duscae sky was just so....ugh, damn pretty....

But everything else is a jaw dropping improvement. I had pretty much accepted that the final game would look worse than Duscae, and now here we are...

Yeah. I'm 14 hours in now and barely have scratched the surface of Chapter 3, so I'm afraid that after the piece I'm working on today there'll be one more hands-on preview to go.

I have no clue who you are, but if it's true that you have are playing FFXV,
could you do me a favor and try to unequip all your weapons?

Will Noctis throw a punch instead?

Also, Are you able to make videos or are you at the show?
Could you upload it to a site (youtube always compresses videos)

I know I'm asking for much, :p thanks.

edit : ooh someone else that has access to FFXV
Not too late to steal it back!

Mr.Shreier Could you please try unequipping noctis weapons, I would like to know if he can swing or throw a kick, please?

Ishida

Banned
Highly doubt you can unequip all weapons and throw punches. I'm betting the game forces you to always have a weapon equipped, like most FF's.

Koozek

Yeah. I'm 14 hours in now and barely have scratched the surface of Chapter 3, so I'm afraid that after the piece I'm working on today there'll be one more hands-on preview to go.
Ohh, hi, Jeremy! Just wanted to tell you that I've loved your work on 1UP.com back in the days. Thank you very much! Keep the previews coming :D
I am! First five chapters. I have been told that my progress will carry over to the final review build so this is fantastic -- allows me to really take my time with the game for my review.
So are you still doing a preview article or are you already working on the review?

I have no clue who you are, but if it's true that you have are playing FFXV,
could you do me a favor and try to unequip all your weapons?

edit : ooh someone else that has access to FFXV
It's Jeremy Parish from the USGamer previews in the OP!

giphy.gif

why do I get an outrun vibe from this?

Nice, I'm enjoying these. Having fond memories of reading your great FF XII preview coverage for 1up back in the day.

Koozek

Is this from the new German video? Anyone got a link to it?
Just noticed that gameswelt uploaded a longer 6m preview video with a few more german dub scenes:
http://www.gameswelt.tv/final-fantasy-xv/video-preview,54819

Everything new is in the OP too, btw, I'm keeping it updated.

Nice, I'm enjoying these. Having fond memories of reading your great FF XII preview coverage for 1up back in the day.
Was just rereading some of those FFXII articles :D

jschreier

Could we expect a write up sometime soon? How do you feel about the story thus far?
I'm not doing a "preview" per se (we're too close to final release) but I may do a Q&A next week that answers any of the questions people might have about the game.

wmlk

giphy.gif

why do I get an outrun vibe from this?

Blue skies, white clouds, and palm trees. :)

I'm not doing a "preview" per se (we're too close to final release) but I may do a Q&A next week that answers any of the questions people might have about the game.

I just want people to highlight the camera differences before and after the day one patch. I realize that the review will be for stuff before the day one patch, which can either be good or bad depending on how you look at it. People without an internet connection aren't going to get the better camera.

Ketaya

Dat German player 10 hit combo!
Never seen anyone be so aggressive with the manual lock on button,

giphy.gif

^This feels Ninja Gaiden black style here :)

Yeah, the guy playing also has a twitch channel I'm watching quite often, he knows how to play a game properly. He finished DQ Builders a few days ago and is currently playing through WoFF on stream (both not blind since he reviewed both before).
(The guy playing is not the one talking in the video.)

Everything new is in the OP too, btw, I'm keeping it updated.

Was just rereading some of those FFXII articles :D

Maybe I'll reread those before playing the XII remaster!

Are you getting any of those amorphous but unmistakable SNES and PS1 era vibes from what you've played?

Can you do a Q & D instead,

MR.Tabata san,remake Final Fantasy VI ala FFXV - similar combat and world engine-
K? thanks.

Koozek

I think I'm speaking for many here with this question, it's something many here have been wondering and worrying about, so it would be great to get an answer:

Are the shoe soles of the main party as red as back in 2014 again? For comparion:
Tpelin2.jpg

My decision on cancelling my pre-order pretty much hinges on that. Thank you!

I think I'm speaking for many here with this question, it's something many here have been wondering and worrying about, so it would be great to get an answer:

Are the shoe soles of the main party as red as back in 2014 again? For comparion:
Tpelin2.jpg

I need to know that!

Tpelin2.jpg

Yes, I'd actually like to reword my previous question to be exactly this.

Falk

that puzzling face

What happens when you stand still in Ch0?

PRESSING QUESTIONS

nm it's not next week yet

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Tpelin2.jpg

Please don't.

Joqu

Tpelin2.jpg

I'd like to ask this exact same question too. In fact, let's have the entire Q&A be about this question

wmlk

I might waste my time picking the perfect track for the perfect moment. In one of the streams, Fisherman's Horizon was playing on the way to Galdin Quay as the sun was setting. It was so good.

Though, the eventual PC version is probably going to allow for mods for custom soundtracks. Ideally we'd be getting that on consoles too.

Neiteio

So, uh, FFXV is looking really good, huh?

I'm currently in the middle of my first playthrough of FFVII (there will be an LttP, if anyone is interested), and I'm REALLY enjoying it.

Kind of has me in the mood for FFXV!

Tpelin2.jpg

forget what I said,
I need to know this, and everyone is joking but I'm not.

Can it be I'd pay a real dollar for DLC or patched please?

Top Bottom